His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

I think Jordan's comments are just being blown up by the media. In the interview itself, Jordan was very hesitant in answering the question (at one point jokingly picking Durant instead). He did acknowledge that Lebron is the best now.

i agree, it was just the media trying to sensationalize MJ's comments...

when you carefully understand what MJ was actually implying...

MJ is just telling that, it was very hard to pick between the two, so he'll just based it on

championships won, so as not to create anymore argument... in fact MJ said that LBJ

could win more, but as of this moment 5 is greater than 1...

ayaw na lang gawing kumplikado pa ni MJ ang usapan..

wah natin pag-awayin yung dalawa...

I'm just stating that Jordan should have qualified what he said because his line of reasoning can easily be discredited. Before alluding to a post, learn to understand the post first. wink.gif

don't take things literally... MJ was being pushed to choose between KB and LBJ...

if you somehow know how to read minds... MJ doesn't want to choose between the two...

i think, MJ believes that both players are great players, so it was really hard to choose,

since he was being pushed to choose, he just used the number of rings so as not to complicate things...

look, he was being pushed to choose between two equally great players, so he just used the rings,

but i firmly believe if he'd be ask to choose between a Robert Horry (who won more titles) and / or

let's say a Lebron James... it would be much easier for him to decide, and definitely this time he would

not use the number of rings as basis...

If we base it on Jordan's reasoning which is championships won, then Horry is better than him.

sir, with all due respect... as i've said in my previous comments....

MJ is not telling us that the basis for choosing the greater player is the number of rings...

it was just that, he is being pushed to choose between two equally great players (superstars)... (a hard decision to make)

so instead of complicating things and trying to explain every detail of each player, MJ just

used the number of rings won by each player, and this is to just end the interview... and just to make

the choosing more practical...

but, a big BUT... if he'd be ask to choose between a great player (superstar) and a good player (role players)...

then i think it would be much more easier for MJ to choose, and definitely he would not use the number of rings as basis...

Tagalog Version... baka kasi malabo pa din yung explanation ko sir eh...

pinapipili si Jordan sa pagitan ng dalawang napaka-galing na player... kung titignan mo, sadyang halos magkasing galing yung dalawa, so magiging mahirap talaga na pumili kung sino ang mas magaling... kahit naman sino eh

mahihirapang mamil sa dalawa, so para hindi na mag-explain pa at mas gawin pang kumplikado, ang pinagbasehan

ni Jordan eh yung napanalunan na championship na lang... kumbaga, para wala na lang diskusyon... kasi mahirap

talagang pumili...

pero kung papipiliin mo si Jordan, sa pagitan ng isang superstar, at isang role player (gaya ni Horry), i'm sure sir

ikaw hindi ka na mahihirapan pumili sa dalawa... at hindi na din gagamitin ni Jordan yung championship rings...

kasi nga madali lang naman ang choices...

hindi naman sinabi ni Jordan, na kahit sino choices eh championship ring lang ang basehan nya...

minsan medyo maging open-minded din tayo...

Like I said and I'll say it again, if we are gonna use Jordan's reasoning which is basing the greatness of a player on the number of rings won, then Horry is greater than him.

I agree with His Airness, though, that Bryant is the greater player simply because he was "the man" on two championship teams and he never had to leave LA. Unlike James who had to go to Miami because he couldn't carry his hometown team to the championship. The fact that James went to another team to win a championship diminishes the luster of his greatness. James may win more championships than Bryant but, in my eyes, Bryant will always be better simply because he didn't leave his team to go to a team on his own volition to go to a team which has two other superstars just to win a championship.

Sir, i will say it again and again... don't take things literally, if it happened that Jordan used the number

of rings to choose between KB and LBJ, it doesn't mean that it would apply to all, specially if he'd be given

different choices...

then, regarding your statement that KB will always be better than LBJ, i highly respect that...

because that was your opinion... and i would not argue with you regarding who is better...

but I would just like to comment regarding your reason for choosing KB...

KB never left his team, yeah you're right, but that was because KB was already surrounded

by great players as well, so what's the point of leaving???

he had Shaq, Fisher, Horry, Rick FOx, etc. before... then with Malone, Shaq, Payton

after that time, he was surrounded by Fisher, Gasol, Artest, Bynum..... and now he was with

Howard, Nash, Gasol, MWP, so what's the point of leaving LA????? definitely no POINT....

there was this short period, when Kobe has no superstar around him... then what KB did that time???

he mock his team mates.... ho mocks Kwame Brown, and others... so is that what you call

tha greatest player???

then lets talk about James, he left his team, yeah right... but if people take that negatively... me??? i don't...

for me, it was one of the greatest sign of humility... admitting that you can't do it all alone... that you need

someone to back you up, someone Cavs can't provide...

[/size]

Really? If it wasn't the number of rings that was his basis? What was it? Are you a mind-reader to know what Jordan was thinking? wacko.gif

Sir, please read carefully my comments again....

i never said that it wasn't the number of rings as his basis, in fact i've said that he used the number of rings

as basis, but only between KB and LBJ, he never mentioned that it would be used for any other choices...

i'm not a mind reader, but i am not stupid or close-minded sir... i already made clear in my comments

regarding your questions... and i'm gonna return the question to you...

Are a mind-reader also??? to know that Jordan will used the same reasoning given different choice???

