San Miguel Beer

with the return of Danny Siegle, nabunutan ng tinik ang SMB, sana makabalik na din si Danny Ildefonso.

it always is a big boost to have someone like dynamite danny!

too bad di na talaga sya makabalik sa old form nya...

parang nawala kasi three point shooting nya... wonder why?!

it always is a big boost to have someone like dynamite danny!

too bad di na talaga sya makabalik sa old form nya...

parang nawala kasi three point shooting nya... wonder why?!

baka dahil sa dami ng shooters nila kaya hindi na nya nagagamit 3-point shot nya, like calaguio and hontiveros - nagco-concentrate sya sa mga drive at inside game to draw the defense from the outside guns.

baka dahil sa dami ng shooters nila kaya hindi na nya nagagamit 3-point shot nya, like calaguio and hontiveros - nagco-concentrate sya sa mga drive at inside game to draw the defense from the outside guns.

not exactly because he still takes them... if you wld notice his 3pt shots are quite flat...

instead of one fluid motion you'd notice a bit of hesitation...

I've been following the play of dynamite danny... I still believe he's one of the best offensive players and mismatches (6'6 off guard?!) to play in the pba... sayang lang that nawala ito sa arsenal nya... before kasi he'd use to take it out to 3pt territory and if the defender didn't stay close to him (i.e. give him at least an arms length or maybe even less) he'd just bomb away and if the defender stuck close to him he'd just blow by them... whereas now defenders tend to sag off from him... daring him to take the 3pt shot... so far for the season 1 pa lang ata nagagawa nya... though he hasn't attempted as many naman ata bka nasa mga 8?

i agree, sana mabalik yung 3 point shooting ni Danny S. I remember a time when i watched a game, during half time conest sila ni Nic mula sa 3 points ang parusa babatukan yung mag mimiss, danny went 5 of 6 si nic 2 of 6 it was fun to watch...panay batok naabot ni Nic. point is may shooting talaga si Danny s. dati ngayon nga mas mataas pa percentage ni nic sa kanya...really flat yung shot niya, kaposs palagi from the 3 if you notice late nga release niya kaya nabibitin palagi...naghehesitate talaga

latest update: activated na si danny ildefonso... he is eligible to play sa game against fedex later... I just don't know if gagamitin sya... or if ever malamang limited basis lang... watch out guys na lang para sa ildefonso-tugade combo... heard that danny i was quite influential in swaying tugade to transfer from redbull to smb :D

latest update: activated na si danny ildefonso... he is eligible to play sa game against fedex later... I just don't know if gagamitin sya... or if ever malamang limited basis lang... watch out guys na lang para sa ildefonso-tugade combo... heard that danny i was quite influential in swaying tugade to transfer from redbull to smb :D

i believe that mas malakas ang lineup ngayon ng san miguel kesa ginebra

SMB

racela

tenorio

calaguio

gonzales

hontiveros

tugade

wilson

seigle

espinas

pena

illdefonso

adducul

GINEBRA

abbarientos

helterbrand

hubalde

salvacion

macapagal

caguioa

holper

menk

hatfeld

seigle

reavis

mamaril

dagdag nalang kung sino asa lineup.. heheh

Beermen reactivate Ildefonso

Inquirer

Last updated 03:53am (Mla time) 10/28/2006

Published on page A18 of the October 28, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

GAMES TODAY (In Subic, Zambales)

4:30 p.m.—Air21 vs San Miguel

(In San Fernando, Pampanga)

5 p.m.—Talk ‘N Text vs Sta. Lucia

SLOWLY, the superpower is taking shape.

San Miguel Beer reactivated two-time Most Valuable Player awardee Danny Ildefonso yesterday, making him available for the Beermen’s match against Air21 in Subic, Zambales, today.

The 6-foot-5 forward rejoins a revamped Beermen squad that looks every inch a powerhouse quintet poised to dominate the field after starting the PBA Philippine Cup off with three straight defeats.

But those three defeats were nothing but smokescreens to hide what the Beermen truly are: An all-star team that can go 11 deep every game.

