Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

guys tanong lang...pag nagdownload ka ng games diba naka zip or rar siya tapos divided by parts? Pano ba pagcocombine yung mga yun? Detailed instruction naman po please.Salamat ng marami.

for zip or rar, you only need to open the file with either the extension zip or rar and winzip/winrar will locate the rest of the files and "merge" them as a single archive. they just have to be on the same directory.

there are some "splits" that use other file splitting programs such as hjsplit - in which case, the files must be combined first using the same program used to split it. same as above, you have to have those files on a single directory before you use the file plitting program.

Merry Christmas to one and all ...

mag sir, help nmn po. meron me finormat n pc kc ang prob nya ayw n mgload ng windows. tpos minsan my lumalabas n isaas.exe pagnagloload cya. ngyn finormat ko my mga errors pa din n lumalabas. minsan ngrerestart ng kusa tpos my lumalabas din na windows registry-recovery dialog box tpos nkalagay dun one of the registry cannot recover at log on or alternative copy. recovery was successfull. gnyan po ung lumalabas pagnagload n ung windows. marami pa lumalabas n mga errors minsan eh kung ano2. ano possible problems? help po pls.

I need some technical advice guys, i recently formatted my pc because i assume that i was infected with a virus.. before this my pc use to do a sudden shotdown though the power indicator is still on, it just goes like that without a warning.. i thought i could take care of the virus by formatting my pc.. but the problems seems to be far from being solved.. after installing fresh windows XP (with sp2) i try and tested it, but the problem is still the same.. what you guys think? where does the problem lies? is it on my hardware? but to where? my pc shutdown on a different interval of time,sometimes even longer.. it just shuts down without a warning.. i appreciate anybody who can be of help, TIA! :goatee:

I need some technical advice guys, i recently formatted my pc because i assume that i was infected with a virus.. before this my pc use to do a sudden shotdown though the power indicator is still on, it just goes like that without a warning.. i thought i could take care of the virus by formatting my pc.. but the problems seems to be far from being solved.. after installing fresh windows XP (with sp2) i try and tested it, but the problem is still the same.. what you guys think? where does the problem lies? is it on my hardware? but to where? my pc shutdown on a different interval of time,sometimes even longer.. it just shuts down without a warning.. i appreciate anybody who can be of help, TIA! :goatee:

Does your PC go thru ordinary shutdown routine? if so, i can be both hardware (overheating chip/bad memory(hanging)) or software incompatibility ( what have you installed before this happened?) could you be more specific on your installed programs?

Does your PC go thru ordinary shutdown routine? if so, it can be both hardware (overheating chip/bad memory(hanging)) or software incompatibility ( what have you installed before this happened?) could you be more specific on your installed programs?

Does your PC go thru ordinary shutdown routine? if so, it can be both hardware (overheating chip/bad memory(hanging)) or software incompatibility ( what have you installed before this happened?) could you be more specific on your installed programs?

yeah it does, there are times that it doesn't do unsolicited shot down so i'm shutting it down myself. just yeterday when i was chatting at YM and surfing some site it shuts down again. my pc components are not even one year old from the date of my purchase, i'm really having a hard time assessing where the problem really lies.. i already isolated some of the parts like the memory or the video card but all works fine.. i can't say its overheating coz i did open my cpu and check the heat sink in the processor bay and its not that hot and on top of that i always keep the aircon in my room open every time i use my pc .. i have windows xp (sp2) installed on my pc, got IDM, norton internet security 2007 (licensed), mozilla firefox and the usual small programs that comes with winXP.. that's all i have installed coz i dont want to install everything so i can isolate the software issues and yet the problem still persist. any suggestions? i'll really appreciate it. TIA :goatee:

Edited by RedStag
I think the problem causing your computer to appear error isaas.exe was some of the registry you installed was not fully installed. try reformatting your hard drive again then install your operating system. If the same errors appear you can replace your hard drive a new one.

Hope it helps,

Happy new year!

ok sir i'll try to reformat it. same din kc naiicip ko n prob bka hardisk n ung prob coz nung inabutan ko ung pc baklas ung 2 160gb hdisk nya nkklat lng kya bka nga hdsik ung prob. s fren ko kc ung pc n un. e2 ung complete n lumalabas n error. one of the files containing the system's registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy - the recovery was successful. bka po meron sa inyo n nkaencounter n nito. TNX! tnx din sir chapsuey. happy new year!