If I won't take things literally, then how would I take Jordan's statement that 5 is better than 1? Figuratively? laugh.gif

Funny how you could say that you would respect my opinion when in the next breath, you try to discredit my opinion by saying this:

The post-Shaq era saw the Lakers have struggles before winning it in 2009 and 2010. Mock? Haha! Did he really mock Kwame Brown? or was he just critical of Kwame Brown? Learn to distinguish between mock and being critical. laugh.gif

So you're questioning Bryant's greatness because he was critical of one player? Hahaha! I had a good laugh reading this.

So tell me, after Shaq left, did Kobe have a great player with him between 2005-2007?

Haha! Humility? Are you joking or are you making a joke? If it was a sign of humility, why then would he announce to the world that he was joining Bosh and Wade in Miami and proclaim, " not one, not two, not three...."

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pT-I8jQDQ7c

Here's a video of James' humility. laugh.gif

alberto_, is that you? laugh.gif

Mister, as i've read your comments??? know what??? I can see that you are very much a close minded person...

you always try to generalize things, which you should not.... i'm not anymore arguing with you... because

i can clearly see that you won't accept any explanation... i've tried to explain to you, but here you are still arguing

and depending your point (do i mean pointless??? hmmm)

this will be the last...

i said don't take all things literally, but now you are..... so i won't comment on this (only stupid people wouldn't understand my point regarding this matter)

next, KB didn't not mock Kwame Brown??? sir, try to research first... ok??? and also research about

the negative comments he has on his teammates... specially the post Shaq era...

lastly, i said, it's a sign of humility... he accept that he can't do everything... i never said that LBJ was ALWAYS humble

you know what, there were so many situational things, where at some point you are humble, and and the time you are not...

people commit mistakes... i never saig LBJ will always be humble... i just said it was a sign of humility...

Whatever alternick. You can't even answer how I'm supposed to take what Jordan said. It's apparent you don't know what you're talking about. You and your convoluted nonsense.Only stupid people like Alberto would give credence to your asinine posts.

laugh.gif

Aren't you Alberto?laugh.gif

i have just answered your question sir, you can take the remark, 5 is greater than 1 literally, but don't take

the whole statement literally.... as qutoed from my previous post... "don't take ALL things literally"

so it means you take some, and not ALL... it depends on situations...

anyway sir, you could say anything you want, like "my comments are non sense" and i do respect that,

because that was your opinion... anyway, i'm not here to argue with you, i'm just trying to explain things,

so as not to make MJ remarks so sensational... i'm also not here to argue who was the best player between

KB and LBJ, cause as we all know, everyone will always be entitled to his opinion...

i like things you don't like, and i don't like things you like, and vice versa... let us just respect each other...

anyway, this thread was meant for discussions, but never to start a fight...

apologies if i may have offended you sir... peace!:rolleyes:

More than MJ's abilities and greatness, I think what MJ has also contributed into the hearts and minds of the people is the "wanna be MJ" notion. I remember way back in highschool and college, everytime we play street basketball and do a jump shot or drive to the hoop, we always say "JORDAN!" or "O eto Jordan oh..." then do our thing on-court. I think more than his greatness, that impact also instilled in us.

More than MJ's abilities and greatness, I think what MJ has also contributed into the hearts and minds of the people is the "wanna be MJ" notion. I remember way back in highschool and college, everytime we play street basketball and do a jump shot or drive to the hoop, we always say "JORDAN!" or "O eto Jordan oh..." then do our thing on-court. I think more than his greatness, that impact also instilled in us.

agree!!:rolleyes: nakakarelate ako dito sir...

yung tipong pag ginagawa mo si Jordan, ilalabas mo din yung dila mo pag lay-up.... hehe :rolleyes:

Kenny Smith for me got it right..... he said that MJ never had a team mate that deserved to be double teamed...

Kobe had Shaq on his 3peat then Gasol and Bynum on the 4th and 5th. LBJ has Wade and Bosh. Bird had Mchaile and Parish. Magic had Jabbar and Worthy. defense was not the focal point during the days of Russel and Wilt.

Just look at the pattern. all the greats players had great team mates. Who did MJ have during hist 1st 3peat? Pippen and a bunch of average NBA players. Pippen didn't deserve to be double teamed so defense would double and triple team MJ even 5vs1 against the Detroit Bad Boys.

• 3 weeks later...

For me perfect timing si MJ because before him there was Bird vs Magic and now there is Lbj vs Kobe vs Durant.

During Mj's reign he was the top player no one came close.

Also NBA / NIKE and other sponsors marketing helped alot. Puting on a "BE LIKE MIKE" campaign even though MJ had a gambling problem.

For me perfect timing si MJ because before him there was Bird vs Magic and now there is Lbj vs Kobe vs Durant.

During Mj's reign he was the top player no one came close.

Also NBA / NIKE and other sponsors marketing helped alot. Puting on a "BE LIKE MIKE" campaign even though MJ had a gambling problem.

actually sir there was Karl Malone during MJ time...

remember they met in the NBA finals for 3 times i think (or two???)

actually sir there was Karl Malone during MJ time...

remember they met in the NBA finals for 3 times i think (or two???)

IMHO... Malone had Stockton. wala yung tipong the whole team depended on one single person to carry them. Stockton and Malone would forever be known as "Stockton and Malone" they even won the allstar MVP as "Stockton and Malone" unlike MJ he was the Alpha Male on the Bulls.

During the reign of MJ he was the top dog. all wanted "to be like Mike" unlike now its a fight between Kobe LBJ and Durant.

Guest Satanick Fury

I agree with you, bro. While Kobe is being described as the one closest in style to the great Michael Jordan, Lebron is a different mould. His plays are not patterned after Jordan and he can even play all 5 positions.