Build A Model Body!

hey guys!

finished my GVT last january. it was a great program. i like it more than 5x5.

from 140lbs, currently, im 135lbs 5'6". i could see some curves on my muscles. thumbs up to everyone here who shared their thougts and knowledge. now im on my rest period, ill start going to gym again mid-feb.

question though:

1. what program should i use? 5x5 or GVT? i am thinking to do another GVT for my next program. any advice.

2. about dieting. do i have to diet on a particular phase of my training days. what i did was i took less calories on my last GVT phase and fortunately, i lost some of fats.

Thanks for the help. Stay strong everyone.

hey guys!

from 140lbs, currently, im 135lbs 5'6". i could see some curves on my muscles. thumbs up to everyone here who shared their thougts and knowledge. now im on my rest period, ill start going to gym again mid-feb.

question though:

1. what program should i use? 5x5 or GVT? i am thinking to do another GVT for my next program. any advice.

2. about dieting. do i have to diet on a particular phase of my training days. what i did was i took less calories on my last GVT phase and fortunately, i lost some of fats.

Start up with another 5x5

Are you still planing to lean out? if so, just do what you did

hey guys!

question though:

hey devlin. :)

if you dont mind, can you please post the weights you used for the bench press and squats when you finished your GVT and when you start another phase of 5x5? because, as i've posted earlier, my 5 rep max decreased after my GVT (but im not blaming the GVT, ok? :) ) i just want to know if it has the same effect on you.

oh, and did you do the 10x10 or 6x10 on your GVT?

anyway, although my 5 rep max decreased, it starting to pick-up where i left off in my previous phase of 5x5... fast. last week i only squat 210 lbs max on my 5x5. but yesterday, i was suprised i can do 235 lbs again. maybe my body is just adjusting again because of the change in program. maybe the decrease was just a fluke :)

Edited by Pepeng Manas
hey devlin. :)

if you dont mind, can you please post the weights you used for the bench press and squats when you finished your GVT and when you start another phase of 5x5? because, as i've posted earlier, my 5 rep max decreased after my GVT (but im not blaming the GVT, ok? :) ) i just want to know if it has the same effect on you.

oh, and did you do the 10x10 or 6x10 on your GVT?

anyway, although my 5 rep max decreased, it starting to pick-up where i left off in my previous phase of 5x5... fast. last week i only squat 210 lbs max on my 5x5. but yesterday, i was suprised i can do 235 lbs again. maybe my body is just adjusting again because of the change in program. maybe the decrease was just a fluke :)

bro, i used chest dip instead of BP. Squats are 150 6x10 when i finished GVT. Hope you understand = ) dont really know how to use these gym terminologies. But regarding your concern, i did feel the same, my loads on GVT werent that heavy unlike on 5x5. It was ok because i was doing it 10 sets rather than five! Same effect... hard work.

Phase 1 was 10x10 then phase 2 6x10 then I stayed with the same weight for another couple of weeks but changed my reps and sets.

Stay Strong!

you guys should look into HST training if you're looking to put on some quality mass. Its a great program. Go to the forum to get help.

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_index.html

And if you're looking to add strength, check out rippetoe's starting strength. He's trained the best there is. This is a good program for those who are just starting to strength train.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw52.htm

and if you're a more experienced bodybuilder/strength trainer/powerlifter

just read as much as you can from this site. These guys are genius!

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/

Yes, I still want to get leaner, although i also thought to increase my bodyweight to 140lbs. I think 135lbs for my 5'6" height is a lil'bit skinny.

Thanks for the advice. Really really appreciate it!

Stay healthy!

jas a lil bit skinny?? underweight ka tol. dapat mga 145 ka cguro.. waaah.. ako naman 5'6 at 175lbs hehe.. sobrang bulky and im trying to trim it down to mga 155 lbs.. hope u guys cud help me out.. :headsetsmiley:

jas a lil bit skinny?? underweight ka tol. dapat mga 145 ka cguro.. waaah.. ako naman 5'6 at 175lbs hehe.. sobrang bulky and im trying to trim it down to mga 155 lbs.. hope u guys cud help me out.. :headsetsmiley:

brad, nung 145lbs ako, mukha ako punggok! hehehe. tsaka inisip ko nun bakit si pacquiao 135lbs lang.

anyway, sige tignan ko na lang kung pano magrereact body ko.

try mo 5x5, ask olympus for advice. their program worked for me. basta goodluck lang sa pagbubuhat!

you guys should look into HST training if you're looking to put on some quality mass. Its a great program. Go to the forum to get help.

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_index.html

And if you're looking to add strength, check out rippetoe's starting strength. He's trained the best there is. This is a good program for those who are just starting to strength train.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw52.htm

and if you're a more experienced bodybuilder/strength trainer/powerlifter

just read as much as you can from this site. These guys are genius!

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/

I did HST a few years back... but the downside is it only offers more muscle gain and not much strength

the Rippetoe program is good, but it is not as detailed as the 5x5. So one must purchase the book in order to fully understand it

There are many good routines out there that just run parallel of each other

Hi guys,

Beginner here actually i haven't even beugn yet but i was planning to follow the program of the very first post in this thread kaso medyo technical ung terms sa'kin can anyone elaborate for the lay-man like me?

And what how much wieght would you recommend for a beginner?

I'm a bit chubby and i wanna build my chest and hopefully my abs...

tnx :evil:

ahehehe maybe... and yeah genetics plays a big factor in body building but of course if your not serious enough to go for this lifestyle then you will just wasted time and of course money.just like i did during my first 3 mons i just keep on doing flat and decline bench press because im having difficulty lifting in incline. i ended up looking like a boy who have a womens breast since my upper chest is not that develop.i realize that trial and error is not a good thing and i should first get some information before hitting weights less mistakes less time you wasted.

OT

im wondering if there is a topic here that discuss about the do's and dont on working out or a topic on how to improved a lagging part of a body it would be very helpful specially to those who have this kinds of problems which i presumed is very common because i see a lot of lifters who have a big upperbody but have small thigh or calfs or in other words the jonny bravo body

Body building doesnt have to be complicated, it's as simple as having the right form in doing the excercises and having the right diet. Once you have these two foundations, I think you'll be fine.

I personally don't believe in ineffective/effective programs, coz every program works, it just varies in results.

And for newbies, having a keen for observation also helps. observing advance bodybuilders perform their sets would definitely help.

experts, help naman advice..nasa 193 lbs ako ngaun, 5'9 ht.. pero mdyo bulky pa ako..gsto k pa tlgng lumiit katawan ko.anu mga dapt kong workouts para lumiit? heavy wts ba and high reps? or low weght and high rep? anung combination dpt sa nagpapaliit ng katwan and at the same tym gsto k rin mag ka muscle.tnx

Hi guys,

Beginner here actually i haven't even beugn yet but i was planning to follow the program of the very first post in this thread kaso medyo technical ung terms sa'kin can anyone elaborate for the lay-man like me?

And what how much wieght would you recommend for a beginner?

I'm a bit chubby and i wanna build my chest and hopefully my abs...

tnx devil.gif

read the 5x5 link in eclipseguy's signature. You need to build yur hole body and not just certain parts. You'll end up having many imbalanecs and asking for injury. Most of all, look stupid. Having a proportionate body is the best thing to do

experts, help naman advice..nasa 193 lbs ako ngaun, 5'9 ht.. pero mdyo bulky pa ako..gsto k pa tlgng lumiit katawan ko.anu mga dapt kong workouts para lumiit? heavy wts ba and high reps? or low weght and high rep? anung combination dpt sa nagpapaliit ng katwan and at the same tym gsto k rin mag ka muscle.tnx

Get your diet in check to begin with. You may wanna read the same link I suggested.

Guy, it helps to backread a bit ok?

Guys most of us here is worried about losing weight.. but i on the other hand needs to gain some. ang lakas ko kumain but then d ako tumataba and im a noob when it comes to health. any suggestions?

Start hitting the gym, and kung gusto mo talagang mag bulk agad, I suggest na mag supplement ka, I would personally recommend Megamass 4000, very high in protein and carbs yan. very effective sakin yung supplement kasi before i started going to the gym more than 2 years ago, i only weighed 96lbs (5'4 lang height ko) sobrang payat talaga. it took me 2 weeks to consume the 5lbs of MM4000 and nag gain agad ako ng 12lbs. I stopped using the supplement nung umabot na ng 138lbs weight ko.

Ngayon hindi na ako nagsu-supplement (more than 6 months na) pero name-maintain ko yung weight ko between 130-135lbs.

BTW, price ng megamass sa malls is between P2,400-2,800. Pero kung gusto mo makatipid sa Cash N Carry, Makati ka bumili along Osmena highway. dun P1,100 lang MM4000.

BTW, MM4000, is not designed to make you fat. Its a supplement for bodybuilders. kaya kelangan nagy-gym ka rin dapat regularly. in my case i gained a total of 42lbs by taking that supplement and by hitting the gym. now im at 135lbs with just 11% bodyfat.

its designed to make you gain weight, it's up to you whether or not it will be fat or muscle...

my cousin gave me 11 lbs of supplement direct pure dextrose.

where can i use this?

and what exactly is this?

dextrose is great man, especially if you're bulking up!

Dextrose is glucose, it's chief source of energy in the body. Glucose is chemically considered a simple sugar. It is the main sugar that the body manufactures. The body makes glucose from all three elements of food, protein, fat and carbohydrates, but in largest part from carbohydrates. serves as the major source of energy for living cells. It is carried to each cell through the bloodstream. So the best time to use this would be immediately post workout with your whey protein shake to increase the uptake of nutrients that you take in with your post workout meal. It shoots up you're insulin for greater absorbtion and more growth, that's what you want. I'd start off pretty low and work your way up. Maybe add 40g of it w/your whey shake then see how you respond to it. This is the only time you should use this stuff, any other time and you'll gain fat.

regards

Edited by enkateam
Guys most of us here is worried about losing weight.. but i on the other hand needs to gain some. ang lakas ko kumain but then d ako tumataba and im a noob when it comes to health. any suggestions?

1. Strength train

2. Eat as often as you can and eat as much as you can... Believe me, i've heard this "i alrady am eating a lot" but find out the person who often says this skipping meals or eating one large meal in a day and eating like a bird the rest of the time