San Miguel Beer

Hi there!! I am a big San Miguel Beermen fan ever since Allan Caidic was traded to San Miguel. Just recently started reading this thread. San Miguel is really playing great right now. Chot Reyes seems like getting the best out of all his players.

Whats with Jopit and his infatuation with Cabagnot??? IS he in love with Cabagnot?? Why doesnt he just create a thread of his own for Cabagnot.. Parang kulang sa pansin toh.. Kind of annoying.

Any of the Guys wanna volunteer to Create a thread for alex cabagnot.... gawin ninyong subtitle: better than A.I., better than Kobe hahahahaha....

Di kaya si jopit nga si alex cabagnot? hmmmm.....

Hehehehehe.... para di OT.... if Ginebra wins tonight, then San Miguel and Ginebra would automatically be qualified in the semifinals.... If red bull wins on the other hand, it would be Ginebra (12-5), San Miguel (12-5) and Red-Bull (12-6), which would make Monday's game against Air21 must win to go direct to the semis.

sa moro ba nagppractice ang smb? kala ko sa ibang gym.

huwag ka po makinig sa nagsasabi ng kung ano ano eh sa lahat ng sinabi niya wala pang tumama, boot out boot out boot out :cool:

para di OT SMB used to practice at the gym in acropolis village sa may libis when they were still under jhong, he lives there, but i know they still practice there i watched a practice game SMB and Kings on that gym once.

Hmmm guys just a thought, let me know what you guys think about making a petition to the MODS to boot somebody out? We can make it here and we just add our names if we want somebody out of the thread or MTC as a whole.

padre,

agree ako sayo....i 2nd, 3rd and 4th the motion to kick someones ass out of this thread. ;)

mga kaibigan. nag share lang ako ng info and hope lahat naman tayo ay open sa mga latest developments dito sa mtc. may freedom of sharing ideas tayo and i do hope na lahat tayo ay magkakaibigan. mapa seigle man o cabagnot lahat ay magagaling sa larong basketball at kung magkapalitan man sila ng team ay irespeto natin. kung malaki man ang deal ni alex ay nasa company na iyon at tayo ay sumusunod lamang

Peace and merry xmas.

6 points? Naku papanu na yung endorsement contract nya with Nike? Baka kahit Grosby na class A di sya kunin para mag endorse. Create own thread? hahahaha pwede na add na lang sa most hated sports columnists ba yon hehehe

tsk tsk! kawawa naman si jopit...

cabagnot's making a liar out of you... :thumbsdownsmiley:

I like the rotation of SMB right now. There are quality players subsituting for every position. The players coming off the bench are surely contributing. Well, if you have Ildefonso coming off the bench, then that's abig plus. Probably that's his role now and it seems he's getting comfortable with it. With a lot of injuries coming his way the last 2 years, he's more refreshed coming off the bench -- less minutes but more contribution.

yep! u got that right my friend! ganda ng rotation...

did u see their last game? lordy started the 3rd qtr breakaway...

tas it was the dynamite that buried tnt...

yes andun nga si cabagnot nung game di niya nakita?

nagmomop ng floor...hayaan niyo na yan nag iipon lang yan ng post kasi di makapasok sa mga restricted na area sa mtc...sige boy konti nalng :lol:

para di OT ganda yung 2 moves bi siegle last game yung sinabayan siya ni washington and took it sa kabila lahat ng tao napa woahhh kahit mga fans ng talk and text :cool: ...and the shake and bake move...astig...pero kaya yan ni cabagnot yung gumawa ng shake at mag bake ng cake...

i wld've preferred he dunked it over them!

jay wash the next danny seigle? hmmm... NOT!!!

I wonder how Maricar De Mesa feels that her hubby is schooled by her former Guy. :D Nagmukhang ewan si Allado :lol:

tsismis to ah...!

didn't know that the dynamite used to date maricar de mesa...

sa moro ba nagppractice ang smb? kala ko sa ibang gym.

sa mundo ni jopit... oo!

mga kaibigan. nag share lang ako ng info and hope lahat naman tayo ay open sa mga latest developments dito sa mtc. may freedom of sharing ideas tayo and i do hope na lahat tayo ay magkakaibigan. mapa seigle man o cabagnot lahat ay magagaling sa larong basketball at kung magkapalitan man sila ng team ay irespeto natin. kung malaki man ang deal ni alex ay nasa company na iyon at tayo ay sumusunod lamang

Peace and merry xmas.

maybe some of us just isn't interested?

the thread topic reads... San Miguel Beermen and not Alex Cabagnot!

