What If Your Gf Cheated & Got Pregnant?

I would break up with her.

I mean, how could I raise a baby that is not my blood?

I would ADOPT, but it shouldn't be from getting my girl pregnant with another guy.

What if the child was yours and you are sure of it?..

Say she's 3 months pregnant and you know it.. Then she started an affair with another man..

Would anybody be brave enough to answer this truthfully?

What if the child was yours and you are sure of it?..

Say she's 3 months pregnant and you know it.. Then she started an affair with another man..

Would anybody be brave enough to answer this truthfully?

Well, the question's off topic as it modifies the threadstarter's question, but I guess the answer is, I'll break up with the girl but still give support for the kid. I might even go so far as to get a court ruling for full custody of the child once the "tender years presumption" (legal term) has been mooted.

I'm just wondering why we guys are so unforgiving and so harsh with our GFs who have cheated, and have been caught because they get pregnant.

And what about us? We do cheat our GFs, and just because we don't get pregnant, or have the slimmest chance of getting pregnant (unless you're like Dr. Alex Hesse -- Arnold Schwarzenegger -- in the movie "Junior" :P ) we can get away with it? :angry:

I'm just wondering why we guys are so unforgiving and so harsh with our GFs who have cheated, and have been caught because they get pregnant.

And what about us? We do cheat our GFs, and just because we don't get pregnant, or have the slimmest chance of getting pregnant (unless you're like Dr. Alex Hesse -- Arnold Schwarzenegger -- in the movie "Junior" :P ) we can get away with it? :angry:

Whether or not I get away with it depends on the girl and not on me. If she lets me get away with it, that's her problem.

In the same way, whether the girl gets away with cheating depends on me as her partner, and not her. If I'm harsh, that's my choice and I'm entitled to it.

I will not raise a kid who is not of my blood and is the product of my partner's unfaithfulness. It's as easy as that. No use pondering what would happen if it's guys who get pregnant. It simply does not happen.

1) because there are a lot more women out there who are "hopefully" not as polygamous as the men.

2) Wrong comparison, it should be that guys can get other girls pregnant.

3) Because of #2, men and women are different. The kid is her responsibility. She can't drop it. The guy can leave the pregnant non-gf and most guys don't take care of their illegitimate children especially if you have a different gf you want to marry.

From the gene centric point of view, we are programmed to replicate (sex being the mechanism), and while the males of the species produce millions of sperms a day, the females produce only 1 egg per month, and if impregnated, she has to bear it for another 9 months, and rear it until the offspring is capable of taking care of itself.

The male's investment (energy) is little - can produce millions of sperms a day - ergo cheap. To ensure successful replication, having more than one female to bear an offspring is prudent. Also, we must consider the competition, who have the same programming!

The female's investment is a lot more, as well as time consuming (as mentioned above), ergo, we would want our female to expend all her energies to our own genes, rather than the competition!

Consider the parallels in nature:

1. some species have the ability to scape of the "sperm" of his competitor from the female's reproductive organ, to ensure that it is his genetic contribution that is successful in fertilizing the female.

2. some species, when a male has won the harem of another male, will k*ll all the offspring of the former, to ensure that all the female in the harem will spend their energy on having and rearing his offspring!

These are the undelying biological mechanism of a sexually reproducing species that manifest in our psychological nature! Men are sperm donors whose biological success is measured by the number of offsprings (the more women you f#&k, the more chances of fertilization per mating period)and women are incubators (who are limited to 1 offspring per mating period - of course multiple births like twins, triplets, etc....are in the minority)

Take away all romantic notions, nature or the universe doesn't give a damn how in "love" you are with your GF or wife, all it cares about is that you replicate successfully, and your offsprings, and their offsprings, and so on!

So if your female cheats, men are unforgiving and harsh, because she becomes useless in the male's agenda. The resources (money, time, energy) spent in securing her as a mate, has been wasted!

It just became interesting now.. I'm not so sure if it is off-topic because of the possibilities..

I know that the original intention is a straight-forward case of the gf getting knocked-up by another guy..

But if, in the (not so) remote possibility that the child is mine, i would also like to keep the child.. But not the mother.. Most probably..

• 2 weeks later...

My view would be that since I don't expect a gf/wife to stay if I had an affair and impregnated that other person then the same would apply vice-versa.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were all surprised to return to school from Christmas vacation to find Girl very much pregnant.

Thing is, she has an on-off-on-off relationship with her boyfriend and she had issues about having

other guys on the side.

I don't know what's on the guy's mind, but everyone who knows her sure is wondering if the boyfriend

is really the father.

To be fair to all parties concerned, I think Girl should volunteer the idea of a paternity test. If she's so

sure that her boyfriend is the father, then she won't have to worry about anything at all. Besides, it's

better to have hard, solid evidence than have the issue hanging in the air for years, with everyone

waiting 'til the kid grows up to see if he looks anything like his supposed father.

Edited by erato

i like this post. very much

if my gf got pregnant, its definitely not mine hahahaha.

on a more serious note, it all boils down to cheating. if men get a second chance after they are caught cheating, then women should too. true, the matter of the baby is a huge difference but again, it all boils down to cheating. youre all saying yes to iwanan agad bec she got knocked up. what if she cheated but wasnt impregnated? would that be forgivable?

think about it. napaka unfair lang. we should keep an open mind. but i guess, for a man to sire a child as his own even if he isnt actually the father is a HUGE thing to expect. pero keep an open mind. consider evrything. almost everyone here is being sexist and unfair. kasi naman kahit na buntis sya with another man's kid, if you wanna make it work, you can make it work diba?

i like this post. very much

if my gf got pregnant, its definitely not mine hahahaha.

on a more serious note, it all boils down to cheating. if men get a second chance after they are caught cheating, then women should too. true, the matter of the baby is a huge difference but again, it all boils down to cheating. youre all saying yes to iwanan agad bec she got knocked up. what if she cheated but wasnt impregnated? would that be forgivable?

think about it. napaka unfair lang. we should keep an open mind. but i guess, for a man to sire a child as his own even if he isnt actually the father is a HUGE thing to expect. pero keep an open mind. consider evrything. almost everyone here is being sexist and unfair. kasi naman kahit na buntis sya with another man's kid, if you wanna make it work, you can make it work diba?

I guess coz most men are providers. We can get the sluts in nudie bars & the like. Slut for me is someone who forgets the really impt people when having sex. We don't want to be in a serious relationship w/ someone who'd fool around & worse leave evidence that reminds us daily that we've been cheated upon. Why make it more difficult when there could be another who'll love you w/out the hassle of someone else's kid.

She'd have to be very special for me to overlook this. Even if iforgive the cheating doesn't mean that I can forget. :( just telling it like it is.

• 4 months later...

Maybe I will accept her and her kid. True love is to accept the reality. After accept it and she still has continous have contact or relation with the other guy and maybe this time it is a wake up call. Everybody has a change to be forgiven but one is enough and two is too much.