His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

I don't call opinions of sports journalists who have covered athletes for years useless. I take what they say to heart because they have been doing it for a long time and have been reporting and interacting with players and executives around the league. These guys know what their talking about. Amin El-Hassan was a front office executive for the Suns before. Well known journalists such as J.A. Adande who knows basketball in an out. Marc Stein and Kevin Pelton long time ESPN reporters who have inside track and breaks reports everyday. Not to mention Chris Broussard another guy like Adande who has been reporting since then. I'll take these guys' credentials over "some other guy's" opinion.

I will take cold, hard facts over other sports writers' opinions. Jordan is overrated as the greatest of all time. No one could be more happier than Jordan when Bird retired because Bird owned Jordan, a fact that Jordan homers refuse to accept.

Are you calling these sports journalists, Jordan homers? How do you know they're Jordan Homers because they placed MJ in front of everybody else including your Larry Bird? Mind you, these journalists covered athletes for years in their respected cities including Boston. One of these people you call a homer, happens to be Jackie Macmullan. Do you even know who Jackie Macmullan is? Well let me tell because i don't think you even know her. She is a columnist and editor for the Boston Globe and covered Larry Bird's career in Boston among other athletes and is a fixture in the Boston Sports Media. She also collaborated with Larry Bird on his autobiography Bird Watching: on Playing and Coaching the Game I Love and also Before the Game was Ours writing the story of Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. She is part of the group who selected the top 100 players for ESPN. If there is anyone more bias as a journalist for Bird its her because she covers Boston Sports.

I'm sure they took all the arguments and facts about all the players they selected which included your arguments into account I'm sure. and they came up with this deliberation.

Besides the fact that these journalists were up close and personal with the athletes when they interviewed them before, during and after a game and saw how they played live. So there's really no one more knowledgeable than these columnists.

You can disagree all you want and make your arguments, but I will take the opinions of these respected individuals than some opinion of some pepple. who probably never saw these players play in the flesh, and probably only saw them on TV.

That's what i think and i'm sticking to it.

Your open to your own opinion. You have your opinion and some have theirs. You have your own "facts" and "truths" and they have theirs.

The only difference between them and people like you is they have years of experience covering athletes. their games and getting to interact with them and getting to the nitty gritty of their personal lives as during their playing careers with their teams.

Such disrespect calling well reputable journalists with an insult like that. tsk tsk. tsk. Sad.

That's why there are fans and there are people who people who actually know the game.

23 stats for No. 23, Michael Jordan

post-481684-0-83495200-1455179474_thumb.jpg

So you thought you knew everything there is to know about the No. 1 player in the #NBArank, Michael Jordan.

Not so fast.

In honor of No. 23, here are 23 things you might not know about the greatest of all time.

1) Going strictly by seeding, Jordan was never upset in the playoffs. Against teams seeded the same or lower, Jordan's teams had a perfect 24-0 series record.

2) In the 11 seasons he played at least 20 games with the Chicago Bulls, Jordan finished in the top 5 of MVP voting 10 times. The exception? His rookie season when he finished sixth.

3) On Dec. 29, 2001, Jordan scored 51 points, becoming the oldest player in NBA history to score 50 points (age 38). Two days later, he scored 45 points which remains the most any player has ever scored on New Year’s Eve, regardless of age.

4) Over an 11-game stretch in the spring of 1989, Jordan had 10 triple-doubles. Not once over the other 1,061 games of his career did he record back-to-back triple-doubles.

5) Jordan and Hakeem Olajuwon are the only players in NBA history to win MVP and Defensive Player of the Year in the same season.

6) Jordan was named first-team All-Defense nine times. That’s tied with Gary Payton, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett for the most first-team All-Defense selections in NBA history.

post-481684-0-55015400-1455179535_thumb.jpg

7) Jordan played in 35 NBA Finals games. He was his team’s outright leading scorer in 32 of them with Scottie Pippen (twice) and Toni Kukoc (once) the only others to lead the Bulls in scoring.

