LRT And MRT Services

The idea of separating the male couches from the females/elderly/preggy women/ andwith children couch sucks big time!

They separated the males from the females to prevent sexual advances to female passengers in MRT/LRT couches.It's totally unfair!

Female passengers can sneak in to male couches all the time but, male passengers cannot enter female couches. How sure are they that there are no lesboz riding in the female couches and there are no gay men riding the male couches?Both sexes are capable of doing sexual advances in a full-packed MRT/LRT couch anytime.

Stupid rule!Stupid security guards!Stupid MRT/LRT administrators! :thumbsdownsmiley:

• 3 weeks later...

ganyan na talaga ang kalakaran sa mrt... instead of complaining and complaining na di naman din umaabot sa mga tamang tao eh gumawa na lang kayo ng diskarte para di kayo maabala....

1. gumising ng mas maaga - mas maaga sa mrt mas konti ang tao

2. wag sumabay sa agos - kung alam mong uwian at puno ang mrt.. aba wag muna punta dun...

3. if girl u... wag akalaing masarap ang buhay sa girls only carts.... in reality mas malupit pa ata dun... sa common meron at merong lalaki na kahit papano ay gagawa ng paraan mapagbigyan ka lang...

4. if guy u... aba wag samantalahin ang situation para mairaos ang kamanyakan... dahil baka kayo mamanyak din...

kung magrereklamo ka.. magreklamo sa tama at wastong paraan...

at saka.. isipin mo din... madami ka choices... di lang mrt/lrt ang pede mo sakyan....

• 2 months later...

I'll let you guys in on a little known secret. A classmate of mine works at an organization that reviews funding requests for gov't projects. Among those that has passed in theif offices is the EDSA MRT project. Apparently, either to save on costs of acquisistion or something more heinous, the trains for EDSA are merely refurbished/reconditioned/slightly upgraded versions of those that were installed in Taft during the 1980's. The trains along EDSA are essentially old, which results in their frequent breakdown.

If you had been riding on the EDSA line since it opened, you'll notice a few things. Back then, there was hardly any kind of overcrowding on the trains or platforms. Perhaps, there wasn't that many users back then. Or there could be more operational trains.

In contrast, the trains along Aurora are a lot more high tech. In fact, they can be controlled from a central point, hence they can actually tell you to within a few seconds when the next train comes. The driver sitting in the driver seat merely monitors the train, and is merely there so the people won't freak out that no one is driving the train.

Can anyone here remember that incident when they actually blamed the BSP when they would run out of coins for change? It was a minor news item a few months after EDSA MRT opened. They claimed that BSP wasn't circulating enough coins. That accusation alone shows how stupid the administrators of the train system are. Anyone who has a basic understanding of macroeconomics will know that the amount of money (in both paper bills and coins) is strictly regulated by the BSP to match whatever level they deem necessary for the economy. When BSP shot back regarding that statement, and then suggested opening an exact fare only window, the problem of change shortage was fixed. Imagine that, someone else had to solve their problem.

The idea of separating the male couches from the females/elderly/preggy women/ andwith children couch sucks big time!

They separated the males from the females to prevent sexual advances to female passengers in MRT/LRT couches.It's totally unfair!

Female passengers can sneak in to male couches all the time but, male passengers cannot enter female couches. How sure are they that there are no lesboz riding in the female couches and there are no gay men riding the male couches?Both sexes are capable of doing sexual advances in a full-packed MRT/LRT couch anytime.

Stupid rule!Stupid security guards!Stupid MRT/LRT administrators! :thumbsdownsmiley:

What, you'd rather they be swamped by complaints that they are inept in preventing sexual harassement of their passengers? E yung magpatakbo na lang ng tren e hindi pa nila magawa ng maayos, yun pang bagay na hindi nila area of expertise?

For the past three months, I rode the MRT and LRT2 on my way home from work. Despite working graveyard shifts and going home in the morning, I still endured the packed train coaches whenever I rode the MRT. I would say that the LRT-2 line is much better compared to the MRT. Aside from the wider trains, the stations are cleaner and they have vending machines where you can buy the cards. Compare that to the MRT where the trains are narrower leading to more jampacked coaches plus you can only buy the cards from the teller windows and this naturally leads to a long queue of people. Thankfully, my car has been fixed and I'm back using it again which means I no longer have to ride the MRT and LRT on a daily basis.

• 2 months later...

Advantage ng Trans dito satin is

MTC mode:

although siksikan, pagnakatiyempo ka ng seksi at maganda katabi mo, panalo!

Civil mode:

Mabilis lalo na pag malayo bahay mo sa pupuntahan mo, for example from quiapo going to cainta, better to ride a train kesa mag commute ka ng jip/fx/bus etc.

Negatives:

Siksikan, muntik na akong mapaaway nuon dahil walang disiplina mga katabi mo.

Opnion:

Sana magkaron sila ng time frame kung ilang minutes lang dapat ang train every station, sa ibang bansa kasi ganun ( example sa HK) kaya handle nila yung daang libong commuters, hindi masyadong naiipon mga tao.

• 2 weeks later...

MRT administration should do something better during rush hour in cubao and ayala stations. Even if they already added trips

during rush hours, it is still not sufficient because there are still many passengers who cannot be accommodated during this

time(Sa sm north at q. ave puno na agad wala na masakyan yung mga nasa cubao). Dapat pag ganun na sitwasyon, mag deploy na

sila train diretso sa cubao...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I urge the new government to increase the fares by 100% or more and solve two problems together- (1) reduce the number of commuter (especially naka-sando at tsinelas, may BO at hindi naliligo!) and have sufficient funds to buy new trains!

TAASAN ANG MRT AT LRT FARES by 100% or more!!!

Problem is politics again. Sasabihin nang mahihirap na masyadong mataas para sa kakayahan nila, and since boto yon, papel si politico. Helloooooo! Ang presyo ba nang bilihin sa sari sari store nang mahihirap depende sa kakayahan nang mamimili nilang kapit bahay? And saan ba madaming tricycle and magkano bayad sa tricycle?

So minsan, solution nang gobyerno, subsidy. E pag subsidy, pati yung taga Visayas and Mindanao na hindi pa nakakita nang anino ng MRT o LRT nagbabayad, hindi ba?

Isa pa sa MRT and LRT, sa Singapore and Hongkong, bili ka nang card (Octopus sa Singapore and can't remember what sa Hongkong) and gamit mo na sa paglipat from red line to green line etc., and sa bus, and sa Mcdo and 7-11. Tapos, yung MTR nila, mula airport pa. Sa Metro Manila, bili nang ticket para sa MRT then bili ulit pag lipat sa LRT. Hindi ba nag bayahe mga bosing dito? O baka naman kasi bosing sila, kaya may sundo parati kaya hindi nila nakikita itong mga ito.