His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

http://20secondtimeout.blogspot.com/2010/06/placing-kobe-bryants-career-in.html -just read the article a while ago..

michael jordan is still the michael bleeping jordan, and kobe bryant is, and the only, kobe bryant.. my only point is, the two reigned in two different era.. so why compare if there's no common(same) ground..? yun lang naman.. :)

I think the common ground is here is the style of play of both players. At the same time the number of championships each player won here. That's why fans would compare Kobe to MJ. Even Kobe does not want to be compared to MJ. Jordan got the same comparison to Dr. J as young player but of course that quickly faded once the doctor retired.

Kobe could equal or surpass michael when it comes to winning championships before he retires. But Kobe couldn't match what Jordan has done to the sport of basketball. He revolutionized the game. An example would be the disappearance of the short shorts. Players started wearing baggy shorts imitating the trend that Jordan started. He wore those baggy shorts so he could wear his old practice shorts from North Carolina.

honestly hindi mapapantayan ni kobe si jordan in terms of performance, cguro by championship ring lang.

Once na may isang nba player na dinala ang team sa 3 straight championship then namahinga ng ilang taon at nde nakapasok ng championship ang team and then kapag bumalik sya saka ulit nagchampion ng 3 times baka sya na ang papalit kay michael jordan. wala pang nakakagawa nun. Thats michael jordan :lol:

WEll eto lang ang hindi nagawa ni Jordan. After Kobe and Shaq parted ways. The Lakers did not make it to the playoffs the following year. Kobe's team struggled for two seasons until becoming contenders again. That's something MJ has not accomplished. Isa pa hindi naman kelangan mag retire si Kobe para gayahin yung ginawa ni Jordan. Kaya umalis si Jordan sa sport dahil una namatay ang tatay niya. Dapat nga hindi na siya bumalik noong 2001 dahil hindi naman nakapasok sa playoffs yung team niya. Although he can still score pero sana namahinga na lang siya.

Pero unlike Dr. J, si Jordan siguro, mas matagal mabura sa isip ng mga tao. Kahit ilang Kobe o Lebron pa yung dumating, kay Jordan at kay Jordan sila ikukumpara.

HIndi mo masasabi yan. SA ngayon oo. Pero 10 years from now. Malalaman natin kung maalala pa nila si Jordan.

Nung bumalik si Jordan noong 1995. Nandoon pa si Pippen. Nawala nga si STacy King, Cartwright, Horace Grant, Paxson, Scott Williams at BJ Armstrong. Pero ang pumalit naman si Kukoc, Rodman, Kerr, Longley, Wennington, Randy Brown, Ron Harper. Si Jordan at Pippen pa yung one two punch ng bulls. Kay Kobe naman nawala si Shaq at the same time nawala rin ung mga kakampi niya noong threepeat team nila. Mas mahirap pa nga yung nangyari kay Kobe dahil nawala si Shaq. Considering sila ang one two punch ng Lakers. Ang tanong kung bumalik si Jordan noong 1995 at wala na si Pippen sa Bulls. Malamang hindi magchampion ang Bulls doon.

Let see in 2011 kung magagawa ni kobe ang nagawa ni Jordan, but still in terms of performance and leadership sa isang team nakikita ko na mas effective si jordan. just like the one who post michael jordan's accomplishment like 5mvp in his short career(considering that he always retire) and he is still humble to his performance.

Ang tanong kung bumalik si Jordan noong 1995 at wala na si Pippen sa Bulls. Malamang hindi magchampion ang Bulls doon.

Hindi mo rin masasabi yan dahil hindi naman nangyari yun. Much like your above statement that after 10 years (from now) hindi natin masasabi that people would still remember Jordan.

Bakit kaya si Babe Ruth up to now, naalala pa din ng mga tao. Dahil kaya sa tsokolate na hawig sa pangalan niya (Baby Ruth)? Jordan's logo that Nike has institutionalized has also surpassed time (IMO) much like Ruth's legacy in baseball. It continues to sell and is still a known brand. Let us see kung after 10 years may nakakilala pa din sa brand na yun. I think so. Nike's marketing strategies will see to that. It may all be just speculation, but Jordan's legacy might just surpass 10 or even 100 years of basketball. That is my opinion.

well dahil kay jordan nag umpisa lahat eh.... i like watching basketball in my childhood kso d ko trip manood ng nba sa pba me nag watch ksi yung time n yun puro boston vs lakers plus piston wala ng ibang team ako nakikita.... until bulls and jordan come along.....

beside dat bobcats seems silent in d nba.....

bt it seems why people compare jordan to any players at dis time???? dati naalala nto si harold miner???? who won d slam dunk they also compare him to his airness tpos si grant hill, carter and now kobe....

Edited by webslinger

well dahil kay jordan nag umpisa lahat eh.... i like watching basketball in my childhood kso d ko trip manood ng nba sa pba me nag watch ksi yung time n yun puro boston vs lakers plus piston wala ng ibang team ako nakikita.... until bulls and jordan come along.....

beside dat bobcats seems silent in d nba.....

bt it seems why people compare jordan to any players at dis time???? dati naalala nto si harold miner???? who won d slam dunk they also compare him to his airness tpos si grant hill, carter and now kobe....