yeah it does, there are times that it doesn't do unsolicited shot down so i'm shutting it down myself. just yeterday when i was chatting at YM and surfing some site it shuts down again. my pc components are not even one year old from the date of my purchase, i'm really having a hard time assessing where the problem really lies.. i already isolated some of the parts like the memory or the video card but all works fine.. i can't say its overheating coz i did open my cpu and check the heat sink in the processor bay and its not that hot and on top of that i always keep the aircon in my room open every time i use my pc .. i have windows xp (sp2) installed on my pc, got IDM, norton internet security 2007 (licensed), mozilla firefox and the usual small programs that comes with winXP.. that's all i have installed coz i dont want to install everything so i can isolate the software issues and yet the problem still persist. any suggestions? i'll really appreciate it. TIA :goatee:

sir ung vcard u b my fan? umiikot pa b cya? nangyayari din kc skin un, ung bglang magsshutdown ung pc. nreresolve ko nmn cya pagnililinis ko ung fan nung vcard kc minsan pagmarumi n at di n umiikot ngccause un ng hang or minsan shutdown ng pc. parti ung memory linisin u din gmitan u ng eraser or try u ilipat ng slot ung memory. baka sakaling makatulong. happy new year!

if memory were isolated, disk faults are checked and processor is cleared, I guess the last thing you have to check is the mainboard which in this case might be a possible cause of that problem.

I had the same case checked last 2 weeks and the culprit was the mainboard.... which has some faulty errors or unchecked bios compatibility... they replaced it and the worries are gone.

I hope you bring that PC of yours to a competent repair shop so they could really make a very good picture of your problem.

Let the pros do the things you can't really do anymore.

Hi need some help RE:

Compaq Presario V3617TU

Based on the specs,

I dont have the drivers for the Sound Card,IR,Card Reader,Lightscribe

& Network (Wifi)

Although I could use the dvd writer,

lightscribe wont work.

Here is what is in my Device Manager

They are in yellow question marks.

Other Devices

Ethernet Controller

Network Controller

PCI Devices

SM Bus Controller

Unkown Device

Thanks alot!

compaq is now under HP so chances are your complete set of drivers can be downloaded there - FREE.

www.hp.com

Lightscribe is unique as you can also burn the disk labels by just flipping the disk over. however, this burning of labels needs a special disk (disk with special coating so that interacts with the laser and thus allows you to write on it.) but these disks are currently costly.

But hey if you can affort a compaq with a lightscribe enabled hardware then chances are you can afford lightscribe enabled media as well.

www.lightscribe.com

Bumili ako ng domain pero walang domain manager kaya nag-sign ako sa freedns.afraid.org. Gusto ko sana yung www.MYDOMAIN.com at MYDOMAIN.com ko dumiretso sa aking site na hosted ng server na may nameservers na ns1.MYHOST.com at ns2.MYHOST.com tapos yung forums.MYDOMAIN.com ko ay sa Jcink forums gamit naman ay CNAME.

Eto yung ginawa ko:

for www.MYDOMAIN.com and MYDOMAIN.com

Type: NS

Subdomain: www

Domain: MYDOMAIN.com

Address: ns1.MYHOST.com

Type: NS

Subdomain: www

Address: ns2.MYHOST.com

Wala akong settings dun sa MYDOMAIN.com lang kasi di ko na malagay doon yung NS record, nag-aalala tuloy ako kapag ti-nype ng visitors ko ng walang www.

for forums.MYDOMAIN.com

Type: CNAME

Subdomain: forums

Address: b1.jcink.com

Hindi kasi ako sigurado kung tama yung gimawa ko. Sa ngayon, yung forums lang yung gumagana tapos down yung www. Di ko alam kung nagpro-propagate siya o naghihintay ako sa wala. :unsure:

sirs, i recently bought an external hard disk enclosure (3.5"), connected my HDD to it (the disk is Western Digital 160gig, partitioned into two), gumagana naman sya dati nung asa loob pa sya ng PC ko. when i plugged the USB enclosure to my pc, the pc was able to recognized "New hardware found", it even showed up on the "Safely Remove Hardware" utility, pero hindi ko sya makita sa MY COMPUTER...

help po mga sirs...

sirs, i recently bought an external hard disk enclosure (3.5"), connected my HDD to it (the disk is Western Digital 160gig, partitioned into two), gumagana naman sya dati nung asa loob pa sya ng PC ko. when i plugged the USB enclosure to my pc, the pc was able to recognized "New hardware found", it even showed up on the "Safely Remove Hardware" utility, pero hindi ko sya makita sa MY COMPUTER...

help po mga sirs...

a) try to open up the device manager first to check if the hardware was fully installed. dapat walang ! or ? dun sa mismong device.

B) if it is completely installed, turn off the enclosure, reboot the PC and after the PC has rebooted, open mo yung enclosure.

also, try to see if it can be located via Windows Exlorer and not via the My Computer route.

nangyayari din kasi sa akin yan minsan.

