Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

ok. tnx. will probably do it nxt month p, busy and have files in the pc that i need.

sir,wala b kau alam n solution for my flashdisk problem?

have fixed a lot of rontokbro infected computers sa office namin. mejo matagal lang ang process. i used norton corp, if you have it, follow the steps below.

Download update *.xdb

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...s/US-SAVCE.html

To copy/save the .xdb file to a Symantec AntiVirus client.

- Copy the .xdb file to the correct folder, depending on the program version:

** C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\

---------------------------------------------

Using the update

http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-s...&dtype=corp

Intelligent Updater

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ss/sa...998082013035306

how to delete W32.Rontokbro.D@mm:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...okbro.d@mm.html

a firewall/router is limititng your network traffic, you need to open up a port so others can open up to you" ......what do this mean????

what is a router?? i don't use a firewall.. and where can i change the port of my computer??

i get this message in utorrent...

ngayun ko lang na experience toh in 3 months of using utorrent...

hello. help po.

i was using my old laptop po. it's an asus t9400.

2 days ago. i charged it and turned it off.

i was going to use it today since i plan to work outside, but when i checked it, the LCD won't turn on. the power is on but the LCD won't. any ideas why this happened?

i found a worm in my computer. i checked my hard disk file and there was a bacabro !!!.txt file. i googled it and found it is a worm. i don't have a anti-virus in this computer. tried to delete it but after restart nandun cya ulit.

one thing also i found out, i can't go to those anti-virus sites. am using opera. lload nmn ung website s ibang tab but when i switch to those that involves anti-virus. ngcclose dn ung browser.

since the file is .txt try opening it with notepad, delete everything in the file save it as same name, then delete it. then go to regeidit, search the whole registry for anything that contains the name and delete it.

Need some help peeps!

Im having trouble installing XP on a brand new PC. According to windows it won't install on my new system bec. it can't seem to find my HD.

The specs of the HD is an 80 gig seagate SATA.

Anybody out there who can help me out?

check your BIOS Setting, if you're SATA controller is integrated with the MOBO, try setting the SATA settings to to AUTO

hi need help.

here's d problem. my pc runs on win xp.

after turning the pc on. xp log on then wallpaper comes out then nothing the menu doesn't come out at all. jus the wallpaper on screen. i don't think the pc hanged ksi i can move the mouse pa din.

hope someone can help. thnks in advance.

reparing your OS cant result to additional errors. so better try this..

once you see your wallpaper press ctrl shift and esc then once your in the task manager, click file and then new task.

type regedit..

go to go to HKey_Local_Machine>software>microsoft>winNT>currentversion>winlogon

change the value of shell to "explorer.exe"

if the value is already explorer.exe then try repairing your windows but be advised that in case repairing will not work , you have to perfom a clean reinstall

my screen turns to blue and turns to memory dump mode .. computer advise me to turn off bios caching and shadowing.. Simple lang ang request nang computer pero as I enter bios mode, wala akong makikita nah bios caching and shadowing...

help!!!! may software bah na pwede toh ma disable sa windows xp??? or do caching and shadowing hides in another name in bios setup menu??

dude its a blue screen error, can you give me the stop error code..

it should say

STOP Error 0x00..... blah blah blah...

i am not sure guys kung naitanong na to sa mga ibang pages d2 sa thread.

My question is, lam nyo ba yung dialog box na nagaapear automatically when naka run na yung windows?

yung mga nasa dialog box e may nakasulat sa bandang dulo na 'will restart in (may countdown ba)'

e di naman dapat lumalabas yun diba. virus ata yun na winblast.. pano ko mataaggal yun, kakareformat ko lang sa laptop namin tapos nag connect ako sa net, after, lumalabas kaagad yun. nakakainis kasi di mo na maiinterfere. magrerestart talaga..

help!!

i am not sure guys kung naitanong na to sa mga ibang pages d2 sa thread.

My question is, lam nyo ba yung dialog box na nagaapear automatically when naka run na yung windows?

yung mga nasa dialog box e may nakasulat sa bandang dulo na 'will restart in (may countdown ba)'

e di naman dapat lumalabas yun diba. virus ata yun na winblast.. pano ko mataaggal yun, kakareformat ko lang sa laptop namin tapos nag connect ako sa net, after, lumalabas kaagad yun. nakakainis kasi di mo na maiinterfere. magrerestart talaga..

help!!

Bro, pagka logon sa computer, click mo sa start tapos click mo run type mo shutdown -r sa box para di magrestart tapos pwede mo run blaster removal tool download mo dito --> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/FixBlast.exe pero mas maganda pa rin reformat mo na lang computer pagkatapos mo backup mga files.

uhmm..mtc people i need your help. i am having problems with my dvd writer. this is what happened:

- when i reformated my pc, i dunno if the device was working well.

- i have 2 dvd drives and i was using the other dvd drive to install stuffs...

- after sometime, i noticed na isa lang ang dvd drive ko sa my computer.

- so i went to the device manager and saw na may cross or disabled sya.

- when i tried to enable it (by right click and clicking enable)..di pa rin nawala ung cross sa icon nya.

- nung i tried enabling it using properties>enable...it said windows cannot enable the device...code 22....

-the booting detects the drive...dko lng tlga maenable to use it.

what should i do to enable my dvd writer and start using it?

reformat?

sira na ba un?

uhmm..mtc people i need your help. i am having problems with my dvd writer. this is what happened:

- when i reformated my pc, i dunno if the device was working well.

- i have 2 dvd drives and i was using the other dvd drive to install stuffs...

- after sometime, i noticed na isa lang ang dvd drive ko sa my computer.

- so i went to the device manager and saw na may cross or disabled sya.

- when i tried to enable it (by right click and clicking enable)..di pa rin nawala ung cross sa icon nya.

- nung i tried enabling it using properties>enable...it said windows cannot enable the device...code 22....

-the booting detects the drive...dko lng tlga maenable to use it.

what should i do to enable my dvd writer and start using it?

reformat?

sira na ba un?

uhmm...ive solved the problem na a while ago...haha...what i did was to uninstall the device then install it...then poof...ayun na...haha..napaka simple lng pla ng solution...nalinis ko tuloy ng di oras comp ko...haha...

Bro, pagka logon sa computer, click mo sa start tapos click mo run type mo shutdown -r sa box para di magrestart tapos pwede mo run blaster removal tool download mo dito --> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/FixBlast.exe pero mas maganda pa rin reformat mo na lang computer pagkatapos mo backup mga files.

bro, is it always best to do a reformat instead of running anti-virus software like avg or mcafee on an infected system?

Yes... primarily because most of the viruses today are encrypting themselves into your system... making it undetectable to AV progs... so just to be on the safe side... format it... but if you feel confident that you can detect malware in your HDD without formatting it then go ahead... but I suggest you scan it using a different pc... because 90% of the time your AV will not detect the malware on your already infected system :hypocritesmiley:

Help! how do i know if properly installed ang usb 2.0 ko?

pansin ko kasi bumagal laht ng programs especially windows media player nung kinabitan ko ng usb 2.0 i already change the power supply to 500watts pero ang bagal pa rin. pero working naman yung mga nakasaksak sa usb 2.0 ko na devices

anyone know hows to configure the sata 2 correctly? i tried to visit the tech support of my brand which is Western digital btw im using 250 GB WD 16mb cache sata 2, problem is when i tried to configure it in bios as AHCI it is the default setting it s not detected by winxp sp2, then i treid to configure it to IDE then nag tuloy ung installation problem is sometimes intermitently pagbukas ko ng pvc ko lagi nlng sya ng rerestart then i check the bios setting nung sata naging AHCI i cant even llogin sa safe mode kung ganbito setting ng SATA 2 ko, so i set it to IDE again then naging okei na sya pero itsa happen parin ung restart ng restart as always. hay anyone help?

pansin ko kasi bumagal laht ng programs especially windows media player nung kinabitan ko ng usb 2.0 i already change the power supply to 500watts pero ang bagal pa rin. pero working naman yung mga nakasaksak sa usb 2.0 ko na devices

USB 2.0 is this an external card where you have like 4 additional ports? I can only think of 2 things, either this is a driver problem or the card has a conflict with your existing USB ports. Make sure your existing USB ports are USB 2.0 compatible as well.

[font=Arial Black] mga tol,i recently bought a pc,256 ang memory,pentium4 3.06,axp ang os.my problem is bakit pag nadownload ako sa internet ng mga games and ung messenger ng yahoo,nag automatic shutdown ung pc,help naman

You probably have a malware in your system. I cant see any other reason why your PC shuts down or reboots.

Edited by Phrozhen.Khold

Have a problem

Before I used to be able to rip DVD's to xvid or as data in VIDEO_TS folders.

Using DVD Shrink/1 Click DVD Copy/Imtoo DVD Ripper

But recently whenever I use these programs to rip to Xvid format

I get this error

Kinda weird I have a SOny DRU 810A DVD Writer and I patched it with the latest firmware.

I dont know how to set the region code and could I make this region free? Is it safe? How?

The only way for me to copy DVD's now is using the explore and copy folders basics...

I wanted to rip one DVD to DivX sana, I already have Any DVD and DVD Region+CSS Software pero wala parin. Same Error. Sa DVD Srink naman ayaw basahin ung mga DVD's when I rip them.

How to check if you have USB 2.0 or 1.1

Windows® 98/Me

Right-click the My Computer icon and select Properties.

Click the Device Manager tab.

Click the plus (+) sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

Note: If Universal Serial Bus Controllers is not listed, there is a problem with the USB controller or the USB controller is not enabled in the computer's BIOS. Please contact the computer or card manufacturer for updated drivers and/or for information on how to fix or enable the USB controller.

If Enhanced Host Controller and/or USB 2.0 Root Hub Device is listed, then the computer has USB 2.0 ports.

If Universal Host Controller and/or Open Host Controller is listed, then the computer has USB 1.1 ports.

Windows® 2000/XP

Right-click the My Computer icon and select Manage.

Note: Windows XP users may need to click Start to access the My Computer icon.

Click the Device Manager icon.

Click the plus (+) sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

Note: If Universal Serial Bus Controllers is not listed, there is a problem with the USB controller or the USB controller is not enabled in the computer's BIOS. Please contact the computer or card manufacturer for updated drivers and/or for information on how to fix or enable the USB controller.

If Enhanced Host Controller and/or USB 2.0 Root Hub Device is listed, then the computer has USB 2.0 ports.

If Universal Host Controller and/or Open Host Controller is listed, then the computer has USB 1.1 ports.

anyone know hows to configure the sata 2 correctly? i tried to visit the tech support of my brand which is Western digital btw im using 250 GB WD 16mb cache sata 2, problem is when i tried to configure it in bios as AHCI it is the default setting it s not detected by winxp sp2, then i treid to configure it to IDE then nag tuloy ung installation problem is sometimes intermitently pagbukas ko ng pvc ko lagi nlng sya ng rerestart then i check the bios setting nung sata naging AHCI i cant even llogin sa safe mode kung ganbito setting ng SATA 2 ko, so i set it to IDE again then naging okei na sya pero itsa happen parin ung restart ng restart as always. hay anyone help?

bro anong mobo mo? intg ba sata controller or may pci card kapa? settings lang to bro.

mga tol,i recently bought a pc,256 ang memory,pentium4 3.06,axp ang os.my problem is bakit pag nadownload ako sa internet ng mga games and ung messenger ng yahoo,nag automatic shutdown ung pc,help naman

baka may blaster ka? may prompt bang lumalabas b4 it shutsdown?

HTH

@Pabling

pre jan ka pala my mobo is AsRock ConroeXFire-eSATA II :hypocritesmiley: :cool: and have the proc of E6300 core duo my HDD is 250 GB western Digital 16mb Cache SATA II, sa tingin ko nga cinfig lang problem ko, can you please help me on it? dapat pala sa kabila nag post din ako hehehe... hope you can help me on this sir Pabling :mtc: :thumbsupsmiley:

@Pabling

pre jan ka pala my mobo is AsRock ConroeXFire-eSATA II :hypocritesmiley: :cool: and have the proc of E6300 core duo my HDD is 250 GB western Digital 16mb Cache SATA II, sa tingin ko nga cinfig lang problem ko, can you please help me on it? dapat pala sa kabila nag post din ako hehehe... hope you can help me on this sir Pabling :mtc: :thumbsupsmiley:

to use SATA2 is just the same as using IDE. Is the HDD detected in BIOS?

ilang watts ung PSU mo? :unsure:

to use SATA2 is just the same as using IDE. Is the HDD detected in BIOS?

ilang watts ung PSU mo? :unsure:

About the PSU watts 500 watts pre, RE: HDD when its ahci its not detected while in IDE its detected, but problem is bkt kusa syang ng rereconfigure intertmittently to AHCI? why is it happening to my SATA 2?