Why Are Fat People Sensitive?

• 5 weeks later...

I have funny and easy-going fat friends too but mind you there is nothing about being fat that they like.

I am proud of them that they are doing a lot to manage their weight to get a normal life. Normal = climb stairs, peaks, ride a bicycle, dance

If we agree that nothing about being fat is good (except for specific reasons like making a living as wrestling character or a science experiment, etcetera) then it raises a red flag up on top of a fat body. The fat person can do something about it or ignore to live dangerous consequences.

Personally I find chubby people easier to get along with. The one's I know are quite jolly and have an even disposition. So I don't know why this thread assumes fat people are sensitive. Maybe some of them are. But the ones I know aren't sensitive at all. If ever, they seem more self-assured more confident of themselves.

Only if you are a Sumo Wrestler Superstar

At one end, Japanese hunt down Whales ... pun intended

Hindi dapat sila matakot, sa Japan mataas ang tingin sa kanila.

Edited by lomex32

Ang umaayaw ay hindi nagwawagi .... We all hear many success stories of people loosing weight and then looking their best. There are so many times they almost given up .... Kaya ung iba self-conscious because they know they could done more pero nadaig sila ng kung ano man lame excuse.

Its like the feeling that if you did not finish school, you will find yourself in an awkward position when you meet your classmates who become successful knowing that you could have done better than them only if you simply continued and finished your degree.

Also, their being fat is mostly not their fault. Actually some of them are doing their best to slim down. But to no avail. Naging self-conscious tuloy

• 1 year later...

i think its the same reason why some short people develop a Napoleon Complex.

when you grow up being made fun of for a physical disability, that you either can't do anything about (short people), or seems impossible to change (family or workplace with terrible food habits), you tend to get defensive and hostile when that disability is focused on.

in the case of fat people, they either develop a form of Stockholm Syndrome (identifying with their antagonists' beliefs), or they refuse to change their state (even if it threatens their health). the ones who refuse to change are the ones who are usually sensitive, and believe in that misguided "i am fat and i am beautiful" slogan (like that song "im all about the bass, all the bass, no treble"). the ones with stockholm syndrome are kinda funny cause they usually are in denial over their obesity. they think there are many levels of fat, and they are better than fat people because they are just "chubby" or "big boned."

either way, it is impossible to grow up without having esteem issues when you are a fat person.

Edited by Intuition
  • 2 months later...

I guess it is because of the culture. I am fat (I am 5'7" and I weight 200 Lbs) and I am working I am ass of to trim down a little, when I go to the gym most people would give me weird look. Feels like I am not welcomed, I just think of it that most guys there are also looking for guys with abs which I do not have. Nevertheless, it is the social stigma wherein most people think that big guys do not care about their body and hygiene because of their figure. Which is so totally not true.

• 2 weeks later...

bec some fat people can be overly insensitive about others as well kaya pag pinuna ang pagiging mataba nila hindi nila mismo ma-take. Sa totoo lang, hindi naman problema ang pagiging mataba eh, nasa pagdadala lang yan at kung pano ilugar ang sarili.

Yung iba kasi saksakan na nga ng taba eh nuknukan pa ng pagiging slob at balahura, Ni hindi marunong mag ayos sa sarili at maging conscious sa mga tao sa paligid nya kaya napag bubuntungan ngayon ang pagiging mataba nya.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a good point. We were about to board a packed elevator, may kasabay kami na fat man
He excused himself and sheepishly ask that he will just board the next elevator.

He was sensitive in a manner that he knows he will pack the elevator and may sound the overload buzzer

Yung iba kasi saksakan na nga ng taba eh nuknukan pa ng pagiging slob at balahura, Ni hindi marunong mag ayos sa sarili at maging conscious sa mga tao sa paligid nya kaya napag bubuntungan ngayon ang pagiging mataba nya.

Edited by lomex32
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ive met a fat guy one time sa fx. He occupied 2 seats sa gitna at katabi nya ako nun. I admit nairita ako nuon katabi sya as he reeks off sweat buti na lang pauwi ako nuon. The driver wants to squeez out passengers but this man as ive said occupied 2 seats. Nagalit sya dun sa fat guy eh kesyo ayaw pumasok ng mga passenger kapag nakikita sya (siguro dahil sa impression na puno na). Ako naman gusto ko na talagang umuwi, volunteered na bayaran yung extra space na sinakop nya ng matapos na. But this driver hindi pa sya tapos and came to the point na pinagmumura nya yung fat guy. The dude didnt even bulge nakatungo lang sya all the time. Nabwisit na din ako demanding to move on since i covered the space. Ang ending pinababa kaming dalawa. We became good friends since then. Natulungan nya din ako nung walang wala ako. Surely fat people are sensitive but they also have a big heart.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...