8) Jordan is the only player to win an NBA title, NCAA title and multiple Olympic gold medals.

9) In the 1993 NBA Finals, Jordan scored 38.4 percent of the Bulls' total points. That’s the largest percentage of team points any player has been responsible for in a single NBA Finals.

10) Jordan had four straight 40-point games during the 1993 NBA Finals. No other player in league history has scored 40 or more points in more than two consecutive Finals games.

11) Jordan is the only player to lead the NBA in both points per game and steals per game in the same season three separate times. Allen Iverson is the only other player to do it even once since steals became official in the 1973-74 season.

12) Jordan wore No. 12 for one game. On Feb. 14, 1990 Jordan scored 49 points wearing No. 12 on a loss to the Magic. The only player in NBA history to score more points in a single game while wearing No. 12 is Hall of Famer George Yardley.

post-481684-0-37363200-1455179608_thumb.jpg

13) Jordan’s salary in 1995-96 was $3.85 million which ranked 25th in the NBA that season. Players with higher salaries that season included Benoit Benjamin, Brian Shaw, Danny Ferry and Dale Davis.

14) For his career, Jordan was 9-of-18 shooting in the playoffs on potential game-tying or go-ahead shots in the final 24 seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime. He was a perfect 3-of-3 on such shots in games when his team faced elimination and 4-of-7 when his team had an opportunity to clinch.

15) By the end of his tenure with the Bulls, Jordan had developed into the game’s best mid-range scorer. His final two seasons in Chicago, Jordan made 997 mid-range shots, over 250 more than any other player.

16) In his final season with the Wizards, Jordan dunked 21 times. In his final season with the Lakers this season, Kobe Bryant has dunked four times.

17) There were five seasons in which Jordan led the NBA in both Player Efficiency Rating and usage percentage. All other players in NBA history have combined to do it four times, with no other player doing it more than once.

post-481684-0-00388100-1455179619_thumb.jpg

18) Jordan averaged 11.4 assists per game in the 1991 NBA Finals and led the Bulls outright in assists in all five games. The only player to win Finals MVP while averaging more assists per game in the Finals is Magic Johnson in 1987.

19) Jordan shot 49.7 percent from the floor for his career. He had 10 seasons in which he shot better than 47 percent from the floor, something Bryant has not done a single time. Bryant would need to make his next 2,496 shots in order to catch Jordan in career field-goal percentage.

20) Jordan's shot over Bryon Russell in Game 6 of the 1998 Finals was a 17-footer from the top of the key. During the regular season in 1997-98, Jordan shot 33 percent on shots from 16 to 18 feet at the top of the key which was below the league average of 37 percent. He missed 22 shots from that spot in the regular season which trailed only Horace Grant and Rik Smits.

21) On Nov. 6, 1990, Jordan had 33 points and 12 assists in a two-point loss to Larry Bird’s Celtics. It was the Bulls' third straight loss. It was also the last time that Jordan lost three straight games in a single season as a member of the Bulls. He played exactly 500 more regular-season games with Chicago.

22) Jordan’s title teams did not blow leads. In the six seasons they won the title, they were 42-0 in the playoffs and 210-5 in the regular season when leading by 10 or more entering the fourth quarter.

23) Including the regular season and playoffs, Jordan had five 60-point games. However, his teams were just 2-3 in those games. Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain are the only players with multiple 60-point games in losses. His final 60-point game came in January 1993 against the Magic, who beat the Bulls thanks to 29 points and 24 rebounds by rookie Shaquille O’Neal. Steve Kerr played 2 minutes off the bench for Orlando.

Ang layo na ng mga sagot mo tapos paulit ulit nalang yung balat sibuyas... This is a case of lame excuse "palusot" because I exposed you... :unsure:

And for your facts, "Nitpicking at it's finest."

Oh by the way, i never said MJ can beat Larry on the post... That's a great small forward, going against a smaller great shooting guard, kung naglalaro ka, alam mo sino mas may lamang sa post, baka lang...

And you are again nitpicking the earlier eras...

Parang di Kobe/LBJ/Wade/Curry/Shaq di naman ganun kagaling nung earlier years nila...

Yung numbers na pinakita ng ESPN and SI di mo matanggap pero itong sa link mo ay facts... hahahaha

It is now apparent that you don't understand your own post. What is your next lame excuse?

Nood ka BTV ngayun, andun sila Bird/Jordan/Magic...

O ETO ANG COLD HARD FACTS MO TO TRUMP A MILLION OPINIONS... hahahaha

Wag kana mahiya piliin mo na yung lamang si Larry Bird.

Michael Jordan:

Honors

Five-time MVP (1987-88, 1990-91, 1991-92, 1995-96, 1997-98), six-time Finals MVP, 14-time All-Star, 11-time All-NBA selection, nine-time All-D selection, 10-time NBA scoring champion, defensive player of the year (1987-88), rookie of the year (1984-85), Hall of Fame

Championships
Six (1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998)

Career stats
30.1 PPG, 6.2 RPG, 5.3 APG, .497 FG%

BIRD

Honors

Three-time MVP (1983-84, 1984-85, 1985-86), two-time Finals MVP, 12-time All-Star, 10-time All-NBA selection, three-time All-D selection, Rookie of the Year (1979-80), Hall of Fame

Championships
3 (1981, 1984, 1986)

Career stats
24.3 PPG, 10.0 RPG, 6.3 APG, .496 FG%

Paano hindi malayo puro Balat Sibuyas lang alam, naubusan ka ata ngayon? Mahirap ba pag di English? Try mo bawang minsan...

What did I Expose? Exposed you of your contradicting statement na hindi mo pinipilit opinion mo pero bonehead ang taong nagsabing hindi mas magaling si Larry Bird... Implicitly nga lang... hahaha

Yung sa post, pasensya na ah, kala ko ako kausap mo dun, tao lang nagkakamali, di tulad nyo... hahaha

What did you nitpick, ayan yung link at video mo... hahaha

They aren't just numbers[sorry ah mali pala ulit ako may ibang ibig sabihin pa pala], they are cold hard facts that can trump your million opinions...

O para di ka mahirapan kulayan ko ng RED yung lamang si Larry Bird kay MJ dyan sa nagawa... hahahaha

Para di ka mahirapan sa pagpili...

MVP: 5 and 3 = MJ

Finals MVP: 6 and 2 = MJ

All Star: 14 and 10 = MJ

All NBA: 11 and 10 = MJ

All Def: 9 and 3 = MJ

Scoring Title: 10 and 0 = MJ

DPOY: 1 and 0 = MJ

Rings: 6 and 3 = MJ

PPG: 30.1 and 24.3 = MJ

RPG : 6.2 and 10.0 = Bird

APG: 5.3 and 6.3 = Bird

FG%: 0.497 and 0.496 = MJ

WOW Lamang si Larry noh? hehehehe

Anyways, last post kona ito for today... Bukas na ulit ng 10PM meron daw.

Okay lang yan lamang naman sa RPG and APG si Larry Bird...

Pasensya na sa abala ah... Gusto ko lang subukan talaga sayo yung mga linyang sinasabi mo sa karamihan dito... hehehe

Go Larry the GOAT!

MICHAEL JORDAN

Honors

Five-time MVP (1987-88, 1990-91, 1991-92, 1995-96, 1997-98), six-time Finals MVP, 14-time All-Star, 11-time All-NBA selection, nine-time All-D selection, 10-time NBA scoring champion, defensive player of the year (1987-88), rookie of the year (1984-85), Hall of Fame

Championships

Career stats

LARRY BIRD

Honors

Three-time MVP (1983-84, 1984-85, 1985-86), two-time Finals MVP, 12-time All-Star, 10-time All-NBA selection, three-time All-D selection, Rookie of the Year (1979-80), Hall of Fame

Championships
3 (1981, 1984, 1986)

Career stats
24.3 PPG, 10.0 RPG, 6.3 APG, .496 FG%

*Feeling Announcer*

I believe Totoy left the building, and boy he left it with a strong statement.

This is a Playoff Atmosphere we have here.

Both Valid points from both players.

From the away team, statements are based on entire accomplishments on each respective illustrious careers.

On the home team, statements are based on only games the two great players met.

Sana may rematch...

Trashtalking begins as one competitor starts using unnecessary name calling...

Career Accolades:

MVP: 5 and 3 = MJ

Finals MVP: 6 and 2 = MJ

All Star: 14 and 10 = MJ

All NBA: 11 and 10 = MJ

All Def: 9 and 3 = MJ

Scoring Title: 10 and 0 = MJ

DPOY: 1 and 0 = MJ

Rings: 6 and 3 = MJ

PPG: 30.1 and 24.3 = MJ

RPG : 6.2 and 10.0 = Bird

APG: 5.3 and 6.3 = Bird

FG%: 0.497 and 0.496 = MJ

Overall Matchups:

Larry owns MJ, 23-11

one thing's for sure. In all my years, I've never seen nor read another player talk about another player and call him a GOD. go figure haha.

The Homer comment looks like a generalized statement. If he calls people and that included the sports journalists who have a lot of years and EXPERIENCE covering the NBA who have more access on the planet earth more than him who was just watching at home on TV Homers because they said MJ was the greatest or better basketball player. We can also extrapolate this statement and apply it to all people who say that Lebron is the best, Kobe is the best, Kareem is the best, Larry is the best as Homers as well.

That statement makes absolutely no sense because why would you call journalists who have seen and interacted with these players for years, YEARS. including one who covered his/their favorite player. Just because they didn't place his favorite player higher or even the highest on the list makes that person calling them a Homer. it sounds like someone who is bitter, angry and jealous and would go so far as to attack the journalist's credibility. It's like saying a Medical Doctor who has years of experience tells you that you are sick, and because you don't believe you are sick you attack him.

One other thing i read that the journalists took into account is the Longevity of the player. Its being able to play for a long time. Not just the stats, not just the championships, not just the indiviual accolades. From what i saw and read, they said being able to play to at a high level for a long time counts.

That's why they ranked Magic higher than Bird, they were both 2 sides of the coin, but Magic is ranked higher because of championships and he played a tad bit longer than Larry. Of course the counter that they would say is, Well Magic got Kareem and Worthy. Well some would say that Bird got Parish and Mchale. The argument is, Magic got it done with 5. Larry only got 3. No one should make excuses like "oh we got injured" and so and so, If Bird probably got 5 or more, i would bet that he would be ranked higher than Magic. But he didn't, he didn't get it done, in the end. Results do matter, no one should use injuries or other players as excuses because the result in the end is the deciding factor.

Sir, Larry Legend actually said that. I tried searching for it as well just now if that was true... hahaha Here's the link...

http://www.nba.com/history/jordan63_moments.html

Just a question though, how many years were MJ and Larry both in the NBA? [Larry Only Years?] - [MJ/Larry Years] - [MJ Only Years?]

Because i think the 2 guys are referring to different things...

The Basis of one is the entire career of the 2 great players, while the basis of the other is the middle part only where they faced off...

Just a question though, how many years were MJ and Larry both in the NBA? [Larry Only Years?] - [MJ/Larry Years] - [MJ Only Years?]

Because i think the 2 guys are referring to different things...

The Basis of one is the entire career of the 2 great players, while the basis of the other is the middle part only where they faced off...

MJ came in during the 1984-1985 season and he ended his career on 2003 if im not mistaken. im thinking off the top of my head.

Bird came in during the 1979-80 season and retired in 1992.