tsismis to ah...!

didn't know that the dynamite used to date maricar de mesa...

hehehe nalaman ko yan sa Danny Seigle Thread sa PBA Forums. Pero Matagal na silang hiwalay panahon pa ni Maricar de mesa sa Bubble Gang at sa LaSalle pa ata si Allado nun. The Dynamite's Current chick is Model Rossane Prieto. :thumbsupsmiley:

hehehe nalaman ko yan sa Danny Seigle Thread sa PBA Forums. Pero Matagal na silang hiwalay panahon pa ni Maricar de mesa sa Bubble Gang at sa LaSalle pa ata si Allado nun. The Dynamite's Current chick is Model Rossane Prieto. :thumbsupsmiley:

haha matagal na nga yon! sino naman si rosanne prieto?!

mukhang inspired si dynamite masyado lately... hehe!

all the while I thought si kyla fernandez (yung sa smb commercial) gf nya

Kahit no bearing... panalo pa rin :D

Lordy Tugade scored 19 points off the bench to lead San Miguel Beer’s balanced scoring which propelled the Beermen to a 108-104 decision over the Air 21 Express on Christmas night before a record crowd of 17,779 at the Araneta Coliseum.

The Beermen have already secured their place in the semifinals of the Talk ‘N Text-PBA Philippine Cup but their performance against the Express appeared as if they were fighting for survival.

The Beermen dominated the game throughout but had to dig deep to overcome scary moments down the stretch when Air21 made a desperate run.

The Express appeared down and out when they fell behind by 27 points late in the second quarter. But they hung tough and nearly turned the game around with their determination.

“We stop playing after the first half. We thought it was over. I’ve been telling the boys the game of basketball is a continuous game. It’s not like a switch that you can turn it off and on,” said SMB’s Chot Reyes who won seven straight games for the first time in his career as PBA head coach, after failing in his six previous tries – the first four with Purefoods between 1993 and 1996 and the last two with Coca-Cola in 2003.

“We almost paid the price but we made some big shots down the line,” he added.

San Miguel Beer held an 81-69 lead after three quarter but Air 21 rallied behind hot hands of Gary David before Ranidel de Ocampo made two free throws that pulled the Express within 96-101 with 3:01 left.

The Beermen responded with six straight points that made the count 107-96 and seemed to have put the game away with 1:58 remaining.

But the Express refused to give up.

David, who scored 14 of his career-high 34 points in the fourth quarter, scored on a reverse shot then completed a three-point play and Ranidel de Ocampo drained a 3-pointer that pulled the Air 21 threateningly close at 104-107 with 24 seconds left.

Air21 had a chance to make it a one-point game or even tie the count when Romel Adducul failed on an inbound, getting caught with a five-second violation for a turnover.

But Ranidel de Ocampo, who took charge of Air 21’s crucial play missed on a semi-hook shot with Adducul defending him. The SMB center-forward then went on to redeem himself by grabbing the defensive rebound which all but secured the win.

The loss was Air21’s 11th against seven wins which the Express will carryover into the single round wildcard phase.

Adducul got things in the early goings for the Beermen, who notched their seventh consecutive victory and closed out the classification round with a 13-5 (win-loss) record. Adducul went 5-for-5 from the field in the first half for 10 points and Dorian Pena and Danny Ildefonso combined for 7-of-11 shooting from the perimeter as SMB’s big men took the scoring brunt from the Danny Seigle, the team’s top scorer, who struggled in the opening half.

The Beermen posted its first double digit lead at 15-4 on a basket by Adducul with still 6:54 left in the first quarter.

SMB virtually put the game away late in the second quarter with a 10-to-nothing run over a three-minute span which gave the Beermen an insurmountable 57-30 advantage with 3:20 remaining in the period. Gabby Espinas had six points in that run that ended on Adducul’s last basket of the half.

After a two-point first half, Seigle warmed up in the second half and finished with 16 points, the same output tallied by Adducul. (DBC)

The scores:

San Miguel Beer 108 – Tugade 19, Adducul 16, Seigle 16, Espinas 12, Ildefonso 11, Pena 11, Racela 9, Tenorio 6, Hontiveros 4, Wilson 2, Calaguio 2, Gonzales 0.

Air21 104 – David 34, Canaleta 18, de Ocampo Y. 14, de Ocampo R. 11, Santos 7, Telan 7, Arboleda 7, Sotto 2, Billones 2, Avenido 2, Dimaunahan 0, Bernardo 0.

Quarterscores: 34-20, 63-40, 81-69, 108-104.