The Beermen lost their first three matches because Danny Seigle, Ildefonso and Brandon Lee Cablay, easily starters in the squad, were decommissioned by injury.

Seigle has returned and the Beermen have won two straight games. Now, it is Ildefonso’s turn to return and he will debut against the Express at 4:30 p.m. in Subic today.

Ildefonso joins a squad toughened by a midconference trade that netted ex-Ginebra big man Rommel Adducul and former Red Bull star Lordy Tugade.

Old hands Olsen Racela, Dondon Hontiveros, Chris Calaguio, Wesley Gonzales and Willie Wilson will join hands with quality rookie LA Tenorio and Gabby Espinas against the Express, who will banner No. 2 overall pick Arwind Santos, in the 4:30 p.m. match.

In the other out-of-town match, Talk ‘N Text battles Sta. Lucia at 5 p.m. in San Fernando, Pampanga.

http://newsinfo.inq7.net/inquirerheadlines/sports/view_article.php?article_id=29228

i believe that mas malakas ang lineup ngayon ng san miguel kesa ginebra

SMB

racela

tenorio

calaguio

gonzales

hontiveros

tugade

wilson

seigle

espinas

pena

illdefonso

adducul

GINEBRA

abbarientos

helterbrand

hubalde

salvacion

macapagal

caguioa

holper

menk

hatfeld

seigle

reavis

mamaril

dagdag nalang kung sino asa lineup.. heheh

IMHO magkasing lakas lang ang line up ng two teams na yan... why you may ask... well kasi yung line up nila is based sa style ng coaches... take the case of smb for instance... coach chot wants to implement a run n gun style type of offense... so kailangan nya mabibilis na players... they have to be able to run, esp the big men, on offense and sprint back quick on defense kaya if you would notice loaded sa wing position ang smb... ginebra on the other hand employs the half court set offense... yan ang specialty talaga ni coach jong... reason why loaded naman sila sa frontline nila... yes they do haven terrific wing players but most of them aren't as strong finishers as that of the wing players ng smb... they are more known for their outside shooting which in turn hopefully complements that front court of the gins...

taken from www.pba.ph

3 STRAIGHT FOR SAN MIGUEL

Gonzales leads 7 Beermen in double figures

Saturday, 28 October 2006

SUBIC - With All Souls Day just around the corner, San Miguel began to make its presence felt in the 2006-07 Talk N Text PBA Philippine Cup.

The Beermen haunted the Air21 Express like troubled spirits Saturday night, never letting up in a rousing 118-102 victory at the Subic gym here that stretched their winning run in this All-Filipino conference.

Wesley Gonzales showed the way for the team with 18 points, Danny Seigle had 15 while former two-time league Most Valuable Player (MVP) Danny Ildefonso returned from active duty and finished with 13 markers – nine coming in the fourth quarter - in his first game of the season.

Their collective effort rewarded the Beermen a third straight win for an even 3-3 card after starting the tournament with three straight losses.

Gonzales laid down the groundwork for the lopsided win, scoring 15 first half points behind his outside snipping, before giving the limelight to Seigle, Tenorio and the rest of the Beermen for the finishing job.

San Miguel had its first decisive lead at 64-53 early in the third. A Dondon Hontiveros jumper made it a 21-point cushion to the delight of the pro-SMB crowd in the gallery that included San Miguel top officials Danding and Henry Cojuangco.

A Chris Calaguio three-pointer midway in the fourth gave the Beermen their biggest lead at 102-77.

Arwind Santos finished with 23 points in a losing cause for the Express, who fell to 2-4 overall.

The Beermen had a slow start but began to control the game just as the first period of the highly-emotional game was winding down. Back-to-back treys by Gonzales and Calaguio gave San Miguel a 24-22 lead which they further hiked up to 12 (56-44) come halftime.

Three technical fouls were called for the Beermen in the first half alone, one each for Romel Adducul, Tenorio and coach Chot Reyes.

The Express couldn’t pounce on those calls as they shot poorly from the foul line, making just 60 percent of their attempts (14-of-23). In contrast, the Beermen converted 72 percent (16-of-22) of their free throws in the first two periods. (GR)

The scores:

San Miguel 118 – Gonzales 18, Seigle 15, Ildefonso 13, Hontiveros 12, Racela 12, Tenorio 11, Adducul 11, Calaguio 9, Pena 8, Wilson 6, Espinas 3.

Air21 102 – Santos 23, David 16, Avenido 16, R. de Ocampo 15, Se 8, Y. de Ocampo 8, Tubid 7, Arboleda 7, Telan 4, Canaleta 3, Dimaunahan 3.

Quarterscores: 30-24; 56-44; 90-67; 118-102.

Edited by kLique

ano ba ang plano ng smb kay tagade? he is hardly used in the recent games. Once cablay returns, they will have to many off guards in the team. It would be much better to trade calaguio and gonzales to alaska to give these players some playing time, which would not be available in smb. Alaska seems to be in need of some booost now.

ano ba ang plano ng smb kay tagade? he is hardly used in the recent games. Once cablay returns, they will have to many off guards in the team. It would be much better to trade calaguio and gonzales to alaska to give these players some playing time, which would not be available in smb. Alaska seems to be in need of some booost now.

I actually was somewhat wondering the same...

not unless reserve nila yan for racela...

might as well trade cablay... dalas naman kasi nyang injured!

they are trying the runnung game... with the depth of their bench... they have fresh legs all the time... plus tenorio blends well with those kind of play

dude... he is the anchor of their running game

much as we wld like to see racela lead the beermen...

hirap na din sya... di ganun ka-fluid...

but he still can contribute to the beermen... pero support na lang

tsaka leadership... mentor tenorio sa mga diskarte sa league

Been an SMB fan since the grand slam days.

There are so many great SMB moments that an SMB fan can truly be proud of, but one of fondest that I am very proud of is the Ron Jacobs-coached SMB team -- with Asaytono as the main man, they had a small lineup, guys like Mustre stepped up, their defense was air-locked fantastic. Man, they did not have the best line-up but they were never eliminated. That was basketball defense at its basic and best. Those were the moments that the best lineups that they faced had difficulty scoring holding their opponents to less than 85 points a game.

And speaking of Ron Jacobs, anybody knows how is he? Last I heard he's undergoing speech therapy?

Been an SMB fan since the grand slam days.

There are so many great SMB moments that an SMB fan can truly be proud of, but one of fondest that I am very proud of is the Ron Jacobs-coached SMB team -- with Asaytono as the main man, they had a small lineup, guys like Mustre stepped up, their defense was air-locked fantastic. Man, they did not have the best line-up but they were never eliminated. That was basketball defense at its basic and best. Those were the moments that the best lineups that they faced had difficulty scoring holding their opponents to less than 85 points a game.

And speaking of Ron Jacobs, anybody knows how is he? Last I heard he's undergoing speech therapy?

I have to agree! IMHO the best coach here in the Philippines by far!

Dami na nyang prodige dito sa league... most coaches either worked with him or was trained by him...

was a pity he didn't coach our Busan team... no to take anything from Jong but mostly everything was his idea

I cld recall watching the league because of this guy... what wld be his strategy? hw wld he mitigate the advantages of his oponents were some of the things that wld go through my mind watching the games he coached... plus add to that his animated character! kahit na nung si Jong na yung coach... I cld see/hear him shouting from the stands hehe

I have to agree! IMHO the best coach here in the Philippines by far!

Dami na nyang prodige dito sa league... most coaches either worked with him or was trained by him...

was a pity he didn't coach our Busan team... no to take anything from Jong but mostly everything was his idea

I cld recall watching the league because of this guy... what wld be his strategy? hw wld he mitigate the advantages of his oponents were some of the things that wld go through my mind watching the games he coached... plus add to that his animated character! kahit na nung si Jong na yung coach... I cld see/hear him shouting from the stands hehe

Speaking of shouting from the stands, I also remember and seeing Ron Jacobs shouting, coaching and helping Jong Uichico when Jong was still coaching for La Salle. I heard him several times yelling to Jong Uichico what offensive and defensive play to call, although too bad La Salle lost the championship at that time.

But, really, hats off to Ron Jacobs! :thumbsupsmiley: