Build A Model Body!

first off, was your form correct and were you pressing to the front? many times, people get injurd because of improper form and excess weight

i think my form was proper and the movement is going forward, the problem is when the barbell are midway my shoulder hurts...with the dumbell, same movement but the difference is my palms are facing each other and doesnt hurt at all... :grr:

You should balance out your macros and not make something lower than necessary. Lowering calories is far more important than dropping carbs or whatever

thanks man...

one more thing, is it ok to do abs workout everyday? heard from someone na it's better if i'll do it every other day so tha muscle would have time to develop.. i do mah chest and arms every other day and thinkin' if what im doin' with mah abs is ok.. what cha' think?

:mtc:

Most men would deny that they have man-boobs but the fact is, its one of the things that trouble us men everyday. It lowers our confidence, make us self-concious and unatractive. To those fitness buffs out there, we need your help mates!

Kindly share excercises or work-out routines so we can eliminate this problem :cool:

We can do this! :mtc:

i think my form was proper and the movement is going forward, the problem is when the barbell are midway my shoulder hurts...with the dumbell, same movement but the difference is my palms are facing each other and doesnt hurt at all... grrr.gif

Must be an impinged rotator cuff... Stop benching as well and do dips instead

one more thing, is it ok to do abs workout everyday? heard from someone na it's better if i'll do it every other day so tha muscle would have time to develop.. i do mah chest and arms every other day and thinkin' if what im doin' with mah abs is ok.. what cha' think?

Your abs are always indirectly worked when you do any compound free weight movement...

And you should also spend your time developing your back and legs... All chest and arms will lmit your true potential and you'll look stupid and set yourself up for injury in the long run

Most men would deny that they have man-boobs but the fact is, its one of the things that trouble us men everyday. It lowers our confidence, make us self-concious and unatractive. To those fitness buffs out there, we need your help mates!

Kindly share excercises or work-out routines so we can eliminate this problem specool.gif

It just means that you have to get leaner and lose the fat most often than not. Just scroll back as we've been discussing fatloss a lot here

Kindly share excercises or work-out routines so we can eliminate this problem :cool:

We can do this! :mtc:

are you man boobs due to fat or from prohormone methyl use?

your knees maybe, but your back shouldn't be...you must be leaning forward too much. Is it your lower back that's hurting?

I assume you are doin high bar squats

Do low bar squats adn teh secret is bending at the waist, not at the knees

yes, its my lowerback thats hurting

thanks for the information guys

hola masters,

tried HIIT last saturday on the treadmill (5mins warmup, 30secs fullblast, 30secs recovery for 15 mins at just a steady 2%incline)...i was still able to do a full upper body routine after that.... but man, i was really sore the following day (missed two workout days because of it).

tried it again just now on the reclined bike (5mins warmup, 1min fullblast, 1min recovery for 15 mins; i increased resistance 3 points every cycle), it was more "manageable" in the sense that my legs do not ache as much. after that i rushed through another half-body workout (this time, just two sets each, because it was already closing time).

will probably try it again on the spinner tomorrow evening.

this is fantastic because i cut my cardio time in half but still end up sweating buckets and out of breath!

would just like to get your feedback regarding the following:

(1) which machine/routine is the most effective? or are they all the same? goal: want to trim down for the summer beach season.

(2) is the routine i am using ok or can i still improve it?

(3) i read somewhere that you should use HIIT (a) every other day and (B) only on days when you are not doing weights or anything else, but i find that i still have enough energy to do at least a half body workout. If I keep doing HIIT everytime i workout (i.e., make it my regular warmup/cardio routine), will it be detrimental in the long run?

thanks!

hola masters,

tried HIIT last saturday on the treadmill (5mins warmup, 30secs fullblast, 30secs recovery for 15 mins at just a steady 2%incline)...i was still able to do a full upper body routine after that.... but man, i was really sore the following day (missed two workout days because of it).

tried it again just now on the reclined bike (5mins warmup, 1min fullblast, 1min recovery for 15 mins; i increased resistance 3 points every cycle), it was more "manageable" in the sense that my legs do not ache as much. after that i rushed through another half-body workout (this time, just two sets each, because it was already closing time).

will probably try it again on the spinner tomorrow evening.

this is fantastic because i cut my cardio time in half but still end up sweating buckets and out of breath!

would just like to get your feedback regarding the following:

(1) which machine/routine is the most effective? or are they all the same? goal: want to trim down for the summer beach season.

