Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

that's is simple man..

Click on START then go to RUN (copy and paste this to your RUN box)

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

let me know what happened..good luck!

thanks bro... it worked!!!!!!! :) :) :) :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

ey this is my second problem... I don't know what happen but my windows built-in fire wall was corrupted.. I can't access it.. message na lumalabas is "due to an unidentified problem windows can't open firewall"... Could someone help me how can i repair this?? :blink: :blink: :blink:

third problem.... How could i reset windows settings to default?? ..... I've experimented with tweaking and due to my foolishness i've accidentally affected download speed of my computer..... i'm currently connected on cable modem with a subscribe speed of 125kbps... Before my tweaking experiments, i usually have a download speed of 11.5kbps to 14kbps, after my silly tweaking projects naging 7kbps-8kbps :blink: :blink: worst sometimes naging 3 to 4kbps :( :( ... Help how can I regain back my original speed. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: or much better if someone gives me valid tweaking commands that will turbocharge my network speed...

third problem.... How could i reset windows settings to default?? ..... I've experimented with tweaking and due to my foolishness i've accidentally affected download speed of my computer.....  i'm currently connected on cable modem with a subscribe speed of 125kbps... Before my tweaking experiments, i usually have a download speed of 11.5kbps to 14kbps, after my silly tweaking projects naging 7kbps-8kbps :blink:  :blink:  worst sometimes naging 3 to 4kbps  :(  :(  ... Help how can I regain back my original speed. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  or much better if someone gives me valid tweaking commands that will turbocharge  my network speed...

try system restore under safe mode?

thanks bro... it worked!!!!!!! :)  :)  :)  :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:

ey this is my second problem... I don't know what happen but my windows built-in fire wall was corrupted.. I can't access it.. message na lumalabas is "due to an unidentified problem windows can't open firewall"... Could someone help me how can i repair this?? :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

dude, medyo hirap din ako dito sa windows firewall..may time kse na ang only solutions is to run an repair installation of XP.. but try this basic steps to check and fixed your firewall issue..

Click on start then go to RUN..then type services.msc

Locate Windows Firewall anc checked if it is set to automatic..

If yes then go to command prompt byt clicking again on Start then RUN then type CMD..

On the command prompt type netsh firewall reset then press enter..Restart your computer after..

By the way, make sure that you dont have any third-party firewall installed..

third problem.... How could i reset windows settings to default?? ..... I've experimented with tweaking and due to my foolishness i've accidentally affected download speed of my computer.....  i'm currently connected on cable modem with a subscribe speed of 125kbps... Before my tweaking experiments, i usually have a download speed of 11.5kbps to 14kbps, after my silly tweaking projects naging 7kbps-8kbps :blink:  :blink:  worst sometimes naging 3 to 4kbps  :(  :(  ... Help how can I regain back my original speed. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  or much better if someone gives me valid tweaking commands that will turbocharge  my network speed...

what do you mean by WINDOWS SETTINGS? what exactly did you changed?

Try to this, it will help your computer to run faster..

**Optmizing the browser**

Go to Control Panel and Open Internet Options.

On the General Tab, click on Delete Cookies, Delete Files and Clear History.

On the Security Tab, set everything to default.

On the privacy tab, set it to default.

On the Content Tab, Click on Clear SSL State. Then Click on AutoComplete. Now click Clear Forms & Clear passwords.

On the Programs Tab, click on Reset Web Settings.

On the Adavanced Tab, click on Restore Defaults.

Click Apply then OK.

**Clearing your temp and prefetch folder**

Click on START then go to RUN.

Type %temp% then click OK.

Now highlight everything then press delete on you r keyboard.(Click Edit, Select All then Delete)

Close the window.

Type prefetch then click OK.

Delete everything like what you did with temp.

-->NOTE: If an error message will appear that wont let you delete the files then do it in SAFEMODE

Marami pa tong kasunod kya lng pagod nko mag-type..Tell me kung may nagwang mabuti sa PC mo or wala so mabibigay ko syo yung iba pa nteng pwedeng gwen..

Guest buru_tus

eto problema ko

I was using XP Pro at yung My Pictures Folder ko ay naka private

so nde sya pwedeng maview ng ibang users

e nag auto update ang microsoft at na check na nde licensed yung XP Pro

kaya ni re install ko yung XP HOME ko

problema ko ngayon, nde ko ma access yung My Pictures Folder ko

yung ibang files under dun sa user name ko, nandun pa lahat

lahat ng folders at files nabubuksan ko, pwera lang dito sa My Pictures Folder, dahil nga naka private

may way pa ba para mabuksan ko tong folder na to???

nandito pa naman lahat ng pics at vids collection ko

what do you mean by WINDOWS SETTINGS? what exactly did you changed?

Try to this, it will help your computer to run faster..

**Optmizing the browser**

Go to Control Panel and Open Internet Options.

On the General Tab, click on Delete Cookies, Delete Files and Clear History.

On the Security Tab, set everything to default.

On the privacy tab, set it to default.

On the Content Tab, Click on Clear SSL State. Then Click on AutoComplete. Now click Clear Forms &  Clear passwords.

On the Programs Tab, click on Reset Web Settings.

On the Adavanced Tab, click on Restore Defaults.

Click Apply then OK.

**Clearing your temp and prefetch folder**

Type %temp% then click OK.

Now highlight everything then press delete on you r keyboard.(Click Edit, Select All then Delete)

Close the window.

Type prefetch then click OK.

Delete everything like what you did with temp.

