Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

mga boss,

my bro bought a new laptop, red fox wizBOOK. it's OS is linux. i can only run a linux machine once everything is installed na -- data processing, presentation, etc. BUT i cannot manipulate or change its configuration. i am a bit afraid. what i want is to install XP on this laptop through USB. any suggestion how i should do it?

mga boss,

my bro bought a new laptop, red fox wizBOOK. it's OS is linux. i can only run a linux machine once everything is installed na -- data processing, presentation, etc. BUT i cannot manipulate or change its configuration. i am a bit afraid. what i want is to install XP on this laptop through USB. any suggestion how i should do it?

medyo complicated yan bro.

ganito kasi magiging steps nyan:

a. remove the partition

b. create a partition

c. dun sa bagong partition mo, dun mo iinstall yung XP, pero make sure na during boot up (CMOS side), USB drives and ports are already detected.

d. install drivers. make sure na yung exact drivers ng laptop mo ang iiinstall mo.

Guest Leviticus
medyo complicated yan bro.

ganito kasi magiging steps nyan:

a. remove the partition

b. create a partition

c. dun sa bagong partition mo, dun mo iinstall yung XP, pero make sure na during boot up (CMOS side), USB drives and ports are already detected.

d. install drivers. make sure na yung exact drivers ng laptop mo ang iiinstall mo.

I tried this once with an asus eee, a netbook without a cd/dvd drive. I tried installing winXP-nlite via USB. I was only successful up to a point. it was mostly touch and go-trial and error as it was very very tricky.

I spent 3 days installing, installing, installing, installing until I got fed up and bought an external DVD drive, plugged it to the USB slot and installed XP normally.

My hard drive was partitioned into two: a C: Drive for the OS and other systems and a D: Drive for data storage. In addition to this, I have an older hard drive which I use for storage also, an E: drive and F: Drive. Most of my new data is saved in D.

Anyway, I just discovered this morning that my D drive is missing or at least the PC is not detecting it. Mp3s that I stored in this drive cannot be played by iTunes anymore since it cannot find it.

1) What happened and where the heck is my D drive?

2) Can I still recoved the files saved in it?

3) How can I restore my D drive?

mga masters, i have a sony vaio, i bought it last 2007 sa us. my problem is, hindi nagana ung shft keys (both left and right) i started just last week. ano kaya remedyo dto. saan kaya pede mag pa gawa ng vaio laptop? thank you po

looks like dirty keyboard contacts. try to clean it muna using a contact cleaner.

if it does not work, take it to a shop who does PC repairs.

wala kasing Vaio service center dito sa pilipinas. most of the time, Sony ships it to singapore.

My hard drive was partitioned into two: a C: Drive for the OS and other systems and a D: Drive for data storage. In addition to this, I have an older hard drive which I use for storage also, an E: drive and F: Drive. Most of my new data is saved in D.

Anyway, I just discovered this morning that my D drive is missing or at least the PC is not detecting it. Mp3s that I stored in this drive cannot be played by iTunes anymore since it cannot find it.

1) What happened and where the heck is my D drive?

2) Can I still recoved the files saved in it?

3) How can I restore my D drive?

was it partitioned and running on MS Windows?

try to boot up from Linux and check if the drive is still there.

sir im having problems sa lagayan ng memory module ko... when im using a ddr266 na 256mb ok nmn sa slot#1 then pgnililipat ko sa slot#2 yung memory it keeps on beeping... natunog cya, ive tried to clean the memory with an eraser bka du lng un.. pro ganun pa din natunog pa din cya... and tnry ko din palitan ng ddr400 pero ndi nya tinatanggap eventhough supported ng ddr400 ang mobo ko... what can i do? need help...

sir im having problems sa lagayan ng memory module ko... when im using a ddr266 na 256mb ok nmn sa slot#1 then pgnililipat ko sa slot#2 yung memory it keeps on beeping... natunog cya, ive tried to clean the memory with an eraser bka du lng un.. pro ganun pa din natunog pa din cya... and tnry ko din palitan ng ddr400 pero ndi nya tinatanggap eventhough supported ng ddr400 ang mobo ko... what can i do? need help...

