Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

Questions mga bro....

Sa PC ko 2 hardisc isang main drive and slave. Non tingnan ko yon slave drive ko completely wala sya laman as in blanko pero pag tingin mo sa properties ng slave drive halos maubos yon disc space. Dating may laman yon pero ngayon as in wala. Hindi naka hidden angd mga files nito. Any solutions

check the drive using admin tools under control panel (winxp).

I haven't read most of the threads here, i'm assuming that there's already an answer for this... but just for the heck, i want to ask some assistance to this...

How do I make 2 desktop pc's access one DSL line? i dont have a router per se, but PLDT gave a sort of router/modem for our connection. I've tried every possible solution, from making one PC the host and another the guest, to creating another IP address.. still one of the pc's cannot connect. Maybe i was doing something wrong though... i need every bit of your 2 cents on this guys.. Thanks!

Guest Leviticus
I haven't read most of the threads here, i'm assuming that there's already an answer for this... but just for the heck, i want to ask some assistance to this...

How do I make 2 desktop pc's access one DSL line? i dont have a router per se, but PLDT gave a sort of router/modem for our connection. I've tried every possible solution, from making one PC the host and another the guest, to creating another IP address.. still one of the pc's cannot connect. Maybe i was doing something wrong though... i need every bit of your 2 cents on this guys.. Thanks!

guess ko lang eto ha.. I think I've encountered something like that with a digitel connection. ask PLDT technicals on how to access the router/modem like what is the router IP along with the usernamen and password. chances are the other port is disabled.

if they don't want to give you that information then you have no choice but to either get another router or a hub and another NIC card or just a NIC card if you know how to cross-crimp the CAT5 cable

the best solution is buy yourself a router; its not that expensive.

Questions mga bro....Sa PC ko 2 hardisc isang main drive and slave. Non tingnan ko yon slave drive ko completely wala sya laman as in blanko pero pag tingin mo sa properties ng slave drive halos maubos yon disc space. Dating may laman yon pero ngayon as in wala. Hindi naka hidden angd mga files nito. Any solutions
maybe naka-set yung slave drive as page file. you may want to check thru computer management -> disk managementto disable the page file, go to system properties -> advanced tab -> under performance, click settings -> advanced tab -> under virtual mem, click change.hope this helps...
guys, i have question...bakit some files sa pc ko, naka color blue na? For example, yung sa Flight Simulator ko, yung ibang files, naka color blue na...same thing sa iba din..d naman lahat ganun...is there an infection on my pc? i already scanned throughly pero walang results e...but Im not satisfied na wala....thanks for anyone that will help...
the blue color means that your files are temporarily compressed. that is usually because your drive is NTFS. there is no need to worry, it won't affect your PC negatively.Regards,JP

i have installed KIS 7 and my 3d application was working fine until the time i restared my pc. it prevented my application from opening up, though its running according to my task manager. my application's restriction is set to "allow" and i also tried pausing the program but to no avail. what seems to be the problem? i also had the same experience when i installed zone alarm.

There are 2 ways for you to access one DSL line and have it used by multiple computers.

1. Router - so easy . just connect the router to the modem. then you can have as many pcs connect to the router.

2. Software (Windows ICS or Internet Connection Sharing) . You need an extra LAN Card here. the 1st lan card youuse to connect your computer to the modem. Then the 2nd LAN card you use to connect to a HUB or another computer. As what the others said here, you need to k now how to cross crimp the cables.

i have installed KIS 7 and my 3d application was working fine until the time i restared my pc. it prevented my application from opening up, though its running according to my task manager. my application's restriction is set to "allow" and i also tried pausing the program but to no avail. what seems to be the problem? i also had the same experience when i installed zone alarm.

i'm guessing its an app conflict. try reading the sys req. for more info.

the best solution is buy yourself a router; its not that expensive.

actaully yan na lang nga tlga solution ko.are there any routers na pang 2-4 pc's lang? how much would that cost pala? I've done what leviticus has said, tried to talk to PLDT's custumer assistance. mukang naka disable nga yung ibang slots ng modem/router nila. I was actually just figuring out kung may work around dun, or how to activate those ports. baka may alam din na nagbebenta ng used routers or sumthin like that, let me know.

thanks for your help guys!

There are 2 ways for you to access one DSL line and have it used by multiple computers.

1. Router - so easy . just connect the router to the modem. then you can have as many pcs connect to the router.

2. Software (Windows ICS or Internet Connection Sharing) . You need an extra LAN Card here. the 1st lan card youuse to connect your computer to the modem. Then the 2nd LAN card you use to connect to a HUB or another computer. As what the others said here, you need to k now how to cross crimp the cables.

Now here's a thought... Ill try to look in to that software. I have basics on cross crimping cables, then again, are there things that I should be particular with? like if the cable is about 10-15 meters, would there be a change? or if one cable is like 5 meters and the other is 15 meters, should they have the same type of cable or could they be different from one another? also, is there a possibility that one end is not the same as the other end of the cable?

oh by the way, im sorry mods.. i just noticed that there is a topic for DSL queries. my bad...

Edited by wildzkie
Now here's a thought... Ill try to look in to that software. I have basics on cross crimping cables, then again, are there things that I should be particular with? like if the cable is about 10-15 meters, would there be a change? or if one cable is like 5 meters and the other is 15 meters, should they have the same type of cable or could they be different from one another? also, is there a possibility that one end is not the same as the other end of the cable?

oh by the way, im sorry mods.. i just noticed that there is a topic for DSL queries. my bad...

~wildzkie

maximum length covered by the ethernet standard is 100m.

i suggest that you go to a store and have it crimped. important: cross-config.

i'm guessing its an app conflict. try reading the sys req. for more info.

i've noticed that sometimes my application opens up and sometimes it doesn't and whenever i click on the program, it's status is always active when i check in my windows task manager even if it doesn't open up. is a firewall like kis recommended? or a good and updated anti-virus would be fine?

actaully yan na lang nga tlga solution ko.are there any routers na pang 2-4 pc's lang? how much would that cost pala? I've done what leviticus has said, tried to talk to PLDT's custumer assistance. mukang naka disable nga yung ibang slots ng modem/router nila. I was actually just figuring out kung may work around dun, or how to activate those ports. baka may alam din na nagbebenta ng used routers or sumthin like that, let me know.

thanks for your help guys!

its gonna cost you something like p2k for a linksys BEFSR41 4-port dsl router.