Manual Or Automatic?

• 1 month later...
Honda City 1.5 VTi, but even the 1.3 iDSI has the S mode.

Sports mode gives you a higher rev than usual, making it more responsive and gives you a push on acceleration.

The gears are:

Drive

Sports

Low

Both D and S can be driven using the

CVT or

the 7 Speed automatic or

the 7 Speed Manual.

So, technically I have seven kind of transmission in this thing (R not counted.). Really versatile.

Thanks

I would get a matic for anything with a 1.8cc or bigger engine... masyadong mahina pag 1.6cc or lower yung engine size pag matic... the manual transmission atleast gives the smaller displacement engines a little bit more uummphhh.

I would get a matic for anything with a 1.8cc or bigger engine... masyadong mahina pag 1.6cc or lower yung engine size pag matic... the manual transmission atleast gives the smaller displacement engines a little bit more uummphhh.

Depende sa gamit.

If you're mostly city driving, and you can afford the additional 50K on the price tag, get a matic tranny. there's no value in getting a manual except for the fuel economy.

If you're car is sporty (like a Subaru Impreza, Mitsu Evo VII, or Hyundai Coupe, Mazda Miata, Civic SRi - no A/T option), get a manual. Sayang kase ang investment kung matic.

If you're mostly doing out-of-town trips (going to Laguna etc) and the engine is 1.6L or less, get the manual tranny. It's a tough challenge to overtake from 80kph above with a matic.. puede ka pa madisgrasya dahil bitin sa power.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Guest Leviticus

A/T for higher mileage, lower gas consumption?!?

Oh come on... you'd rather depend on a machine for your gas consumption rather than yourself controlling your consumption?

I guess agree ako with one of the posters here who say that you lose your driving skill when you stay with an automatic for too long.

Go for manual. Sisiw magmaneho ng automatic. Nakakatamad.

After driving M/T cars for 9 years (since 1994), I shifted to A/T back in 2003. Nakakapagod na ang M/T. It's a good thing though that my car has an activematic/sportronic/electronic manual (however you guys may want to call it) option...so when the litte boy wants to play zoom-zoom B) , I can force the car to shift gears when I want to. :cool: It gives you a near-M/T experience. :thumbsupsmiley:

You may want to consider this option in choosing your next car. ^_^

with the freaking trraffic, esp now that the xmas season is fast approaching.. matic na ko!

dati ayaw ko dahil mas malakas sa gas tsaka hina ng batak kaso di worth it compared sa stress ng pagdrive ng manual...

pero syempre kapag habol mo speed... manual pa din! hirap ako magtimpla talaga sa matic kasi