hmm, mukhang may problema na yung slot.

yung slot ang linisin mo.

hi guys,

just this now. while i was working and surfing the net, my laptop (im using a Vista OS) suddenly hung and then a pop up suddenly came up with this message: HOST PROCESS FOR WINDOWS HAS STOPPED WORKING AND WAS CLOSED.

and then sunddenly it returned back to normal...

wat does this mean?

wat can i do about it?

hi guys,

just this now. while i was working and surfing the net, my laptop (im using a Vista OS) suddenly hung and then a pop up suddenly came up with this message: HOST PROCESS FOR WINDOWS HAS STOPPED WORKING AND WAS CLOSED.

and then sunddenly it returned back to normal...

wat does this mean?

wat can i do about it?

it just simply means that a program which is running is not 100% compatible with Vista.

Guys here is my problem..

I try to copy files from my workstation in office to my USB flash drive. but when i copied the files, it prompted "Media write protected" bla blah blah...

gnawa ng mga ogag na IT namin na i-write protect ang mga USB drives...how can i remove this write protection? pwde ko ba magawa ito in command prompt..

Need ur advise masters..

TIA

Guys here is my problem..

I try to copy files from my workstation in office to my USB flash drive. but when i copied the files, it prompted "Media write protected" bla blah blah...

gnawa ng mga ogag na IT namin na i-write protect ang mga USB drives...how can i remove this write protection? pwde ko ba magawa ito in command prompt..

Need ur advise masters..

TIA

your IT/company could be using a central solution which limits copying to USB/removable media. Afaik, Vontu and Websense have this. Can you have this validated first? tapos balikan mo kami dito.

i have a simple problem sir with my limewire, i installed the newest version ( with my old pc its working fine but i have a new pc now) the problem is nakalagay lang sa lower left ng limewire na "starting connection" i waited for abot 30 mins pero ganun pa din. for an hour ganun pa din. pano kaya paganahin un mga sir? thanks alot po mga sir :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

i have a simple problem sir with my limewire, i installed the newest version ( with my old pc its working fine but i have a new pc now) the problem is nakalagay lang sa lower left ng limewire na "starting connection" i waited for abot 30 mins pero ganun pa din. for an hour ganun pa din. pano kaya paganahin un mga sir? thanks alot po mga sir :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

this could mean:

1). you have a very slow connection.

2). you're personal firewall is on (do you have one? Windows XP has its own built-in).

3). P2P is blocked and not allowed on your ISP or network.

try reinstalling the software and see if that works.

im practically a dummy for these things sir, could you lay it out for me the instructions as to how to do this?

click Start -> go to Run -> type CMD

On CMD (black window) type "ipconfig /renew" (without the quotes).

See if that works.

usually it only renews your internal IP address which will not work with Rapidshare. You need to be able to renew your external IP address which is the one that Rapidshare "sees".

I think there is a free software that does this and re assigns a new external IP address for you to be able to download using Rapidshare...

Edited by j92806
click Start -> go to Run -> type CMD

On CMD (black window) type "ipconfig /renew" (without the quotes).

See if that works.

usually it only renews your internal IP address which will not work with Rapidshare. You need to be able to renew your external IP address which is the one that Rapidshare "sees".

I think there is a free software that does this and re assigns a new external IP address for you to be able to download using Rapidshare...

ok thanks...but wat about the thing he said " refresh and restart the dhcp client of your laptop to fix the issue."

what is that and how do i do it?

sir pede po ask kung pano ko maayus about sa network problem ko kz since dec lagi nag network timeout i-net ko kahit 2 pc lang gamit ko ehh 2.5mb ang speed ng bayantel dsl ko? and isa pa po lagi may lumalabas sa screen ko na Windows has encountered blah blah blah something like that I tried formatting it pero lagi nagkakaganun ( ser 3 use kong OS) pls sir help naman po.