San Miguel Beer

After acquiring Adducul and Tugade in a 3 team trade....

San Miguel line up is getting stronger...

and Danny I, Danny S is fast recuperating from their injuries...

San Miguel instantly is a title contender...

Line-up:

Rommel Adducul 6'6*

Dorian Pena 6'6

Danny Ildefonso 6'6*

Danny Seigle 6'6*

Omanzie Rodriguez 6'6

Gabby Espinas 6'4

Lordy Tugade 6'2*

Don2 Hontiveros 6'2

Cris Calaguio 6'1

Kiko Adriano 6'

Olsen Racela 5'10*

LA Tenorio 5'8

* bEST 5

Very strong line-up....

What do you think mga bros...

So RA = Rommel Adducul pala; not Rich Alvarez :)

yep yep! :D

ahh

redbull traded tugade simply because of fonacier

o kaya naman may feud sila ni guiao kaya konti playing minutes niya

at last adducul is out of ginebra

wala ng career si mark kong

heheh

hubalde pg sa ginebra?

wala lalong playing time

sayang ang batang to

so well see more playing time for rich alvarez i guess.

wala ng nakakagulat sa pba

lahat pwede mangyari

mga star players pinapamigay nalang ng ganun ganun

is hontiveros playing?

neither... redbull didn't trade lordy because of fonacier or any feud with coach yeng

ok naman sila... actually larry n lordy complements each other...

though admittedly larry feeds more off lordy than lordy does with larry

Silly trade by Red Bull. Practically Lordy Tugade for nothing. They gave up one space eater in the reserve list to get two more bigger bodies that they will never use. Just to make things more sour than they already are, gave up their first round pick in the 2007 draft which already looks to be very deep. If this trade proves disastrous and Red Bull finishes in the bottom pack this year, that pick will haunt them.

He's the cornerstone of their offense. I don't know what they're smoking, but they are kidding themselves if they believe they can be as successful without Tugade in the rotation. They don't have anyone who can fill in his shoes. Not Larry Fonacier (who is better playing the Point Forward position and feeding off to Tugade), not Rich Alvarez (who cannot be a consistent shooter in the PBA now to save his life. He is more of a taller poor man's version of Rudy Hatfield), not Junthy Valenzuela. Even the big numbers of their big men will suffer once the complimentary outside threat is not there.

Tugade is worth at least a decent first round pick. Red Bull should have gotten one of the excess 2 guards in the San Miguel line-up (Calaguio or Gonzales or both) plus a first round draft pick to make this sense at least palatable.

not really a silly trade dude... sometime u gotta do what you gotta do...

kinda like what they did with willie miller back then when he was shipped out to TnT

albeit different reasons... it all boiled down to winning!

as for who will replace him... basketball is a team game and so long as you have 5 players kaya naman!

I'm hoping leo najorda will blossom... ganda ng ginawa nya sa last game nila versus ginebra!

bt as to why redbull didn't ask for chris or wesley... I really have no idea!

wala kasing pera ngyn ang redbull so bawas ng star players. baka nga may cash involved pa sa deal eh. i was wondering nga last sunday why hinde pinalaro c tugade versus ginebra naka uniform naman may trade in the works pala

di naman siguro dahil walang pera... dahil the thing is... kung wala silang pera might as well disband the team altogether...

the main reason why lordy wasn't fielded in the game versus ginebra was that he was claiming na may knee injury sya... :D

article from pdi

SMB parades Adducul, Tugade vs Aces today

Inquirer

Last updated 01:41am (Mla time) 10/20/2006

Published on Page A27 of the October 20, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

WITH A HEAVY heart, Red Bull yesterday let go of Lordy Tugade, a vital part of the Bulls’ past PBA championships, following a three-team multiplayer, multi-pick deal that seemed most beneficial to struggling San Miguel Beer.

“It’s a pity that this had to happen,” Red Bull coach Yeng Guiao told the Inquirer on the phone. “We were together since the start (when Red Bull entered the PBA) and we bled together for those (titles).”

Red Bull got San Miguel’s relief big men Migs Noble and Michael Kong after giving up only Paolo Hubalde and its first and second round picks in next year’s Rookie Draft.

While the Beermen loaded the shooting guard position with Tugade’s arrival, San Miguel also addressed a pressing problem in the middle after acquiring former Barangay Ginebra center Romel Adducul from Red Bull.

Adducul, who has been asking to be traded for lack of playing time at Ginebra, was initially shipped to the Bulls who also gave up their first round pick in 2008.

“I actually don’t know any of the other details (of the deal), other than losing Lordy,” Guiao said. “I wish him well and I know that he also wishes us well.”

Another Red Bull source, though, said that Tugade had been “acting up” since renewing his pact with the team a few weeks before the start of the season.

“He was showing the team that his heart was no longer here,” said the source, who requested anonymity, in Filipino. “The last straw as to why management and the coaching staff let him go was a knee injury he supposedly has, which team doctors said was nothing.”

Adducul and Tugade get an early chance to show their worth when the Beermen, still seeking a first win in the Philippine Cup, clash with Alaska today at the Ynares Center in Antipolo City.

With Danny Seigle and Danny Ildefonso still out of commission because of injuries, Adducul comes in handy to this squad, the only winless side after more than two weeks of the tourney.

The game is set at 7:30 p.m. just after Talk ‘N Text tries to rebound from a shock loss to the Air21 Wednesday night. Musong Castillo

article from pdi

SMB parades Adducul, Tugade vs Aces today

Inquirer

Last updated 01:41am (Mla time) 10/20/2006

Published on Page A27 of the October 20, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

WITH A HEAVY heart, Red Bull yesterday let go of Lordy Tugade, a vital part of the Bulls’ past PBA championships, following a three-team multiplayer, multi-pick deal that seemed most beneficial to struggling San Miguel Beer.

“It’s a pity that this had to happen,” Red Bull coach Yeng Guiao told the Inquirer on the phone. “We were together since the start (when Red Bull entered the PBA) and we bled together for those (titles).”

Red Bull got San Miguel’s relief big men Migs Noble and Michael Kong after giving up only Paolo Hubalde and its first and second round picks in next year’s Rookie Draft.

While the Beermen loaded the shooting guard position with Tugade’s arrival, San Miguel also addressed a pressing problem in the middle after acquiring former Barangay Ginebra center Romel Adducul from Red Bull.

Adducul, who has been asking to be traded for lack of playing time at Ginebra, was initially shipped to the Bulls who also gave up their first round pick in 2008.

“I actually don’t know any of the other details (of the deal), other than losing Lordy,” Guiao said. “I wish him well and I know that he also wishes us well.”

Another Red Bull source, though, said that Tugade had been “acting up” since renewing his pact with the team a few weeks before the start of the season.

“He was showing the team that his heart was no longer here,” said the source, who requested anonymity, in Filipino. “The last straw as to why management and the coaching staff let him go was a knee injury he supposedly has, which team doctors said was nothing.”

Adducul and Tugade get an early chance to show their worth when the Beermen, still seeking a first win in the Philippine Cup, clash with Alaska today at the Ynares Center in Antipolo City.

With Danny Seigle and Danny Ildefonso still out of commission because of injuries, Adducul comes in handy to this squad, the only winless side after more than two weeks of the tourney.

The game is set at 7:30 p.m. just after Talk ‘N Text tries to rebound from a shock loss to the Air21 Wednesday night. Musong Castillo

mahirap paglaruin ang palyer na ayaw maglaro!

katulad ni tmac!

hahah

not really a silly trade dude... sometime u gotta do what you gotta do...

kinda like what they did with willie miller back then when he was shipped out to TnT

albeit different reasons... it all boiled down to winning!

as for who will replace him... basketball is a team game and so long as you have 5 players kaya naman!

I'm hoping leo najorda will blossom... ganda ng ginawa nya sa last game nila versus ginebra!

bt as to why redbull didn't ask for chris or wesley... I really have no idea!

As for parting at the right time, the trade made sense. You're right, if he has to go, he has to go. What I found silly and perplexing was leaving that 2 position in a vaccum when they could have asked for any of the excess guards that San Miguel had to at least alleviate Tugade's absence. At least in the short term. I agree that basketball is a five man game and teams will have to find ways of winning, but until Red Bull finds it, they shgould stick to what they have which has been successful. Unfortunately that system needs at least a decent 2 to run properly. Now they have to work double time to overhaul what they have to fit in the people that they have left.

Edited by blue_blooded
As for parting at the right time, the trade made sense. You're right, if he has to go, he has to go. What I found silly and perplexing was leaving that 2 position in a vaccum when they could have asked for any of the excess guards that San Miguel had to at least alleviate Tugade's absence. At least in the short term. I agree that basketball is a five man game and teams will have to find ways of winning, but until Red Bull finds it, they shgould stick to what they have which has been successful. Unfortunately that system needs at least a decent 2 to run properly. Now they have to work double time to overhaul what they have to fit in the people that they have left.

actually what I find weird abt out the whole thing is that RB didn't even use migs noble (which kahit pano is a serviceable big man in the league) esp now that teams are building up on their front line... and they're even considering shipping him out to another team although talks are still in the preliminary stage...

I must admit you do have a point... they have chris calaguio and kiko adriano at their disposal naman... dondon hontiveros should have been the most logical replacement given their similarities in their game and age but SMB didn't want to part ways with him... kaya I am also perplexed... maybe coach yeng wants to revert back to the 2 guard instead of the 3 guard line up... ito yung pumatay kasi sa kanya last conf in their title match vs purefoods... pinatay sila ni pingris inside! di kinaya ng 3 guard line up nila yung frontline ng purefoods...

redbull was able to obtain the 2008 first and second round pick of smb... I'm assuming that yon draft pool that year wld be quite deep... dyan papasok sila ken bono, jv casio, etc. even japeth might make a comeback and enter the league... yun nga lang given that this year ang rebuilding stage ng SMB and the players they have taken in medyo malabo na bagsak pa din performance nila... di pwedeng mangyari yun... malabong pumayag si boss danding nyan!