As far as ranking them, sports journalists, rank them by reflecting on what they have seen in the entirety of their careers. In order to make an overall decision

I'll post the SI and ESPN ranking for MJ.

Edited by hahnz

Sports Illustrated 50 Greatest Players in NBA History

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/02/09/michael-jordan-lebron-james-stephen-curry-nba-greatest

post-481684-0-81872500-1455213410_thumb.jpg

1. Michael Jordan

Still the greatest, and I’ve yet to hear anyone offer a reasonable explanation why he isn’t. Unstoppable on offense at the basket or on the perimeter, a nine-time all-defensive first-teamer, and—here’s the trump card—MVP in every one of the six Finals in which he played, all of which resulted in Chicago Bulls championships

ESPN All Time NBA Rank

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/nbarank1/all-nbarank-1

post-481684-0-02869300-1455213486_thumb.jpg

1: Michael Jordan

Position
Shooting guard

Teams
Chicago Bulls (1984-93, 1995-98), Washington Wizards (2001-03)

Honors

Championships

Career stats

Nickname
Air Jordan, His Airness

Did you know?
In the 11 seasons in which he played at least 20 games with the Bulls, Jordan finished in the top five of MVP voting 10 times. The exception? His rookie season, when he finished sixth. And in the playoffs, going strictly by seeding, MJ's teams were never upset. Against teams seeded the same or lower, Jordan's teams had a perfect 24-0 series record. -- ESPN Stats & Information

post-481684-0-96646700-1455213401_thumb.jpg

No one like Mike

"I think it's just God disguised as Michael Jordan." -- Larry Bird, 1986

Here's the thing: Bird's famous statement about Michael Jordan is not the one that defines him or his career. MJ's "love of the game" clause does.

Jordan had the provision written into his first contract, allowing him at any time, any place -- playground, rec center, backyard, arenas, stadiums -- to pick up a basketball and just ball. Those words speak more to his game than the 63 points he put on Bird and the Celtics in '86 that became his warning to the world of what we were all about to witness during the next 13 seasons.

And that love ran deep. Unconditional. Often parallel to his addiction to competition, his need to win and his almost inhuman (or inhumane) ability to use losing to make himself -- and others around him -- greater.

Be like Mike? He left room for others to come close. But could you be like him as often? As consistently?

All due respect to Wilt, Kobe, LeBron, Steph, Magic and all other players who fall below Jordan's No. 1 position on this list, but what set Jordan apart was his ability to follow up his own "God-like" performances with something greater the next game, the next series, the next season. And that more than anything -- more than his talent, more than his desire, more than his will, his insane 30.1 PPG scoring average and 27.9 PER, his overall winning percentage, his six rings and the fact he has become the true measure of greatness in sports -- is the Sum of Jordan.

That, and the fact that he balled so large that Bird's "God" comment actually became an afterthought.

-- Scoop Jackson, ESPN Senior Writer

Edited by hahnz

bro, its useless to be rational towards a person if they only see it their way. it becomes irrational to a point where that person attacks the credibility of the journalists who are experienced and have seen, i repeat, seen with their own eyes the players play the games live each day and have talked to these players personally and then formulate who they would rank as the best players in the world. These aren't your wanna be fanboys either, they are as fair and unbiased as you can make them. And for that person to go and say they are Homers because they didn't rank their own favorite player above everybody else is just nuts. Who's the more credible person to believe here? The sports journalist who has years and years of experience covering the team and the players, who writes stories daily about these athletes, or just some guy who watches on TV and never even played any type of organized basketball? you tell me.

This type of person reminds me of an old and grumpy neighbor i had, who hates everybody in the neighborhood because he has something going on or something that's why the other neighbors just go and leave him alone to rant and just ignore him.

That's what you should do bro. Ignore the grumpy, old neighbor.