Edited by Google

Happy New year po,

My prob is this: I have an Intel Pentium 4 2.6Ghz 512MB and a 40 Gig hard disk. Suddenly my PC can not boot up anymore and I am thinking if it is a virus attached. I decided to reformat it and installed succefully the windows xp pro OS. When the computer was booting for the 1st time it hung at the welcome remarks but the weird thing is i can move the cursor of the mouse so it is impossible that the computer hungs. I waited almost 2 hours but no positive sign. I tried resetting it and still not booting up. I also tried booting in safe mode and fortunately the computer boot up but using safe mode. I tried restrting again anf the my pc still doesn't boot up. it still black but i can move the cursor. I tried replacing a new memory and a new hardrive and reinstalling again the whole xp installation, and was fully installed XP succesfully. When it will boot up for the 1st time it hung again to the getting started and won't go through the normal boot up. I also tried booting at safe mode and I can go in. when I restarted the pc it still won't boot. but my mouse was able to move. is it with cmos prob? please help.

Thanks

:mtc:

Happy New year po,

My prob is this: I have an Intel Pentium 4 2.6Ghz 512MB and a 40 Gig hard disk. Suddenly my PC can not boot up anymore and I am thinking if it is a virus attached. I decided to reformat it and installed succefully the windows xp pro OS. When the computer was booting for the 1st time it hung at the welcome remarks but the weird thing is i can move the cursor of the mouse so it is impossible that the computer hungs. I waited almost 2 hours but no positive sign. I tried resetting it and still not booting up. I also tried booting in safe mode and fortunately the computer boot up but using safe mode. I tried restrting again anf the my pc still doesn't boot up. it still black but i can move the cursor. I tried replacing a new memory and a new hardrive and reinstalling again the whole xp installation, and was fully installed XP succesfully. When it will boot up for the 1st time it hung again to the getting started and won't go through the normal boot up. I also tried booting at safe mode and I can go in. when I restarted the pc it still won't boot. but my mouse was able to move. is it with cmos prob? please help.

Thanks

check you windows installer it might be corrupted...

Not much of a Windows user, but if you can boot in safe mode, can you check if you have your drivers completely installed? It might be that normal login looks for some necessary software applications that aren't there yet.

Best thing to do though is to take it to a computer shop and have a tech look at it. It won't cost you so much.

Edited by Samhain13

Thanks for the advice and g\for some info. I don't want to go on a shop just for this. I know i can figure this out. I am just collecting info. that's why this room's created to give soltions to problems. Thanks anyway.

peace

Not much of a Windows user, but if you can boot in safe mode, can you check if you have your drivers completely installed? It might be that normal login looks for some necessary software applications that aren't there yet.

Best thing to do though is to take it to a computer shop and have a tech look at it. It won't cost you so much.

Happy New year po,

Thanks

Make sure that there are no external components installed in your PC (Printer, iPod, USB Drive) including the ethernet cable when installing the Operating System. If that still does not work, you may very well have a bad Operating System CD,

Make sure that there are no external components installed in your PC (Printer, iPod, USB Drive) including the ethernet cable when installing the Operating System. If that still does not work, you may very well have a bad Operating System CD,

EDIT LANG, MALI ASSESSMENT KO HEHE:

Make sure that there are no external components installed in your PC (Printer, iPod, USB Drive) including the ethernet cable when installing the Operating System. Kung ayaw talaga and it is possible that it might be a bootsector virus, do a low level format on the HDD, 40 gig naman yan eh. Try and research on how to do an MS-DOS debug script.

Thanks for the advice and g\for some info. I don't want to go on a shop just for this. I know i can figure this out. I am just collecting info. that's why this room's created to give soltions to problems. Thanks anyway.

peace

Ah, hehehe, sorry po at akala ko kasi urgent.

But you know what they say about collecting info-- Google is your friend. Search engines are there for a reason. :hypocritesmiley:

Thanks po. I don't have any external components installed in my pc when i'm installing the OS. and I am using new hard disk and memory now and already reinstall the OS using differnt CD installer of XP succesfully. When it is booting for the first time it doesn't go through the normal boot up. it stays in black but you can see the cursor of the mouse and if you move your mouse it moves. so it is not hanged. but if you boot using safe mode you can able to log in. In safe mode i was able to change the display settings. im thinking that the video card was causing problems to boot up. but after i restarted it's still not booting up.. sumasakit na ulo ko sa pc ko. huhu. anu po kaya ang problem?

This is very challeging for me..

peace

EDIT LANG, MALI ASSESSMENT KO HEHE:

Make sure that there are no external components installed in your PC (Printer, iPod, USB Drive) including the ethernet cable when installing the Operating System. Kung ayaw talaga and it is possible that it might be a bootsector virus, do a low level format on the HDD, 40 gig naman yan eh. Try and research on how to do an MS-DOS debug script.

Edited by chapsuey01002