San Miguel Beer

SMB won over sister company Purefoods!

they totally dominated the game from the onset...

not to sound arrogant or anything but it seemed that PF never had a chance..

they played the game of SMB... Adducul was great in running the floor...

of course also and very much noteworthy was the splendid explosion of The Dynamite!

It's glad to have him back after missing the TNT game!

is it true na balak i-trade ng san miguel si danny seigle at dondon hontiveros sa sta lucia in exchange of alex cabgnot?

san mo naman nakuha ito?! I honestly doubt the veracity of this statement...

perhaps kuung straight one on one trade lang between cabagnot and hontiveros pwede pa...

pero isasama si dynamite danny? I doubt it... perhaps throw kelly williams into the equation...

walang sense na i-trigger yan trade na yan... just look at how important danny s. is to the beermen...

if I were SMB... bigay na lang nila si gabby espinas and chris calaguio plus cash for kelly williams...

according to smb staff who refused divulge his name. chot reyes believes that alex cabagnot of sta lucia is the pinoy version of allen iverson that's why he is letting danny seigle and dondon hontiveros to be traded to sta lucia in exchange of alex. salary cap is also another reason why they decided to let the two smb stars go. after the game tonight baka magka pirmahan na. for good reasons, alex asked the management of smb to make sure that he can get the real playing time he wants and perhaps a big perks in every win game of smb. he also wants to use the jersey#3 of iverson as the new smb superstar to watch.

according to smb staff who refused divulge his name. chot reyes believes that alex cabagnot of sta lucia is the pinoy version of allen iverson that's why he is letting danny seigle and dondon hontiveros to be traded to sta lucia in exchange of alex. salary cap is also another reason why they decided to let the two smb stars go. after the game tonight baka magka pirmahan na. for good reasons, alex asked the management of smb to make sure that he can get the real playing time he wants and perhaps a big perks in every win game of smb. he also wants to use the jersey#3 of iverson as the new smb superstar to watch.

I still think it is stupidity. Unless it's Allen Iverson mismo siguro and not somebody who impersonates AI. Chot will not be forgiven by the SMB fans pag ginawa nya yon.

I still think it is stupidity. Unless it's Allen Iverson mismo siguro and not somebody who impersonates AI. Chot will not be forgiven by the SMB fans pag ginawa nya yon.

hehehe AI for san miguel? ayos!!!

i dont think this trade will prosper. hope not

Speaking of Coach Ron Jacobs, one of his principles is that, "we'll let you beat us with jumpshots but not from the paint" that's how tight his defenses are.

Coach ron built the system for the SMB dynasty

hehehe AI for san miguel? ayos!!!

i dont think this trade will prosper. hope not

Speaking of Coach Ron Jacobs, one of his principles is that, "we'll let you beat us with jumpshots but not from the paint" that's how tight his defenses are.

Coach ron built the system for the SMB dynasty

I'm glad to see with San Mig lately yung style ni Ron Jacobs before with NCC na after they make a free throw shot they will apply the full court press on the opposing team. Very effective in my book.

honestly... salary cap isn't an issue with SMC... we all know how generous Danding is to his players...

take the case of Eugene Tejada... until now may salary pa rin syang nakukuha from Purefoods despite his contracting expiring last July! so I doubt that yan ang compelling reason for the trade... however regarding him receiving better perks? I doubt this epecially since team policy ata ng SMB that all bonuses are standard (based on the Ildefonso contract offered by Tanduay years ago wherein SMB matched the max salary but not the allowances and bonuses) so I doubt that Cabagnot would get such...

now does it make sense to get alex cabagnot?! first of all they have LA Tenorio at the point so where does Alex fit in the equation?! how abt the 2 spot? well.. he'd be very much like Danny S. in the sense that they're both walking mismatches when played at the SG position... Seigle is too tall for the SG while faster (even taller) than most SF/PF/C to guard! Cabagnot on the other hand wld be smaller... though may possess some speed advantage... over his defenders... but come defense he'd have to guard heftier SG... cause of concern for Coach Chot!

If I were chot... ok lang i-trade si Seigle and Hontiveros but please get Kelly Williams and Alex Cabagnot for it!

Sobrang lopsided ng trade kung ibibigay mo both si Dondon Hontiveros and Danny Seigle!

Yan dalawang yan pa naman ang mga gustong players ni Coach Ron... remember that Coach Ron was largely responsible why dondon transferred to the PBA... while it was also Coach Ron that took Danny S. over Asi Taulava years ago...

based on the smb insider, the deal will be signed this afternoon but alfrancis chua is very upset with the proposed deal by SLR mangement. According to Chua, alex cabagnot is very important to SLR and no San Miguel player can cover the spot expected to be left by cabagnot.

Alex is a gem to us! Danny Seigle and Dondon Hontiveros are good players but I think Alex is the future of the PBA. Sources said that after the transfer and end of his contract by December, Cabagnot is asking for a maximum pay of 350,000 imposed by the PBA rules and a guaranteed 10 year contract. A sign-in bonus of a luxurious BMW car, an smb warehouse property after consuming 5years of its contract and reasonable cash is also being asked by his manager as part of sweetening the pot.

Scoresheet last night, I still wonder why they want this trade?

San Miguel 113 – Seigle 33, Pena 21, Tugade 16, Hontiveros 15, Ildefonso 10, Tenorio 8, Adducul 3, Gonzales 2, Wilson 2, Calaguio 2, Racela 1, Espinas 0.

Sta. Lucia 98 – Williams 18, Cabagnot 16, Espino 15, Mendoza 14, Omolon 9, Gonzales 8, Duremdes 5, Aquino 5, Calimag 4, Catli 3, Isip 2, Bughao 0.

based on the smb insider, the deal will be signed this afternoon but alfrancis chua is very upset with the proposed deal by SLR mangement. According to Chua, alex cabagnot is very important to SLR and no San Miguel player can cover the spot expected to be left by cabagnot.

Alex is a gem to us! Danny Seigle and Dondon Hontiveros are good players but I think Alex is the future of the PBA. Sources said that after the transfer and end of his contract by December, Cabagnot is asking for a maximum pay of 350,000 imposed by the PBA rules and a guaranteed 10 year contract. A sign-in bonus of a luxurious BMW car, an smb warehouse property after consuming 5years of its contract and reasonable cash is also being asked by his manager as part of sweetening the pot.

Who does Cabagnot think he is? Ramon Fernandez, Alvin Patrimonio and Robert Jaworski rolled into one? What has he proven so far to demand such contract?

Scoresheet last night, I still wonder why they want this trade?

San Miguel 113 – Seigle 33, Pena 21, Tugade 16, Hontiveros 15, Ildefonso 10, Tenorio 8, Adducul 3, Gonzales 2, Wilson 2, Calaguio 2, Racela 1, Espinas 0.

Sta. Lucia 98 – Williams 18, Cabagnot 16, Espino 15, Mendoza 14, Omolon 9, Gonzales 8, Duremdes 5, Aquino 5, Calimag 4, Catli 3, Isip 2, Bughao 0.

Two words, NO WAY!

Edited by peep_tom

where was Alex Cabagnot when both Dondon and Danny S. were busy dismantling SLR?

sabagay... di naman masama mangarap... who does he think he is anyway?!

FYI di na pwede long term contracts... the most one can offer is a 3yr deal...

tsaka sa talent ni Alex Cabagnot.. I'd rather invest my money on Kelly Williams...

pero sabagay... di naman masama mangarap :upside: :unsure: