Build A Model Body!

As long as I have free time. I try to run or perfect my swimming form. So far my running skills have faired well. I am planning to sign up for another Triathlon Association of the Philippines (TRAP) event on April 15, 2007 at Lakeshore, Pampanga. This will be my second time. My first time was way back in Nov. 2005. I never got to be on top of the skill of the pros but I manage to finish it anyway. This has become a challenge for me.

Perhaps you just haven't done the right formula since once you find it, you'll be able to improve your game big time....

I assume you work out in FF or slimmers?

With all that machine work, I already get dizzy...

Nope. I currently work out in a gym in Retiro (Quezon City) called Revflex. Been working out here for the last 4 years due to the proximity to my house. Olympus, I know you're not a fan of machines. :goatee:

With regards to fitness magazines, I don't think it would be safe to conclude that all the info they release are inaccurate. Maybe some are misleading and some do make sense. Although in my opinion, I never really trusted the contents of Joe Weider's publications like Muscle & Fitness and Flex Magazine. Si Joe Weider kasi naman ang nagpasimuno na gawing negosyo ang bodybuilding eh. More over, I don't think the programs posted in the said magazines are suited for the avg. trainer. Nevertheless, I wouldn't deny that I do have a favorite bodybuilding magazine and that's Muscular Development. This magazine offers articles by actual competetive bodybuilders unlike Flex wherein "ghost writers" halos lahat ng articles. It's funny to hear opinions and approaches of pros because they really disclose the issues of drugs (roids) and underground musclebuilding approaches. Natatawa ako because whenever Olympus posts his replies, he reminds me of the pros in this mags. Very blunt but straight forward magsalita.

After these endless arguments on burning fat and etc., I can only say: As long as what you're doing works for you, go ahead and continue.

My friend, last year, a lot of people said the same thing and some apparent poster, who we see here now, kept on insisting that our methods don't work despite countless times we have proven it to be effecient with our countless members who have seen the results....

Whats happening more her is an imposing of will rather than a contribution to the advancement of knowledge in thi board.

Nope. I currently work out in a gym in Retiro (Quezon City) called Revflex. Been working out here for the last 4 years due to the proximity to my house. Olympus, I know you're not a fan of machines. goatee.gif

One of our apprentice coaches works part-time there

With regards to fitness magazines, I don't think it would be safe to conclude that all the info they release are inaccurate. Maybe some are misleading and some do make sense. Although in my opinion, I never really trusted the contents of Joe Weider's publications like Muscle & Fitness and Flex Magazine. Si Joe Weider kasi naman ang nagpasimuno na gawing negosyo ang bodybuilding eh. More over, I don't think the programs posted in the said magazines are suited for the avg. trainer. Nevertheless, I wouldn't deny that I do have a favorite bodybuilding magazine and that's Muscular Development. This magazine offers articles by actual competetive bodybuilders unlike Flex wherein "ghost writers" halos lahat ng articles. It's funny to hear opinions and approaches of pros because they really disclose the issues of drugs (roids) and underground musclebuilding approaches. Natatawa ako because whenever Olympus posts his replies, he reminds me of the pros in this mags. Very blunt but straight forward magsalita.

All mags are definitely full of BS nowadays MILO and hardgainer are better choices. But, the best thing to is still to read up and eeducate yourself and find people who are knowledgeable and learn from them.

One of our apprentice coaches works part-time there

All mags are definitely full of BS nowadays MILO and hardgainer are better choices. But, the best thing to is still to read up and eeducate yourself and find people who are knowledgeable and learn from them.

Are you referring to Dennis? By the way he trains some clients mukhang taga Eclipse nga yung approach nya. I suggest you try to take a glimpse of Muscular Development. You think this mag is full of BS? They even talk about steroid usage and even reviews supplements out there in the market. They debate on studies conducted for weight trainning and nutrition support. They even disclose the secrets of diuretic usages for contest prep. Super transparent. Some articles would even bash trainers/nutritionist and critique approaches on bodybuilding (parang yung nangyayari dito sa thread) It's a very good magazine for me. Very amusing and informative.

My friend, last year, a lot of people said the same thing and some apparent poster, who we see here now, kept on insisting that our methods don't work despite countless times we have proven it to be effecient with our countless members who have seen the results....

Whats happening more her is an imposing of will rather than a contribution to the advancement of knowledge in thi board.

Olympus, with all the things you've been insisting that works, don't you think you are also imposing your will? I'm sure you've seen your program work for people. But what about people who've seen results in programs we can never accept? Don't you think that they too are entitled for their contributions? I admire your strong character and consistency but you have to adopt a mature and open mind here.

Olympus, with all the things you've been insisting that works, don't you think you are also imposing your will? I'm sure you've seen your program work for people. But what about people who've seen results in programs we can never accept? Don't you think that they too are entitled for their contributions? I admire your strong character and consistency but you have to adopt a mature and open mind here.

Yeah, anything he doesn't agree with is bs. That guy should lighten up.

Key words: Mature, open mind. Well said Jacques.