Edited by kLique
^Si Adriano pa pala. Nandiyan pa si Siegle, Tugade, Calaguio, Hontiveros at Gonzales. Nag stockpile ng 2 ang San Miguel.

hindi kaya gusto ni coach chot ang 3 guard line up?

after all sabi naman nya na gusto nya ng up-tempo style of bball...

ipadala na lang sa coke si calaguio tsaka gonzales!

hindi kaya gusto ni coach chot ang 3 guard line up?

after all sabi naman nya na gusto nya ng up-tempo style of bball...

ipadala na lang sa coke si calaguio tsaka gonzales!

everyboy agrees that it's a good trade in Adducul's case. pero kawawa naman si Calguio sa nangyari. pag nagkataon sya mawawalan ng playing time once Tugade's knee becomes healthy.

everyboy agrees that it's a good trade in Adducul's case. pero kawawa naman si Calguio sa nangyari. pag nagkataon sya mawawalan ng playing time once Tugade's knee becomes healthy.

mukhang hindi ganun kadali palitan c calagiuo... nagpapakitang gilas pa rin...

at last... me panalo na san miguel... :cool: kaya kaya nila ginebra this sun?

this lineup is a powerhouse

illdefonso,pena,adducul,espinas,rodriguez in the middle

calagiuo,gonzales,seigle,hontiveros,adriano on the wings

racela,cablay,tenorio on the backcourt

wala kang itatapon :D

kaya ginebra

that would be an interesting matchup

hirap lang irotatate and 2 at 3 spot ngayon

sobrang crowded

gonzales,adriano will probably be on the bench if lordy becomes healthy.

this lineup is a powerhouse

illdefonso,pena,adducul,espinas,rodriguez in the middle

calagiuo,gonzales,seigle,hontiveros,adriano on the wings

racela,cablay,tenorio on the backcourt

wala kang itatapon :D

kaya ginebra

that would be an interesting matchup

hirap lang irotatate and 2 at 3 spot ngayon

sobrang crowded

gonzales,adriano will probably be on the bench if lordy becomes healthy.

add wilson to the cast of guys who'll be riding the bench!

talk abt monster payroll... daming babayaran ng smb nito!

I have to agree... baka nga mas malakas pa line-up nila sa gins!

well... the thing is malakas ang line-up ng gins kaya lang very inconsistent

add wilson to the cast of guys who'll be riding the bench!

talk abt monster payroll... daming babayaran ng smb nito!

I have to agree... baka nga mas malakas pa line-up nila sa gins!

well... the thing is malakas ang line-up ng gins kaya lang very inconsistent

williw wilson is already in san miguel?

Guest wackeen

ang ganda nga nung laro! i find it ironic that despite the supposed starpower it is someone like macapagal who ends up hitting the biggest shots.

i think tama lang yung infusion ng talent. in any case a glut of athletes and shooters is just what you need for a running game.

calaguio will be fine.

ang ganda nga nung laro! i find it ironic that despite the supposed starpower it is someone like macapagal who ends up hitting the biggest shots.

i think tama lang yung infusion ng talent. in any case a glut of athletes and shooters is just what you need for a running game.

calaguio will be fine.

i love how macapagal plays.

if macapagal continues to play like this, salvacion will definitely be traded

tubid would most likely be in ginebra already

Seems lordy has yet to get into the scheme of things in SMB!

Naglaro sya but seems he did more harm than good...

Medyo nawawala sya how to position himself sa motion offense ni coach Chot...

Hope he gets to prove his worth in SMB... Looking forward to seeing his career blossom further with the Beermen!

hirap lng masyadong madaming shooters ang smb.they nid role players too.daming kulang sa playing time na talented players.sila wency,lordy,etc.d tuloy makita yung full potencials ng mga bata.sana maayos ung rotations.pag balik pa ni danny i.siksikan masyado.

sinong wency yan dude?!

I think ang offense na gusto ni coach chot is somewhat like the phoenix suns...

run n gun type... kahit si olsen if mapapansin nyo medyo tumatakbo na...

Guest wackeen
ako san miguel na ako panahon p nila Allan Caidic!

lupit nila nun!Caidic, Agustin, Lim, Pumaren, Alvarez

tpos dumating pa si Asaytono!

at lahat ng die-hard fan naalala din ang mga role players ng smb, from alfie almario and jeffrey graves to josel angeles, freddie abuda, and mike mustre!

at.. wency? hahaha.. yung band vocalist dati?!

si wesley gonzales tinutukoy nun, to whomever asked.

at lahat ng die-hard fan naalala din ang mga role players ng smb, from alfie almario and jeffrey graves to josel angeles, freddie abuda, and mike mustre!

at.. wency? hahaha.. yung band vocalist dati?!

si wesley gonzales tinutukoy nun, to whomever asked.

ahhh oo nga pala... thanks for the clarification :D

I must admit... tagal ko din naging fan ng smb...

especially during the grandslam years... galing!