Nike "just Do It"

Gideon

Napulbos yung Jordan 16's ko sa closet ko.. The mid-soles just disentegrated, and I was so saddened by this because it was part of my collection and it was one of the first Jordans I've ever bought - its been with me for over 7 years.. This (I think) actually started my collection.. In this regard, how does one keep his shoe collection in good condition? No cracks, and no change in color sana.. Ang nakakapagtaka nga ay yung Nike Shox ko (the first one) ay hindi pa sira at all, at nauna ito na binili ko..

I can not afford a climate-controlled room.. So that's out of the question.. My room is actually out of the sun's rays but definitely not without humidity (we live in the Asian region diba?).. I store my shoes in a dark closet.. I let them breathe from time to time.. What should I do to avoid this from happening to my other shoes?

Dude same here! I had my retro Air Jordan stocked in a closet. Akala ko bukbuk but definitely na Pulbos ang buong sole <_< I just used them for a year and after four years pangit na condition. Worse, the black pair even grew molds and mildew. I guess its the humidity which causes the growth but the disentegration of the soles could be due to the material (not necessarily the tropical climate)

Napulbos yung Jordan 16's ko sa closet ko.. The mid-soles just disentegrated, and I was so saddened by this because it was part of my collection and it was one of the first Jordans I've ever bought - its been with me for over 7 years.. This (I think) actually started my collection.. In this regard, how does one keep his shoe collection in good condition? No cracks, and no change in color sana.. Ang nakakapagtaka nga ay yung Nike Shox ko (the first one) ay hindi pa sira at all, at nauna ito na binili ko..

I can not afford a climate-controlled room.. So that's out of the question.. My room is actually out of the sun's rays but definitely not without humidity (we live in the Asian region diba?).. I store my shoes in a dark closet.. I let them breathe from time to time.. What should I do to avoid this from happening to my other shoes?

Try putting silica packs inside the shoebox. Then you can add dehumidifier packs inside the closet too. Medyo costly lang nga dehumidifier packs as you have to change them every month. For the silica packs, I change every 6-8 months once totally purple to dark blue color na yung silica beads.

Dude same here! I had my retro Air Jordan stocked in a closet. Akala ko bukbuk but definitely na Pulbos ang buong sole <_< I just used them for a year and after four years pangit na condition. Worse, the black pair even grew molds and mildew. I guess its the humidity which causes the growth but the disentegration of the soles could be due to the material (not necessarily the tropical climate)

I guess, we really have to take a look at our shoes/shoe closet a lot.. Wala na tayong magagawa dahil humid sa bansa natin.. And only a few of us can afford to have an airconditioned/climate controlled room for our collections..

Try putting silica packs inside the shoebox. Then you can add dehumidifier packs inside the closet too. Medyo costly lang nga dehumidifier packs as you have to change them every month. For the silica packs, I change every 6-8 months once totally purple to dark blue color na yung silica beads.

Thanks for the reply, bro.. But pardon my ignorance, where do I buy dehumidifier packs and the silica packs? Kahit na medyo mahal, siguro pwede na rather than masira ang mga sapatos ko..

Thanks for the reply, bro.. But pardon my ignorance, where do I buy dehumidifier packs and the silica packs? Kahit na medyo mahal, siguro pwede na rather than masira ang mga sapatos ko..

The silica packs you can buy in most ACE branches or most Hardware sections of department stores. The silica packs are the clear-type silica beads in plastic sachets (size ng teabags). I think one box contains around 30 silica packs which cost 60-70php. You can throw in 3-4 packs inside one shoe box. They're good for about 6-8 months.

Closet dehumidifier packs cost around 100-200php. They are bigger white grains (sorry I forgot what exactly they are) and liquify after a month or so inside your closet. Aside from absorbing moisture they also rid your closet of foul odors.

Both are good means to rid or lessen your closet/shoe box of humidity and moisture.

Does anyone know if exclusive na naman sa Nike BHS ang 11/12 CDPs?

The silica packs you can buy in most ACE branches or most Hardware sections of department stores. The silica packs are the clear-type silica beads in plastic sachets (size ng teabags). I think one box contains around 30 silica packs which cost 60-70php. You can throw in 3-4 packs inside one shoe box. They're good for about 6-8 months.

Closet dehumidifier packs cost around 100-200php. They are bigger white grains (sorry I forgot what exactly they are) and liquify after a month or so inside your closet. Aside from absorbing moisture they also rid your closet of foul odors.

Both are good means to rid or lessen your closet/shoe box of humidity and moisture.

Does anyone know if exclusive na naman sa Nike BHS ang 11/12 CDPs?

I will go to ACE today, bro.. Salamat..

One more question, can one dehumidifier pack do the absorption for one shoe cabinet? My cabinet is around 7 feet in height, and 3 feet in width.. It does not house all of my shoes, yung iba nasa labas at naka-box but hindi din tinatamaan ng sun.. Will put silica packs kaagad sa mga yun, and will also put some silica packs inside the cabinet kapag sumobra..

Edited by revi
I will go to ACE today, bro.. Salamat..

One more question, can one dehumidifier pack do the absorption for one shoe cabinet? My cabinet is around 7 feet in height, and 3 feet in width.. It does not house all of my shoes, yung iba nasa labas at naka-box but hindi din tinatamaan ng sun.. Will put silica packs kaagad sa mga yun, and will also put some silica packs inside the cabinet kapag sumobra..

Yup, one pack per closet enough. If you put one pack in an extremely large closet, mas mabilis lang siya mauubos since it absorbs more in a greater area. It's good for clothes din... :thumbsupsmiley: Meron din ata sa Home DIY hardware store in Riverbanks.

Tried Reebok and And1 but got back to Nike. This is the best basketball shoe especially for the flatfooted like me.

Once had...

Jordan III

Jordan X

Jordan Vindicator

Jordan I (re-issue)

Jordan Pro-Quick

Air Swift

Hyperflight II

Air Force I Low (re-issue)

Flight (The Glove 1)

Crosstrainer Posite

...and others I can't recall model names

Not enough budget kaya 'eto na muna panglaro ko ngayon...

http://www.gws.su/uploads/catalog/31028_1_big.jpg

Am also a big fan of Baller ID and other Nike apparels. The best quality for me. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

after waiting for 2months tanga kc ng forwarder from jersey na mix up daw sila finally got my sb

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/brotha_chestah/Image1821.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/brotha_chestah/Image1822.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/brotha_chestah/Image1823.jpg

after waiting for 2months tanga kc ng forwarder from jersey na mix up daw sila finally got my sb

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/brotha_chestah/Image1821.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/brotha_chestah/Image1822.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/brotha_chestah/Image1823.jpg

nice kicks bro... if im not mistaken nike @ ATC has the same color.