First Thing U Did After A Major Break-up?

Pardon my insensitivity but. . .

do you really have to do anything after the break-up?

why do you need to cry on someone or somebody that never really cares for you?

do you really have to feel the pain and the hurt just to move on?

Can't you just move on without all these inconsequential things?

I had also a major major break-up with the first girl that I loved very much. But I did not do any of your usual thing. I did not drink myself to death nor did I cry nor did I isolate from everybody. No, I did not do these things.

I just moved on with my life.

You know why?

Because I love myself more than the relationship I lost.

Because I accept that there are things that will not be as I want them to be.

I believe in myself and proud of who I am. I won't subject myself to such humiliation just because of a relationship gone bad.

It hurts of course, but does it mean that I was a lesser man because of it?

NO!!!

On the contrary, it taught me a great deal on how to handle the relationship the next time.

Now I'm a happily married man with the same principle and understanding what life is all about. But still if my relationship with my wife will not go as WE plan it to be it, then so be it.

No crying. No drinking to death or what have you.

Maybe, that's just me. . . .

Edited by Bill Lomita

cried myself to sleep on the first two nights then went to Manila on a major shopping binge at Rustan's and had a fabulous haircut. Looking good is the best revenge. :P

First break up with the first woman in my life (high school), I went catatonic and nearly had a nervous breakdown :cry: .

Second break up with the second woman in my life (college), I got depressed, moved on, got depressed, moved on. This went on for five years. I really wanted to marry her and raise a family. Went to Europe to forget her. She is always in the society pages, so I still get haunted by her :wacko: .

Third break up with the third woman in my life (law school), she dumped me, wanted me, dumped me and wanted me. Finally I got tired and dumped her. I went drinking with my fraternity brothers and got laid with a wild chick.

Fourth break up with the Fourth Woman in my life (law school), I dumped her after getting tired of her nagging :grr: . I was so numb I could not feel sh.it.