Why do guys hurt women physically?

One thing I would never do and thankfully I still stand by it

Even if she cheated right on my face I even let her stab me and I didn't fought back good thing I survived

I'd rather hurt my self to let her see the pain she put me through

Edited by Hellmarch
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's hard to believe these stories.

My Dad never beat my Mom, I never beat my wife, my friends never beat their wives.

But I know our laws are fcuk up, always putting men at a disadvantage. That's why I won't blame my kids if someday they would get out of this country,

• 2 weeks later...

Women can actually hurt men more by words. Emotional damage may take years to fix or not at all. However, it is still not enough reason to hit a woman. If she's really pressing your buttons, just walk away. They might hit you when you do this, but still keep walking away. If this kind of thing happens too often, then ending the relationship is what's best for both of you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey,

a nice lady friend of mine brought up a shocking topic...

his 10th month old boyfriend would hurt him physically, everytime they talked on different issues.

Tell me why do some guys would lift their strong hands at delicate women?

( When I met the guy, ...I "Knocked" his head off and make him realized that a woman should be well taken cared of, treated well with utmost respect, and pampered. )

though I believe in the afterlife, why? why do men hurt women physically?

please kindly share your thoughts my fellow brother....

I don't know if you made him realize anything if he really hurt her repeatedly. Guys that are regularly abusive usually continue even after having their heads knocked off. Protect your friend and tell her to leave.

Anyway, it's psychology. Unfortunately, there are dozens, if not hundreds or thousands, of different reasons why men hurt women physically.

Some of the major and big-stroke reasons as far as I've learned.

1. They can do it with little to no consequence and it makes them feel good, a form of power - as creatures of testosterone, men crave it's release and are driven by it

2. It's a form of control - the man either has no time to think of other ways of control or is too lazy to bother with thinking of other ways, or believes that physical harm is the best control. It's an offshoot of power, but feeling in control feels good.

3. Insecurity - the man uses physical dominion as a way of relieving his insecurity as opposed to feeling power. This one is about bringing him to his personal definition or equilibrium.

4. Entitlement - "this woman is my property and I shall do as I wish"

5. Lack of empathy - "this woman is a person, but I don't care what happens to her, so whatevs"

6. Insecure about his intelligence - you mentioned talking about different topics. Some people are insecure about their intelligence with regard to conversation, some men happen to use physical violence to attain a "no contest" or "draw" state as they feel their argument or position on a topic falls apart. It's possible he doesn't talk to other people about arguable topics because he can't hit them in privacy.

7. Ignorance, lack of intelligence, or failure to learn - some people don't know what they are doing is wrong, or they don't know how wrong it is, or after learning something is wrong, it doesn't encode in their brain and they make the mistake again. This isn't a justification, it's an assessment of poor mental development.

These reasons can come from a number of sources in their psychological and developmental past. Past trauma, past failure, past lack of education, past lack of socialization, repressed rage issues, being spoiled by parents, relatives, or superiors, past "success" in hurting someone or past lack of punishment or consequences after hurting someone, et cetera, et cetera, ad nauseum.

Combining these factors, there are possibly millions of internal individual reasons men would disregard a woman's humanity and value and decide to hit them.

Solution suggested: education.

We educate boys and men that it's wrong, we teach them sympathy, empathy, and moral conduct.

We educate women and girls to report and not tolerate physical abuse and remind them that they can go to the police.

• 2 years later...