Speaker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yeah i agree.... for home theater its BOSE 5.1 (shet look at its price tag! It should be worth it and the technology its very good) ung wires mo for more clarity ung prang gold, much lesser resistance kasi then combi with a good Ampli.

for PC, its Altec for me 2nd ung Creative na 5.1

for car ung Kicker ung base.. then JBL na mid range tpos Sony explode na stereo or Pioneer.. ok nko dun

True audiophiles don't even bother with Bose. That company is infamous for producing grossly overpriced mediocre speakers. You can have even better sounding speakers for fractions less from other brands such as JBL, Klipsch, M&K, Polk Audio, etc.

Also. It's no accident that despite the company's long standing history, not one of its speakers is THX certified.

Edited by fry
True audiophiles don't even bother with Bose. That company is infamous for producing grossly overpriced mediocre speakers. You can have even better sounding speakers for fractions less from other brands such as JBL, Klipsch, M&K, Polk Audio, etc.

Also. It's no accident that despite the company's long standing history, not one of its speakers is THX certified.

sir, what is a "true" audiophile?

The quick answer to that question would be one who makes his buying decision based on specs and what he hears rather than what brand the speakers are. Bose has benefited a lot from consumer perception rather than the actual quality of the products they make. People often assume that Bose is "high end" simply because of the price, when in reality better sounding speakers at a fraction of the cost can be had from other brands.

I recommend visiting the boards at http://www.avsforum.com . Check out the existing threads regarding Bose. The audio junkies there have done a good job at explaining why Bose is a brand you will want to stay away from.

Of course the best way to decide on which speaker to buy is to audition them at the store. Pick 2 or 3 speakers that is within your budget, compare them side by side by playing the music that you personally listen to. Granted the speakers will sound somewhat different in your home as they did in the store (room size and shape influence what your ear will perceive), trying them out before you make the purchase is still the best way to about it.

In fact, I'll be buying a pair of PC 2.0 speakers this weekend. I've narrowed my choices down the Klipsch Pro Media and the M-Audio AV40.

The quick answer to that question would be one who makes his buying decision based on specs and what he hears rather than what brand the speakers are. Bose has benefited a lot from consumer perception rather than the actual quality of the products they make. People often assume that Bose is "high end" simply because of the price, when in reality better sounding speakers at a fraction of the cost can be had from other brands.

I recommend visiting the boards at http://www.avsforum.com . Check out the existing threads regarding Bose. The audio junkies there have done a good job at explaining why Bose is a brand you will want to stay away from.

Of course the best way to decide on which speaker to buy is to audition them at the store. Pick 2 or 3 speakers that is within your budget, compare them side by side by playing the music that you personally listen to. Granted the speakers will sound somewhat different in your home as they did in the store (room size and shape influence what your ear will perceive), trying them out before you make the purchase is still the best way to about it.

In fact, I'll be buying a pair of PC 2.0 speakers this weekend. I've narrowed my choices down the Klipsch Pro Media and the M-Audio AV40.

well then, i'd have to disagree with you; the blurb about bose speakers...

i do make my purchase based on specs, what i hear, and what i can afford. i do consider myself somewhat of an audiophile. amongst my equipment are a special order art audio jota single ended tube amp; a one of a kind cary tube pre amp; soliloquy, martin logan, and dali speakers, and a cary digital transport. i also have nakamichi, rotel, carver, even toshiba. but for the sake of disputing your assertion about audiophiles not bothering with bose, i also own bose 901s, 10.2s, am5s, and a lifestyle system.

or perhaps i'm only an audiophile wannabe... heheheheh :blush:

Bose is grossly overpriced. I don't know why so many people insist that bose is the best...just because their models can play loud music without breaking up doesn't mean its good. My former boss had a Bose sound system in his office, while the guy in the office next to him had the Klipsch Pro Media system. No contest. He sold the Bose within a week. Even at normal volume, you could pick up the little details from the Klipsch that wasn't noticeable from the Bose. Tested it with a few Radiohead albums.