I have a big tummy. How do I flatten it? Tried the exercise ball but I still have a beer belly, May muscles lang nga ngayon.

Scorpioking, have you tried back reading? You may want to share with us your current lifestyle, typical diet, physical activities, vices and etc.

I have a big tummy. How do I flatten it? Tried the exercise ball but I still have a beer belly, May muscles lang nga ngayon.

Clean up your diet bro. I used to look pregnant years ago, poor diet, regular coke, KFC etc.

Now, my diet mostly consists of grilled chicken breast, steamed broccoli, brown rice.

I lost more than 30pounds in 3 years.

you can buy the ABS POWER DIET by David Zincencko, it has lots of low fat recipes. It worked for me.

And to Olympus,: before you say this book is BS, it worked for me, OK?

Edited by Dan.
There is one excercise that strengthens the rotator cuff muscles. I don't know if there's a specific name for this excercise and it's kinda hard to describe it. You can search it on the internet though. "excercise to strengthen rotator cuff muscles" and many links will appear. People with this problem are adviced to abstain from pressing movements such as inclined/flat bench pressing and shoulder presses. Also avoid doing behind the neck military presses and pulldowns as it is proven that these excercise promote rotator cuff tear. I think dips and decline presses would be better pressing alternatives since it place less stress on your rotator cuffs. You might want to explore machine work while rehabilitating. Pull-ups and dips hit your delts inderectly but not as efficient as presses and lateral raises. This may be hard but my advice is that you take a week or 2 off from weight trainning. If you can not follow this, try avoiding upper body excercises first and give it time to recover. Rehabilitate by doing the rotator cuff excercise 2/3 times a week 3 sets per session but avoid pressing excercises still. When you feel that you're ready for pressing sometime soon, you might also want to explore executing presses on its mid range only. Take it slowly and don't hurry to pile on the poundage.

well written, thanks! :cool:

Are you referring to Dennis? By the way he trains some clients mukhang taga Eclipse nga yung approach nya. I suggest you try to take a glimpse of Muscular Development. You think this mag is full of BS? They even talk about steroid usage and even reviews supplements out there in the market. They debate on studies conducted for weight trainning and nutrition support. They even disclose the secrets of diuretic usages for contest prep. Super transparent. Some articles would even bash trainers/nutritionist and critique approaches on bodybuilding (parang yung nangyayari dito sa thread) It's a very good magazine for me. Very amusing and informative.

MD used to be much better a few years back... If only they took out al those supplement ads and return it to its olkd format, it would be much better

Actually, i only disagree with something if it has already been proven to be ineffectiove... Most ofthen than not, there are a lot of programs out there that run parallel to what we teach and deliver equal results....

Case in point, I also believe in barbell complexes, seom programs by Chad Watrerbury

What I don't believe in is the routines found in magazines which are used by these drug induced bodybuilders who also have very good genetics to begin with

Actually, i only disagree with something if it has already been proven to be ineffectiove... Most ofthen than not, there are a lot of programs out there that run parallel to what we teach and deliver equal results....

Case in point, I also believe in barbell complexes, seom programs by Chad Watrerbury

What I don't believe in is the routines found in magazines which are used by these drug induced bodybuilders who also have very good genetics to begin with

I agree. If I could specify, FLEX and Muscle and Fitness' training articles are designed for "juiced" up athletes. Overtraining will be the result of adopting such programs for the "recreational" lifter. I do however, dig the programs by Steve Holman and Jonathan Lawson in Ironman. It's more realistic but equally challenging as well.

I agree. If I could specify, FLEX and Muscle and Fitness' training articles are designed for "juiced" up athletes. Overtraining will be the result of adopting such programs for the "recreational" lifter. I do however, dig the programs by Steve Holman and Jonathan Lawson in Ironman. It's more realistic but equally challenging as well.

I think you mean muscle and fiction???? :D :D :D :D

There were some articles in Irnman back then by Stuart Mcrobert that were pretty decent...

My issue with all these mags is you have to be relly sharp to scan through all the BS and find pieces of vital info, which an ordinary guy would not be able to do

I think you mean muscle and fiction???? :D :D :D :D

There were some articles in Irnman back then by Stuart Mcrobert that were pretty decent...

My issue with all these mags is you have to be relly sharp to scan through all the BS and find pieces of vital info, which an ordinary guy would not be able to do

Now you're talking gracefully Olympus. The magic word: "really sharp to scan through all the BS and find the vital info..." My interpretation? It takes ample education/knowledge about the game that comes with experience to guage what's logically correct and what's debatable.

i have been training to have lean mean body for the past year. Tried running and I lasted 5 rounds which is really a puny for me because I used to run 1K before when I was an amateur triathlete.

1K??? or you mean 10K? there is no 1k run in any triathlon.. even sprint tri is a 5k run..

Now you're talking gracefully Olympus. The magic word: "really sharp to scan through all the BS and find the vital info..." My interpretation? It takes ample education/knowledge about the game that comes with experience to guage what's logically correct and what's debatable.

Sadly, 98% of the population is not capable of doing so, and though some already know better, they still can't break bad habits