-->NOTE: If an error message will appear that wont let you delete the files then do it in SAFEMODE

Marami pa tong kasunod kya lng pagod nko mag-type..Tell me kung may nagwang mabuti sa PC mo or wala so mabibigay ko syo yung iba pa nteng pwedeng gwen..

thanks for the reply bro.. :D :D What I did was to completely repair install my windows xp.. Now everything is back to normal except that as i open my add/remove programs, all my updates dating back to jun 05 were erased... Now here's the real problem as i tried to reinstall all my updates(since my backup copy pa ako) my screen suddenly turns to blue and i get a message stating "memory dump" :( :(

how could i possibly install all my updates without getting a memory dump??? :blink: :blink: :blink: please help :):)

try mo access sa safe mode tapos log in ka as main admin then punta ka sa C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Pictures folder. right click ka dun then select sharing and security. check mo kng pwede pa mamodify ung settings dun. if not, try ko hanap ng other way.

eto problema ko

I was using XP Pro at yung My Pictures Folder ko ay naka private

so nde sya pwedeng maview ng ibang users

e nag auto update ang microsoft at na check na nde licensed yung XP Pro

kaya ni re install ko yung XP HOME ko

problema ko ngayon, nde ko ma access yung My Pictures Folder ko

yung ibang files under dun sa user name ko, nandun pa lahat

lahat ng folders at files nabubuksan ko, pwera lang dito sa My Pictures Folder, dahil nga naka private

may way pa ba para mabuksan ko tong folder na to???

nandito pa naman lahat ng pics at vids collection ko

Guest buru_tus
try mo access sa safe mode tapos log in ka as main admin then punta ka sa C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Pictures folder. right click ka dun then select sharing and security. check mo kng pwede pa mamodify ung settings dun. if not, try ko hanap ng other way.

it worked

haaaaay!!!!

salamat!!! maraming salamat!!!!!

akala ko nde ko na makikita collections ko

salamat ng marami

Edited by buru_tus
Guest buru_tus
it worked

haaaaay!!!!

salamat!!! maraming salamat!!!!!

akala ko nde ko na makikita collections ko

salamat ng marami

Haaay Pre

I share mo na rin yan, thats the message .....

nde pwede bossing

yung iba dito for personal consumption only!!!!

hehehehehehehehe!!!!

my screen turns to blue and turns to memory dump mode .. computer advise me to turn off bios caching and shadowing.. Simple lang ang request nang computer pero as I enter bios mode, wala akong makikita nah bios caching and shadowing...

help!!!! may software bah na pwede toh ma disable sa windows xp??? or do caching and shadowing hides in another name in bios setup menu??

my screen turns to blue and  turns to memory dump mode .. computer advise  me to turn off bios caching and shadowing.. Simple lang ang request nang computer pero as I enter bios mode, wala akong makikita nah bios caching and shadowing...

help!!!! may software bah na pwede toh ma disable sa windows xp??? or do caching and shadowing hides in another name in bios setup menu??

There is no such software since it depends on the BIOS itself... My mga motherboard na meron option sa BIOS for shadowing and chaching where you can disable them but prior to your issue, which you are experiencing BSOD and memory dump, the problem is with one of the components installed on your system, peripherals etc... Kpag wala ka nmn nainstall before this happened then most likely, your OS was corrupted... :)

Guest romeot_12

hi need help.

here's d problem. my pc runs on win xp.

after turning the pc on. xp log on then wallpaper comes out then nothing the menu doesn't come out at all. jus the wallpaper on screen. i don't think the pc hanged ksi i can move the mouse pa din.

hope someone can help. thnks in advance.

hi need help.

after turning the pc on. xp log on then wallpaper comes out then nothing the menu doesn't come out at all. jus the wallpaper on screen. i don't think the pc hanged ksi i can move the mouse pa din.

if you were able to log on sa XP and wallpaper lang lumalabas, try this:

press ctrl +alt +del then choose task manager, then new task. tapos type mo dun explorer.exe. then ok.

tingnan mo kung lalabas yung menu and icons

Guest romeot_12
if you were able to log on sa XP and wallpaper lang lumalabas, try this:

press ctrl +alt +del then choose task manager, then new task. tapos type mo dun explorer.exe. then ok.

tingnan mo kung lalabas yung menu and icons

THNKS WILL TRY

hi need help.

This usually happens when your OS was corrupted already... It would be best if you do repair installation to avoid further issues with your system... :thumbsupsmiley:

hi need help.

press F8 upon boot. choose safe mode and log in under winxp. try running system restore to a date before the problem occured, if no go, then i'd say u can try running repair reinstall.

HTH

nagkamali po ako mag press ng updates sa MS ngayon sinasabihan ako na counterfit yung xp ko.

what should i do? should i re-install xp?

baka kasi ma-raid kami ni bill gates

nde yun dude...kse part ng update na na-download mo is yung WGA or Windows Genuine Advantage.. Basically ang gingwa nun eh chinicheck kung genuine yung copy ng windows mo.. Everytime na magddownload ng anythng from Microsoft, it will now check forst kung genuine yung copy mo den pag ndetermine nilang nde eh nde mag push through yung download mo.. There are cracks dat u can download to bypass WGA..not pretty sure kung san website meron ngayon but ill try searching then update ko n lng syo or dito sa boards..

guys help pls. my pc keeps restarting even before Windows XP loads. it goes to the set-up screen and tells me something about having the improper frequency combination and that it should be attuned to the specs of my CPU etc. this is the first time this has happened. nag-install lang yung sister ko ng blue tooth software tapos ganito nalang bigla. hindi ko na ma-load yung desktop coz it just keeps on restarting...help pls...