I'm definitely sure that, when someone would post an article or something of a positive basketball nature of either MJ, Lebron, or any other basketball player that gives them high regard and praise. I expect this grumpy old neighbor to surface and put up a troll post. sarcastic in nature mixed with some emojis.

My advice, leave the old man alone, let him speak his thoughts but don't engage him in conversation anymore, you're only enabling him by biting on the bait.

MJ came in during the 1984-1985 season and he ended his career on 2003 if im not mistaken. im thinking off the top of my head.

Bird came in during the 1979-80 season and retired in 1992.

As far as ranking them, sports journalists, rank them by reflecting on what they have seen in the entirety of their careers. In order to make an overall decision

I'll post the SI and ESPN ranking for MJ.

Exactly my point as well... I thought It was who was the Best Player of All Time, not the Best Player when they played against each other :)

I must admit, Larry really did had MJ's number on the post, but that is a given especially on the rules during that time where you can post up and back down from to 3pt line going to the rim.

But i don't think that is the only basis. The Numbers posted by Mr.Totoy have no bias. They do not change regardless if you are a fan or not, basic numbers and accolades of an entire illustrious career of 2 great players.

Still do not agree though with LBJ on #3 for ESPN though, not yet...

bro, its useless to be rational towards a person if they only see it their way. it becomes irrational to a point where that person attacks the credibility of the journalists who are experienced and have seen, i repeat, seen with their own eyes the players play the games live each day and have talked to these players personally and then formulate who they would rank as the best players in the world. These aren't your wanna be fanboys either, they are as fair and unbiased as you can make them. And for that person to go and say they are Homers because they didn't rank their own favorite player above everybody else is just nuts. Who's the more credible person to believe here? The sports journalist who has years and years of experience covering the team and the players, who writes stories daily about these athletes, or just some guy who watches on TV and never even played any type of organized basketball? you tell me.

This type of person reminds me of an old and grumpy neighbor i had, who hates everybody in the neighborhood because he has something going on or something that's why the other neighbors just go and leave him alone to rant and just ignore him.

That's what you should do bro. Ignore the grumpy, old neighbor.

I'm definitely sure that, when someone would post an article or something of a positive basketball nature of either MJ, Lebron, or any other basketball player that gives them high regard and praise. I expect this grumpy old neighbor to surface and put up a troll post. sarcastic in nature mixed with some emojis.

My advice, leave the old man alone, let him speak his thoughts but don't engage him in conversation anymore, you're only enabling him by biting on the bait.

Matagal kona napapansin yan... May isang beses may nagpost na Sir dito na hindi naman konektado sa sinasabi nya, tapos bsta nalang nya sinabihan ng innapproriate daw yung sinabi. hahaha

Ang makulit pa dun, pinaliwanag nung nagpost ibig nya sabihin, sabay pilit ni lolo na hindi talaga yun ibig sabihin daw ni nagpost...

Akalain mo yun? Alam pa nya gusto sabihin sa nagpost. hahaha

Meron pa yung isa gumawa ng thread ng Bird/Magic sabay sinabihan yung threadstarter na buti di daw sinali si Jordan tutal idol naman daw yun...

Pansin ko din nawala yung ibang post nya nung time na yun yung mga puro "FATCHUBS" na sinasabi sakin?

Napikon ko ata umabot sa name calling na yung banat... Ang mature noh? hehehe To think na gamay nya 80's basketball malamang nasa 40's na si lolo tapos magtatawag ng ganun... hahaha

Meron pa yung isa gumawa ng thread ng Bird/Magic sabay sinabihan yung threadstarter na buti di daw sinali si Jordan tutal idol naman daw yun...

Pansin ko din nawala yung ibang post nya nung time na yun yung mga puro "FATCHUBS" na sinasabi sakin?