(2) is the routine i am using ok or can i still improve it?

(3) i read somewhere that you should use HIIT (a) every other day and (B) only on days when you are not doing weights or anything else, but i find that i still have enough energy to do at least a half body workout. If I keep doing HIIT everytime i workout (i.e., make it my regular warmup/cardio routine), will it be detrimental in the long run?

thanks!

1. There's no better cardio machine.. what matters is you work hard

2. What is your goal to begin with? if you're reducing calories and strength training, you'll still lose fat without having to do a lot of HIIT

mga guys, posted before dito kasi nag-gym din ako, then stop ako ng 2 months kasi nga busy sa work and now nagstart uli ako ng gym, program ko kasi before sa instructor ko is chest, shoulder and back, combination ng dumb bell, bar bell and machines. ano ba magandang program, kasi may nagquote na pangit yung program ko eh, and kung may link ng mga workout(like pictures) mas maganda. but sa program ko is maganda naman yung nakita ko sa katawan ko, nagbroaden yung shoulder ko, nagkamuscle ako, lumapad yung katawan ko and yung tinatawag na palikpik ba yun(under ng kili2) sa madaling salita ok naman but siyempre newbie sa workout and di ko alam kung tama ba yung program ko. advice din sa diet, ano food na kakainin and iiwasan.

can u switch incline bench for military press or no? ty for the reply

Why would you want to do that?

mga guys, posted before dito kasi nag-gym din ako, then stop ako ng 2 months kasi nga busy sa work and now nagstart uli ako ng gym, program ko kasi before sa instructor ko is chest, shoulder and back, combination ng dumb bell, bar bell and machines. ano ba magandang program, kasi may nagquote na pangit yung program ko eh, and kung may link ng mga workout(like pictures) mas maganda. but sa program ko is maganda naman yung nakita ko sa katawan ko, nagbroaden yung shoulder ko, nagkamuscle ako, lumapad yung katawan ko and yung tinatawag na palikpik ba yun(under ng kili2) sa madaling salita ok naman but siyempre newbie sa workout and di ko alam kung tama ba yung program ko. advice din sa diet, ano food na kakainin and iiwasan.

It pays to scroll back and read you know

Try going back a few pages since we fully answered your question... If you are a beginner, anything will work for you but it would be best if you can achieve maximal results...

Here's a point to ponder, if your program really does wonders, then you wouldn't even begin to ask questions here now would you?

can u switch incline bench for military press or no? ty for the reply :mtc:

I assume you want to do this since your chest is lagging?

i don't know if this was asked before and i don't know if it is even right to ask about this but i wll go ahead anyway...

what is a good exercise / strength training program for someone who suffered from slip disc?

to those people who can't help with my predicament and will just throw crap at me...please don't bother wasting yours and my time...

thanks! :)

i don't know if this was asked before and i don't know if it is even right to ask about this but i wll go ahead anyway...

what is a good exercise / strength training program for someone who suffered from slip disc?

to those people who can't help with my predicament and will just throw crap at me...please don't bother wasting yours and my time...

thanks! :)

have you already gotten a green light to work out???

I'd probably make you do some reverse hypers and strengthen your core and posterior chain so that slowly but surely you'll be able to be fully functional :cool: :cool:

IF you have met Chris Messer in Eclipse, he had horrible back problems and always had to visit the chiropractor, after puting him on pin-pull deads for a few weeks, his back was perfectly healthy and he can now squat and deadlift like any normal person

HIIT is an acronym for High Intensity Interval Training. HIIT is an exercise strategy that is intended to improve performance with short training sessions, raise BMR for long periods of time to maximize fat loss.

