SPORTS & WORKOUT INJURIES

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Right now have a left wrist sprain. It hurts at the beginning of a barbell curl and hurts at certain positions. Applying ice as well as have a wrist wrap around it now.

Wrist injuries are usually of RSI cause - Repetitive strain Injury.

wrist problems are one of the most difficult issues with active individuals. The wrist is a complex joint connects the dextrous hand and fingers with the mobile arm and forearm. It moves with almost all hand motions and is indispensable especially when working out. Anatomically there are small bones held by ligaments, this structure allows great mobility but not much stability(compare it with the ankle). The wrist was not designed for prolonged weight bearing.

Since ligaments and bone are most likely injured in the wrist, recovery takes longer. Currently treatment starts with Immobilization of the wrist (splints) with cessation or moderation of aggravating activity. Sorry bro, you'll have to rest for a while and if you really want to work out listen to your wrist. The slightest sign of pain means that something is wrong. DO NOT go all beastmode and say "NO PAIN NO GAIN". Pain is a protective mechanism and must be headed especially with wrist injuries.

Applying ice is good post work out. It would also help if you had your back shoulders elbow check are they are a part of a kinematic chain. A problem in one may affect the others. Hope this helped.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

through the years madami-dami na din

sprained ankes, sprained wrists, tennis elbow, hurting knees, hurting lower back, hurting left shoulder, sprained fingers, mga pasa-pasa.

right now the outer sole of my left foot is a bit painful after doing some exercise. i guess connected din siya sa pagka baba ng arch ng feet ko

what i've noticed though the knees and the back problems pretty much disappeared when i lost a bunch of poundage

• Calcified carpals due to breaking in right wrist
  • (Straightened neck bones due to dick massage therapist pushing too hard)
  • Separated Chest plate
  • Pulled right hamstring + lower back
  • Right hip flexor pain
  • Left hip flexor pain
  • Weakened Right triceps (don't know why)

Majority of these injuries were due to

• Poor planning
  • Lack of rest and sleep
  • Bad nutrition

At one point, I got into a fight during Arm day - Biceps and Triceps. After that, I was searching for a better program to do. Basic Barbell lifts are the way to do things. The Per Body part split exercises are actually for Advanced lifters. If I could be like Pyrros Dimas or Lu Xiaojun, that's good enough for me.

Right now, I'm resting my left hip flexor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ako nung 2009, nag bench press ako, naghahabol kasi ako ng cuts for a wedding. best man kasi ako nun, so twice a day bench press ko/ GYM, may isnag araw na nagmamadali ako, nag stretch lang ako saglit, then 5mins cardio, tapos bench press na, I remember parang 150lbs lang kinarga ko, 3rd lift ko may narinig akong crack sa middle chest ko, para akong hihimatayin, then tumigil na ko gym, after 6months nag try ako push up- kahit sa push up tumutunog pa rin, since then I avoided chest exercises. Swimming na lang ako pag kailangan ko mag buff ng chest. Importante talaga FULL STRETCHING 30mins! Please do not exclude stretching before lifting.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...