Big compliment na macompare kay michael jordan ang isang basketball player kahit pa alam nila na hindi nila malalagpasan ang accomplishment ni jordan.

Even Brent Barry na lumaban sa NBA slam dunk comptetition sa by jumping in free throw line, sabi nga nya being compare to jordan for atleast the way he dunk is a big compliment.

and imaging how many points kobe will get when they play him 1 on 1 like MJ. :D

imagine how many FT MJ has per game might compare it to current player with the name James and Wade.

imagine hot the media give it all to MJ and hate KB :P

again KOBE is KOBE and MJ is MJ.

MJ is the beast in his time while KB is the beast in his time.

yeah,,,, and imagine... how many points he should have scored if defenders then were not allowed to do hand checks......unlike now

i don't buy MVP now a days and i am sure a lot of people will agree on this.

because most of the media simply hate kobe.

media loves MJ so much and they don't like player like kobe surpass their favorite.

simply because they think NASH is the best ever than KOBE even if kobe average almost 40pts per game :D

so you still convince with the MVP?

Most telling stat: MJ = 5 MVPs, Kobe = 1 MVP. Hasn't earned the gravitas to be considered best ever. ;)

but magic is a long time part owner ng lakers diba?

MJ is just the major share holder for the bobcats now while magic is not dahil na din walang balak ibenta ni buss and lakers.

and wala pang nakaka gawa eh ang pagiging magaling nya sa laro pero ang desisyon sa pag pili ng player eh hindi nya magawa ng tama. (kwame brown)

he he he.... they now they cnt match d guy now whos d owner of d bobcats..... ito palang wala na makakagawa nito dating nba super star na naging owner ng isang team sa nba.... lalaban kayo.... he he he

i don't buy MVP now a days and i am sure a lot of people will agree on this.

because most of the media simply hate kobe.

media loves MJ so much and they don't like player like kobe surpass their favorite.

simply because they think NASH is the best ever than KOBE even if kobe average almost 40pts per game :D

so you still convince with the MVP?

Sorry, no i am not convinced with this reasoning. If you are willing to discount the value of MVP awards, then that's your choice and I believe you will be in the minority.

From your post, I can discern either of two things:

1. The media loves MJ so much that he was awarded multiple MVPs even when he wasn't deserving.

How can you say the media loves MJ so much when one of the major reasons of his first retirement was that the media kept hounding him on his gambling problems?

Ans assuming MJ was the wrong guy to win MVP in '88, 91, '92, '96 and '98, who do you think should have won?

2. Kobe was hated by the media that he was robbed of potentially more MVPs.

So you think only KObe was victimized by the MVP voters. Well, what about Jordan losing the MVP in at least 2 other years ('93 to Barkley and '97 to Malone are the more egregious ones)?

If Kobe was hated or disliked by the media then he has only himself to blame. The Colorado incident certainly was a factor which was unfortunate as this happened as he was hitting his prime - a time when he should be winning MVPs.

Sorry, no i am not convinced with this reasoning. If you are willing to discount the value of MVP awards, then that's your choice and I believe you will be in the minority.

From your post, I can discern either of two things:

1. The media loves MJ so much that he was awarded multiple MVPs even when he wasn't deserving.

How can you say the media loves MJ so much when one of the major reasons of his first retirement was that the media kept hounding him on his gambling problems?

Ans assuming MJ was the wrong guy to win MVP in '88, 91, '92, '96 and '98, who do you think should have won?

2. Kobe was hated by the media that he was robbed of potentially more MVPs.

So you think only KObe was victimized by the MVP voters. Well, what about Jordan losing the MVP in at least 2 other years ('93 to Barkley and '97 to Malone are the more egregious ones)?

If Kobe was hated or disliked by the media then he has only himself to blame. The Colorado incident certainly was a factor which was unfortunate as this happened as he was hitting his prime - a time when he should be winning MVPs.

simply kobe cannot even match MJ's leadership and respect by his team mate and thats the bottomline, enough of media.:lol:

ohhh..Kobe is Superman? what I heard From Gary Payton...a former Teammate of Kobe...Webber a Kobe Oppenent during Kings v Lakers...is that MJ is the Black Jesus...yeah it's Blashpemy but it is what i heard from them...and KIDS please consider the stats and Facts...Mag aral muna ng History...Kobe will forever be one step below MJ

ohhh..Kobe is Superman? what I heard From Gary Payton...a former Teammate of Kobe...Webber a Kobe Oppenent during Kings v Lakers...is that MJ is the Black Jesus...yeah it's Blashpemy but it is what i heard from them...and KIDS please consider the stats and Facts...Mag aral muna ng History...Kobe will forever be one step below MJ

superman is just a cartoon. para namang sinabi na pantasya na lang ang nagawa ni kobe. hahaha. :lol:

matatapatan nya siguro ung double grandslam pero ung all time scoring leader??? kaya hindi pwedeng itapat si kobe kay mj. malaki masyado ang pagitan.

championship ring na lang nila ang pag usapan kasi un lang naman ang pwede, hanggang dun lang :lol:

pero sabi nga ng ibang player its a compliment to be compare to Jordan:P