A HIIT session involves a warmup period, several short, maximum-intensity efforts separated by moderate recovery intervals, and a cooldown period. The period of alternating effort and recovery intervals typically lasts a total of 15 minutes. You shouldn't do more than 20 min. max

Why should we NOT do more than 20 minutes? Does the 20 minutes include the warm up and warm down?

My typical cardio is stationary bike, 5 mins warm up then alternate the 1 min high speed x 10, 1 min moderate x 10 then another 5 minutes cool down. What am i doing wrong here? Thanks.

Edited by rockybrawler
Why should we NOT do more than 20 minutes? Does the 20 minutes include the warm up and warm down?

My typical cardio is stationary bike, 5 mins warm up then alternate the 1 min high speed x 10, 1 min moderate x 10 then another 5 minutes cool down. What am i doing wrong here? Thanks.

first off, if you're doing more then 20mins then you're not doing it hard enough. You shouldn't be able to do more than that. But the real reason is this type of exercise is very stressing to your CNS. It becomes counterproductive, also why you should do more than 3 HIIT session a week because of overtraining. Can someone say cortisol? :cool:

i cant do shoulder presses bec. of injury. what can i do to develop my delts besides lateral/front raises? i'm currently doing pull-ups with narrow grip and palms facing each other. would this be able to develop my delts? i know its for the lats. thanks

WHat exercises can you do?

i cant do shoulder presses bec. of injury. what can i do to develop my delts besides lateral/front raises? i'm currently doing pull-ups with narrow grip and palms facing each other. would this be able to develop my delts? i know its for the lats. thanks

Narrow grip pull ups incorporates the rear deltoid heads to support your bis and lats on this pull movement. Can you be specific what type of injury is this? Has it something do do with your rotator cuff? Do you dislocate your shoulders from time to time? Are you talking about both shoulders? Maybe you might want to consider rehabilitating your shoulder first. Some shoulder injuries entail excercises you must really avoid.

WHat exercises can you do?

i can do pull-ups and dips.

Narrow grip pull ups incorporates the rear deltoid heads to support your bis and lats on this pull movement. Can you be specific what type of injury is this? Has it something do do with your rotator cuff? Do you dislocate your shoulders from time to time? Are you talking about both shoulders? Maybe you might want to consider rehabilitating your shoulder first. Some shoulder injuries entail excercises you must really avoid.

it's tendinitis the same as rotator cuff problem! im currently doing strengthening exercises using rubber tubes w/ very minimal resistance. i've never dislocated my shoulder. actually its my right shoulder even if i use 2.5 lbs. doing shoulder press immediately i feel pain. fortunately i can do pull-ups and dips. i wonder if these two exercises can help me develop my delts. if not, what other exercises can i do?

i can do pull-ups and dips.

it's tendinitis the same as rotator cuff problem! im currently doing strengthening exercises using rubber tubes w/ very minimal resistance. i've never dislocated my shoulder. actually its my right shoulder even if i use 2.5 lbs. doing shoulder press immediately i feel pain. fortunately i can do pull-ups and dips. i wonder if these two exercises can help me develop my delts. if not, what other exercises can i do?

There is one excercise that strengthens the rotator cuff muscles. I don't know if there's a specific name for this excercise and it's kinda hard to describe it. You can search it on the internet though. "excercise to strengthen rotator cuff muscles" and many links will appear. People with this problem are adviced to abstain from pressing movements such as inclined/flat bench pressing and shoulder presses. Also avoid doing behind the neck military presses and pulldowns as it is proven that these excercise promote rotator cuff tear. I think dips and decline presses would be better pressing alternatives since it place less stress on your rotator cuffs. You might want to explore machine work while rehabilitating. Pull-ups and dips hit your delts inderectly but not as efficient as presses and lateral raises. This may be hard but my advice is that you take a week or 2 off from weight trainning. If you can not follow this, try avoiding upper body excercises first and give it time to recover. Rehabilitate by doing the rotator cuff excercise 2/3 times a week 3 sets per session but avoid pressing excercises still. When you feel that you're ready for pressing sometime soon, you might also want to explore executing presses on its mid range only. Take it slowly and don't hurry to pile on the poundage.