Any recommended design for a DIY bio filter? I also have a 1500 gal koi pond.

Try google for the design. There's one design I saw wherein they used a plastic barrels as containers and they placed the filter on the upper part of the barrel and the bottom acted as a reservoir. Any ideas on what media to use aside from (washed) gravel? Filter balls perhaps but I dunno where to buy one...

posible bang frontosa family to? or burundi? ... for sure cichlid family to mga tol ano?

ganda ng kulay nung nahuli namin sa ilog ... sarap siguro buhayin sa aquarium nito ... pwede magpalambat ng fingerlings sa mga local fisherman.

any ideas anong isda to tol? :unsure:

the local residents in quezon calls it sigapo ...

see my post of caught fishes in calauag quezon. here

http://manilatonight.com/index.php?showtop...4011&st=100

post-133267-1180548908.jpg

Edited by splokok
boss more details please

if you are in binondo church tawid ka papunta dun sa bridge sa tapat..yun yung san fernando bridge..pag baba mo ng bridge kanan ka sa kanto ng starbucks tapos unang kanto kaliwa. straight ahead lang sa kanto ng intersection yun na yung chinatown petshop sa kanan

if you are in binondo church tawid ka papunta dun sa bridge sa tapat..yun yung san fernando bridge..pag baba mo ng bridge kanan ka sa kanto ng starbucks tapos unang kanto kaliwa. straight ahead lang sa kanto ng intersection yun na yung chinatown petshop sa kanan

Then look for David Choi

i used to have a marine set-up mga 5 years ago. i enjoyed it very much since i am also a diver but i think i lack the knowledge in maintaining it since i always either get the fishes or the corals dead within days.

i would love to go back to this hobby... i miss cartimar already hehehehe anybody has a reference literature on how to successfuly manage one?

yup ..i have two halide 150w @ 20K.....how much have i spent???? hehehhe i dont really want to think about it....but since you asked my gestimate is at least $10K in almost 4 years....maybe more..i dont want to really think about it. this tank started out at 20g and now it's 95g with 25 gallon sump....as far as the alkalinity and calcium....i use calcium blocks and dose with alkalinity and ph buffer powder mix. i had more fish die off than corals...sps and lps are growing. see the large clam ..i got that 3 yrs ago and that was a little smaller than the small one you see now. i gave away some pulsing xenias a month ago .....growing like weeds.

yes wolf ....i use a chiller for the tank if not my water temp would be like 88 degrees F