Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

Follow up to my question:

Would either my pc or the flashdisk be damaged if I just pull out the flashdisk?

about 6 months ago i tried to test this theory

Its not a flash disk though but a memory card (produo pluggedin to a card reader and that plugged to the usb)

after 3 months of not using the 'safely remove hardware' thingy

my produo got corrupted

Im not sure if the theory is correct but....

sira na ung pro duo ko :cry:

Mga bro,

ask ko lang about antivirus xp2009, this is really antivirus or virus?

you need to activate daw kasi para mag stable ang OS. parang nag hang kasi..

TIA

XP Antivirus 2008, XP Antivirus 2009, and XPAntiVirus are rogue antivirus programs that, when run, display false results as a tactic to scare you into purchasing the software. Older versions of XP Antivirus would create 9 entries in your Windows Registry that impersonate infections on your machine. In reality, though, these registry entries were harmless and had absolutely no effect on your computer. Instead, these entries were set so that XP AntiVirus can find them when scanning your computer and report them as infections. The newer of versions of the program , such as XP Antivirus 2008 and XP Antivirus 2009, instead just display false results when scanning your computer that state infections were found. In order to remove these fake infections, though, you would first need to purchase the software as the trial does not allow you to remove them.

While running, XP Antivirus will also display fake alerts stating that you are infected or under attack from some type of threat. These alerts are fake and can be ignored. If you do click on the alert, though, it will prompt you to purchase the software. Examples of text contained in these alerts can be found below.

Privacy Violation alert!

XP antivirus detected Privacy Violation. Some program is secretly sending your private data to untrusted internet host. Click here to block this activity by removing threats (Recommended).

or

System files modification alert!

Some critical system files of your computer were modified by malicious program. It may cause system instability and data loss. Click here to block unathorised <sic> modification by removing threats (Recommended).

As you can see these programs are fraudware because they make changes to your computer and then state these changes are infections as a scare tactic to have you purchase the software. It goes without saying that under no circumstances should you buy it. The older program, XPAntivirus, does come with a removal option in the computer's Add or Remove Programs list, but when you attempt to uninstall it, all that happens is the entry is removed from the list and program's process is terminated. Next time you reboot, XP AntiVirus will start up again. The newer versions of the program do not contain an entry in the Add or Remove Programs list at all.

about 6 months ago i tried to test this theory

Its not a flash disk though but a memory card (produo pluggedin to a card reader and that plugged to the usb)

after 3 months of not using the 'safely remove hardware' thingy

my produo got corrupted

Im not sure if the theory is correct but....

sira na ung pro duo ko :cry:

been doing this to my flash drives for 3 years na pulling without safely remove hardware and buhay pa rin flash drive ko until today. m using kingston data traveller 512mb, 1gb and 4gb.

ok guys I'm planning on buying a processor/cpu fan. ang gamit ko kasi is yung stock lang. yung kasama sa processor noong pag bili ko. anyway my processor is AMD Phenom 9550 and i checked the box eh socket AM2+ daw. Now I'm just wondering if AM2 cpu fans eh puwede din ba sa AM2+ ?? kasi konti lang ang nakikita ko na AM2+ na fans eh.

also any suggestion what fan to get ? I mean brand and model ??

I have coolermaster and gigabyte in mind... third option ko is Zalman

thanks in advance.

Edited by zyclonenuz

good day po mga master!

tanong ko lang po... im currently using vista business on my laptop.. just wonderin' kapag bumli ako ng portble HDD and installan ng XP... pede ko po bang gamitin yung XP kapg plinug-in ko sa laptop?? ayaw ko kasi pang palitan os ko sa laptop... just askin... pardon me for my ignorance... TIA!!!

"Time of day clocked stopped" keeps appearing sa dell laptop computer ko d ako maka pasok sa OS ko

dell inspiron 1525 laptop ko saklolo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SA BIOS ba 2????? battery problem or something else???? help plsssssssssssss

probably a BIOS issue. try to update the software.

good day po mga master!

tanong ko lang po... im currently using vista business on my laptop.. just wonderin' kapag bumli ako ng portble HDD and installan ng XP... pede ko po bang gamitin yung XP kapg plinug-in ko sa laptop?? ayaw ko kasi pang palitan os ko sa laptop... just askin... pardon me for my ignorance... TIA!!!

pwede, you have to boot from your portable USB DASD. make sure drivers are also complete dun sa XP mo for that specific laptop.

Mga masters help naman dme mkapg DL ng Yhoo msenger n 2ng avira anti virus kkare instal k lng n2ng windos ko kse tpos ayaw ma download cla wat cud b da problem na DDL k plang ung mozilla firefox pro ung YM n ung AVIRA ayaw di ntatpos help nmn ...TNX

cellphone ba gamit mo habang tina type mo itong entry na ito? pa type ng maayos, so we can understand, and we can help.

good day mga sir, meron po akong external hard disk na hiniram ng friend ko. ngyon nun isinoli po nya ag click ko po meron pong lumalabas na error:

Cannot find script file "H:MyMP3.vbs"

pero gumagana naman po cya pag right clik and open or explore. pano ko po kaya to maaayos kase nag virus scan na po ako meron nakita and natanggal ko na din po. ang gamit ko pong anti virus is symantec antivirus...patulong naman po..tnx

good day mga sir, meron po akong external hard disk na hiniram ng friend ko. ngyon nun isinoli po nya ag click ko po meron pong lumalabas na error:

Cannot find script file "H:MyMP3.vbs"

pero gumagana naman po cya pag right clik and open or explore. pano ko po kaya to maaayos kase nag virus scan na po ako meron nakita and natanggal ko na din po. ang gamit ko pong anti virus is symantec antivirus...patulong naman po..tnx

open mo regedit mo

click start>run>regedit

then search mo dun by pressing ctrl and F

type mo dun yung mymp3.vbs

then delete the entry

press F3 hanggang matapos ang search and then exit na.

another one. guys, i need to free space in my c drive. 10GB lang kasi. i looked into the control panel and i dont understand some installed programs. not sure if its safe to remove them. here are the ff:

1. microsoft.net framework 1/2/3 service pack/hotfix - is it ok to remove this?

2. MSXML 4.0 SP2 - ok to remove this?

3. TablePCRT?

I think removing the above will create substantial free space in my drive c.

your inputs/advice will be appreciated. tnx

another one. guys, i need to free space in my c drive. 10GB lang kasi. i looked into the control panel and i dont understand some installed programs. not sure if its safe to remove them. here are the ff:

1. microsoft.net framework 1/2/3 service pack/hotfix - is it ok to remove this?

2. MSXML 4.0 SP2 - ok to remove this?

3. TablePCRT?

I think removing the above will create substantial free space in my drive c.

your inputs/advice will be appreciated. tnx

the first two programs are needed by MS . NET. If you are not a developer, you can have these removed.

TablePCRT - is a software informer (i dont know what this does), by 3M. Probably you are not using it too. You may remove it.

hello mtc peeps. how do i disable adware? i just thought i received a warning that i have to authenticate my server when opening my pc. can' t recall the exact advise. i just clicked yes so my pc will boot up. any advise? tnx

you dont disable it, you remove it.

use an adware/spyware/malware removal tool.

sinong may kopya ng sku011.cab?

Is this for MS Office 2k3? afaik, you can get it from your installer CD.

patulong naman...

1. ive got portable HD na nagcrash... wala ba kayo alam dito sa manila/pinas na nagrerecover ng nag crash na HD? if meron magkano naman... dati nababasa pa ung HD ko ngayon ayaw na mabasa... help lang sana dami ko files dun eh

2. may autorun.inf virus tong laptop ko... ive tried tips sa net kaso ayaw pa din mabura... anyone who knows how to remove it?

salamas ng marami...

patulong naman...

1. ive got portable HD na nagcrash... wala ba kayo alam dito sa manila/pinas na nagrerecover ng nag crash na HD? if meron magkano naman... dati nababasa pa ung HD ko ngayon ayaw na mabasa... help lang sana dami ko files dun eh

2. may autorun.inf virus tong laptop ko... ive tried tips sa net kaso ayaw pa din mabura... anyone who knows how to remove it?

salamas ng marami...

try mo bro avg or kaspersky anti virus for the autorun.inf