Manual Or Automatic?

Stick Shift man!! Real car or racing enthusiasts normally goes for a manual transmission because they are more responsive.

Automatics are for sissies.

Haha.. I'm going to have to disagree with that.

Manual maybe be better for control, but you can't beat a good programmed automatic, it's crisp and responsive, it almost responds like a manual.

Even high powered cars like Mercedes AMG's are auto tranny's does that mean those cars are sissies ??

Edited by hks7mgte
Stick Shift man!! Real car or racing enthusiasts normally goes for a manual transmission because they are more responsive.

Automatics are for sissies.

Ganoon?

I bet your stick shift won't be able to stick to my automatic Impreza WRX wagon on ANY KIND OF ROAD. Gusto mo karera tayo sa puro humps na kalye okay rin lang.

Not all automatics are sissified. Perhaps the ones you've driven are.

Besides:

sis·sy (sĭs'ē) pronunciation

n., pl. -sies.

1. A boy or man regarded as effeminate.

2. A person regarded as timid or cowardly.

3. Informal. Sister.

So, lets you and I take our cars, you in your stickshift and me in my A/T and hit half a dozen humps in succession at 100 kph. The one who brakes is the real sissy. Or let drive up that gravel road to Baler, Aurora in our cars and see who gets there first. The guy who comes in last is a yellow, chicken livered, sissy.

How's that?

My apologies. I should not react like this to what sounds like a tongue-in-cheek post. But "sissy" to a gentlemenyak is a major pejorative. Choose your words well next time.

stick shift is fun when you are young...but im getting old and lazy..hehehe ....so matic for me now.......i have no problems with my lexus IS350, its auto tranny is aggressive enough for me.......automatic transmissions are gettting better and better and manual tranny will be obsolete in the future.

Automatic pag city, but when I'm in the highway, shift ako to Tiptronic. i choose automatic with sporttronic transmission cars

same here. kia sportage's tiptronic is so easy to use and mimics that manual feel.

on auto, i've also started to get the hang of slightly releasing the gas when you hit 2k rpm to trigger the upshift!

:thumbsupsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...