Latest Gadgets U Have Bought ?

GARMIN nuvi 265WT GPS for my Innova.

I bought this GPS from a friend of mine who is selling it on ebay.ph. It has the USA and Canada map the comes from the manufacturer. My friend load the Philippine routable map (www.roadguide.ph) maintained and compiled by Jan Vanslembrouck, who is a foreigner but speaks fluent Tagalog. The GPS has a 4.3" screen and is ready to use out of the box. Aside from a wide screen (compare to regular of 3.5"), this unit also has bluetooth. I easily paired it with my Nokia 2630. This gives me "hands-free" calls (receiving and calling) while I concentrate on driving.

I find this GPS very useful even in Metro Manila where I grew up and are familiar with the roads. One time I encountered heavy traffic along Ortigas. I make a left turn to Wilson and use the GPS to guide me thru San Juan's Little Baguio's winding road until I reach N. Domingo. I also use it from time to time going to Makati from Quezon City and it shows me many alternative way of reaching Makati (thus avoiding traffic).

I took the GPS on my trip to Tacloban and was pleased to see Jan also have detailed streets of Tacloban which makes it easier for me to find my hotel and to visit several historical places. It also helps me find an address in Ormoc and how to get there. When I am in a taxi, it tells me if I am being taken for a right or not by showing me the shortest distant from point A to point B.

A friend of mine borrowed my GPS and use it to chart the golf course of Forest Hill in Antipolo. He use the GPS to show him how far and what direction is the next hole in the golf course.

I am eager to take this GPS on my next trip to the USA and Canada and I am sure it will provide me very valuable information when I am sightseeing. Very very pleased with this purchase.

DaveT