Napikon ko ata umabot sa name calling na yung banat... Ang mature noh? hehehe To think na gamay nya 80's basketball malamang nasa 40's na si lolo tapos magtatawag ng ganun... hahaha

you hit the mark, "right between the eyes" as kevin harlan would say. its a very clever tactic including another player in a conversation that doesn't include that player. go figure what the purpose is in doing that.

you're right about the whole 80's bit it was obvious he was in his 20's or early 30's since he talked and knew so much about the players of that era, if you add up those years, he's is probably nearing the golden age if not 50 already. I don't pretend to know much about the 80's or anything earlier than that because i didn't grow up in that era. i started watching basketball and playing organized basketball in the 90's, hitting up playground ballers and playing in some AAU tourneys. But i do my homework and look up stuff if i don't know anything about it. I don't pretend to know "everything" like some other people do.

You tell me is there anything wrong with calling a person an AARP guy? its just means American Association for Retired Persons. Its another term for Seniors. I don't see anything wrong with that. and he starts to suddenly laugh, and say it was an amateurish insult? Insult? i didn't insult him, i even said that he is an adorable person, who is full of spirit and vibrant when it comes to talking about his favorite player. He reminds me of grandfather and he starts off on this tirade & even started calling me gramps. I don't know about that because it would be mathematically impossible for me to be grandfather if im only in my mid 20's. wouldn't it? haha He even called me a clown or something like that. I guess calling someone an old dude adorable and full of spirit is bad. again, go figure haha

Anyway, that's not the point, the point is being the "more elderly" person, he should show some class, and maturity. But, to my surprise, it was quite the opposite, picking a fight with a younger person and calling him names doesn't earn him any points or respect. He should know better being the older person.

I got mad respect for elder people because its like talking to a family member like my dad or grandpappy. But if this were any other guy who's my age and talking all this smack to me, man, you would see some furniture moving. i would have "layeth the smacketth down" haha

I've come across these types of people before bro, i had a neighbor who was like this, he was an elder gentleman, big surprise that most people who act like this from my experience are older people. I don't know if its some mid life crisis or something that makes them act this way.

They look at certain things their own way, and will only listen to what they wanna hear and will only point those out repeatedly in order for you to agree with him. So you can't really do anything about that. All you can do is, let em do their thing and just leave em be. Be the better person, because it would define what type of person you are in these type of situations.

If you try to engage him, you're only encouraging his behavior. It's a never ending circle.

Just leave em alone bro, he ain't worth the time.

Anyway, going back to MJ, the ESPN stats are on point. They didn't really leave anything out

But these are the ones that stood out to me:

nine-time All-D selection, defensive player of the year (1987-88),

THe 9 times he was selected first team all NBA defense. and being named defensive player of the year. The scoring titles, MVP's and being named All NBA first team are more commonly mentioned but the defense doesn't get much shine. This guy played offense and defense. Here is another thing i noticed. During his career in the NBA with the Bulls from when he came into the league until later on at his peak. He did not miss any games from 84 to 1998 excluding the 85-86 season because of an ankle injury and the 94-95 coming off retirement the first time. You would see all the games played during those other seasons, 82,82,82. consecutive. And I've read during some of those seasons that he was suffering from some injury which is common because at some point during a season you will get injured. But he still managed to come out and play. The will and mental toughness to play through injury is incredible to me.

post-481684-0-55591300-1455481864_thumb.jpg

This ebook i bought from google play is pretty good. It detailed the whole scrimmage when all 11 Hall of Fame players played against each other, the game from Monte Carlo. A really good book. The author is Jack MacCallum, who also was one of the people who ranked the 50 greatest players for Sports Illustrated.

Edited by hahnz
  • 5 years later...
  • 6 months later...

mahirap masabi kung sino talaga ang pinakamagaling. lalo na kung mula sa iba ibang generation ang ikukumpara. siyempre kasi ang galing ng isang player ay depende din sa husay ng nagbabantay sa kanya. nageevolve din ang estilo ng paglalaro ng mga players simula pa noon. pero siguradong isa talaga si Jordan sa pinakamahuhusay pagdating sa basketball. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...