Fling Relationship! Yes Or No, Why?

If you're both single and unattached, I don't see anything wrong with flings. From experience, it also has a potential to turn into something serious.

correct. you should have no commitment with someone before flinging. ang mahirap kse minsan pag nde ksama gf/bf yung iba nagsisimula na mag fling lalo na pag type nila.

Siguro okay lang mag risk para sa mga talagang single. Pero this is not good when you are already in a relationship. I know a friend who is constantly dating this one guy. They are dating 'intimately.' Consenting adults, ika nga. Walang sabit si guy at walang sabit si girl They are, I think, just waiting for the right time to open up -- about what they feel and to, ask their 'status' as two dating individuals. As far as i know, exclusively dating naman sila.

i've never liked the idea of being someone's fling. i grew up valuing relationships and sincerity. so in turn, i've never thought of having someone as a fling.

pero para dun sa mga pabor dito na may fling, sana pareho kayo ng expectations. otherwise, kawawa yung may sincere feelings talaga. sleep.gif

i agree. ive been there my friend. years ago i have a girlfriend who went abroad for work. she is sincere, honest and very loving. never expect that she broke up with me because of another guy she met while working there. imagine our 8-year relationship going strong relationship shattered because of that. all i know from my xgf they started with "flings"

i agree. ive been there my friend. years ago i have a girlfriend who went abroad for work. she is sincere, honest and very loving. never expect that she broke up with me because of another guy she met while working there. imagine our 8-year relationship going strong relationship shattered because of that. all i know from my xgf they started with "flings"

i hate to seem mean, or to contradict myself, but if their "fling relationship" grew into something more serious, then it's no longer a fling, right? unsure.gif

to some degree, tama yung sinabi ni complicated8^. any relationship, no matter how seemingly great, can be taken over by someone who just happens to be there at the right time. but maybe, just maybe, both of them really fell for each other later on, even if it all started out as a fling. who's to say it didn't, except for the parties involved?

i sympathize with you. i hope you've moved on. if not, then i can only tell you to look at the bright side - better you found out even after 8 years, instead of after 10, or longer, or when things have become irrevocable or complicated (like if you and the girl got married and had kids).

sometimes the most hurtful things happen to us, so that much better things can happen next. peace. smile.gif

i hate to seem mean, or to contradict myself, but if their "fling relationship" grew into something more serious, then it's no longer a fling, right?

i sympathize with you. i hope you've moved on. if not, then i can only tell you to look at the bright side - better you found out even after 8 years, instead of after 10, or longer, or when things have become irrevocable or complicated (like if you and the girl got married and had kids).

sometimes the most hurtful things happen to us, so that much better things can happen next. peace.

He said it just started with a fling. Now it's no longer one since it became serious. 8 years would be tough to move on, unless they're relationship was already subsiding at the time.

The last statement is wishful/hopeful thinking. We won't know until time tells us.

He said it just started with a fling. Now it's no longer one since it became serious. 8 years would be tough to move on, unless they're relationship was already subsiding at the time.

The last statement is wishful/hopeful thinking. We won't know until time tells us.

be that as it may, i still think better things are in store for people who experience any misfortune in life, whether from broken-up non-fling relationships or not. life is a vicious cycle of ups and downs, but if you keep dwelling on the hurt instead of the good that came out of it or that which is yet to come, then you'll just end up feeling like a victim all your life.

good luck moving on then.

• 3 weeks later...

there is something sexually exhilirating sa fling relationship e. heheh. i have to admit. been into some. dont get me wrong, i love my gf in the truest sense. yun nga lang may ibang klaseng thrill lang talaga yung fling. one important thing lang. dapat both parties fully understand na its not permanent. short time lang. :)

• 2 weeks later...

there is something sexually exhilirating sa fling relationship e. heheh. i have to admit. been into some. dont get me wrong, i love my gf in the truest sense. yun nga lang may ibang klaseng thrill lang talaga yung fling. one important thing lang. dapat both parties fully understand na its not permanent. short time lang. :)

Agree ako d2:D problem lng eh mahirap lng talaga pag ang babae nman ang nagkaroon ng fling:D iba ang dating. para kang binambo ka ng baseball bat:p hehe

think a fling should be a short term thing. once you start considering something longer then the status should change. weeks to months would be fine but a year might be too much.

or we can apply what de niro said in "heat"... if you can leave in 15secs then it would be a fling.

Hmmm... I have a gf pero I still engage in flings. Better if may ka-relasyon din na iba yung ka-fling ko. Like now, I have a fling that's some lawyer's gf. For me kasi, flings are fun and dangerous... I like the thrill of it, the hiding, the discreet dates, the fear of being caught etc...

Sometimes iniisip ko din it's something like what serial killers feel. In the sense that serial killers somehow think that they'd be caught eventually but not too soon. Weird analogy :blink: