Manual Or Automatic?

kung expected long drive with lotsa traffic, automatic.

kung everyday driving, manual para tipid sa gas.

Guess you don't know much about cars. Mas matipid ang matic as long as you know how to use it. The trick there is iwasan mong magrevolution ng mataas ang car mo. Limit it to 2revs. Like yung sa Petron. do you know how they did it?

Aside from the no aircon and radio, its a matic car. Ang matic ilagay mo lang sa drive. aandar yun kahit di mo tapakan ang gas.

Has anyone wondered or asked how many days? Weeks? ginawa yun petron challenge bago sya na achieve?

Mukhang wala.

Guess you don't know much about cars. Mas matipid ang matic as long as you know how to use it. The trick there is iwasan mong magrevolution ng mataas ang car mo. Limit it to 2revs. Like yung sa Petron. do you know how they did it?

Aside from the no aircon and radio, its a matic car. Ang matic ilagay mo lang sa drive. aandar yun kahit di mo tapakan ang gas.

Has anyone wondered or asked how many days? Weeks? ginawa yun petron challenge bago sya na achieve?

Mukhang wala.

ok un ah, oo nga no, ilang araw nga kaya ginawa un?

manual...bitin sa acceleration ang auto lalo na pag kailangan mo ng sudden spurt of speed....or 'di ko lang siguro alam kung paano gawin...tips anyone?

Kusang bumababa sa lower gear ang automatic when you step hard on the gas for greater acceleration lalo na for overtaking. Kaya you can feel the sudden lull, then afterwards bubulusok na yun. Maganda ang manual kung hindi traffic, pero city driving I prefer d automatic. Di mo pagpapalit ang convenience.

If you are in the United States, driving a rear drive V8 32 valve 4.5 litre displacement 2-door sharp hunk of steel, in beautiful midnight blue, you would have all the speed and kick you would ever need, regardless of tranny type. Kahit four-speed auto lang yan, potsa, usok goma.

But drive that very same car in 6-speed manual format, double declutching the tranny and keeping the revs above 4,000 rpm through the gears - and then you'd almost wet your pants!

I shift when I want to shift - the car is there to follow me blindly.

Sarap.

Mukhang wala.

Ang alam ko ang rule sa petron kelangan naka-aircon ka. Sa highway possible mas matipid and matic but in city driving, dont think so. Mas mabigat para sa makina ang matic esp for small displacement engines. Mas stressed and makina kaya mas mataas ang konsumo. ang example yung sa crosswind. mas hataw yung manual kahit walang turbo tapos mas matipid pa

i beg to disagree on this. i've been driving automatics for the past eight of the last ten years i've been driving and i have noticed that automatic downshifting with my lancer mx invecs II, 350z and my current jazz 1.5v cvt is more responsive than my six speed manual s2000 or z3 m. i still feel that i have an engine and where in the hell would you experience driving at 100 kph curves here in manila? do we have that long of curves here? you are waiting for an accident to happen with your driving style.

i do consider myself a real driver. i am not deprived or anything since i get to experience things i want with my cars, which is to drive fast. i have a professional driver's license and a fia div 2 racing license when i used to compete through the aap-sponsored events. what's your qualifications? do you ever competed in anything other than those drag races?

for me, it's just that i like driving in automatics. nothing is more convenient than a automatic tranny.

fyi: i traveled europe once through eurail and i enjoyed it and i still consider myself a driver. it's just that i didn't drove the train where we went.

btw, automatic drivers aren't tamad or lazy since they are still driving somewhere. if i'm lazy enough to drive, i'd bring a driver.

I agree, automatic drivers aren't tamad.