San Miguel Beer

sana makalaro na siya...kahit asar ako sa red bull eh okay to lalo na pag nag-init na ang shooting.

bkit ka naman asar sa red bull?!

in fact they're one of the teams that fascinate me...

no superstar... and yet they seem quite solid as a team

very defined ang roles nila... dun ako nagtataka... how they win

on paper di malakas line up nila... but it works!

sayang kung nandun oke na sana maglaru si tugade mas malaki chance ng smb,.,.,.pro naka warmer na cya s bench d ba?,.,.bka pede cya pasuk miski ilang mins. lng hehehehe

regarding tugade... it baffles me why smb got him...

consider that they have a lot of #2 & #3... parang walang sense...

the #3 spot basically belongs to #42 while the #2 spot is shared by hontiveros, calaguio, and company

so where does lordy fit in the equation? hw abt riding the bench? or maybe di pa sya sanay sa system talaga...

oh well... I guess only time will tell...

bkit ka naman asar sa red bull?!

in fact they're one of the teams that fascinate me...

no superstar... and yet they seem quite solid as a team

very defined ang roles nila... dun ako nagtataka... how they win

on paper di malakas line up nila... but it works!

regarding tugade... it baffles me why smb got him...

consider that they have a lot of #2 & #3... parang walang sense...

the #3 spot basically belongs to #42 while the #2 spot is shared by hontiveros, calaguio, and company

so where does lordy fit in the equation? hw abt riding the bench? or maybe di pa sya sanay sa system talaga...

oh well... I guess only time will tell...

Ako din asar sa Red Bull!!! Why? because I don't like Villanueva (MAYABANG), I Don't like Pinissi (Tirador na mayabang pa), and most of all I really really hate their bald headed coach who is not only very mayabang but feeling magaling pa!!! In fairness naman they have players who are really good but that won't remove the fact that I just plainly don't like that team. YUN LANG!

BEAT THE GIN KINGS BEERMEN!!!

I watched the game of SMB and BG last Friday at Araneta it was a pitiful sight to watch SMB miss 7 straight free throws in the 3rd Qtr. Grabe! They could have gotten the lead if they sank those free throws!

I don't know if it was shoen on TV, but when the 3rd quarter ended, the players were shooting free throws. Chot must have scolded them to do that and SMB were given a delay of game warning because of that.

regarding the alapag story... eto wala na akong alam... as far as I can remember he was a walk-in or something?!

or was he referred by the friend of Ron Jacobs? I forgot his name... sya pa nga yung nagbigay ng info abt Caguioa...

Paul Howard ata... haha! baka mali... going back... it seems quite funny why Jong didn't pick Jimmy back then kung gusto talaga sya ni Ron Jacobs... I mean they picked Marlon Legaspi and where is he now? Shucks... as early as that time they were preparing na for Olsen kung bkit lang nila di kinuha si Jimmy remains as one of the biggest mystery to me! I even placed a bet on the freaking draft pick... that smb chooses Jimmy Alapag! oh well...

when the tryouts were held for the national team forthe 2002 asian games, nag-scout si ron jacobs sa states ng players, dun nya nakuha si alapag...i think yung reason kung bakit di nakuha ni jong si alapag is mas nauna yung pagkuha ng talk n' text sa kanya...parang ngayon, kinuha ni chot reyes si kelly williams, pero ibang team ang nakikinabang sa kanya...

Ako din asar sa Red Bull!!! Why? because I don't like Villanueva (MAYABANG), I Don't like Pinissi (Tirador na mayabang pa), and most of all I really really hate their bald headed coach who is not only very mayabang but feeling magaling pa!!! In fairness naman they have players who are really good but that won't remove the fact that I just plainly don't like that team. YUN LANG!

BEAT THE GIN KINGS BEERMEN!!!

well... we're all entitled to our own opinion! hehe... and I must say that I agree to your first two opinions!

kaso that's part of the reason why I like the team... yung "villain" factor...

dba sabi nga for every hero there must be a corresponding villain... the anti-hero kumbaga...

going back to the topic... I think you'll find yourself a great game tomorrow...

it's going to be SMB vs RB!

I watched the game of SMB and BG last Friday at Araneta it was a pitiful sight to watch SMB miss 7 straight free throws in the 3rd Qtr. Grabe! They could have gotten the lead if they sank those free throws!

I don't know if it was shoen on TV, but when the 3rd quarter ended, the players were shooting free throws. Chot must have scolded them to do that and SMB were given a delay of game warning because of that.

hahaha! yeah! it was shown on tv... sa sobrang inis ni Coach Chot pinag free throw nya team nya

grabe naman kasi free throw shooting ng smb... it was so atrocious! dapat na-censore na nga yon!

when the tryouts were held for the national team forthe 2002 asian games, nag-scout si ron jacobs sa states ng players, dun nya nakuha si alapag...i think yung reason kung bakit di nakuha ni jong si alapag is mas nauna yung pagkuha ng talk n' text sa kanya...parang ngayon, kinuha ni chot reyes si kelly williams, pero ibang team ang nakikinabang sa kanya...

hindi yun yung reason... alapag was picked #10 by TnT...

while smb had the #7 or was it #8 pick of that year...

SAN MIGUEL LOSES DANNY S, BUT WINS OVER RED BULL

Beermen’s W creates 4-team logjam at 2nd

Wednesday, 15 November 2006

San Miguel Beer bucked the absence of Danny Seigle to beat Red Bull, 84-78, in the 2006-07 Talk N Text PBA Philippine Cup at the Araneta Coliseum Wednesday night. The victory allowed the Beermen to tie Red Bull, Barangay Ginebra and Purefoods in second place with six wins and four losses.

Seigle left the court with 11:31 to go in the third period after being tagged in the face by Red Bull enforcer Mick Pennisi in a sideline scuffle just past the midcourt line. Nursing an ugly welt on his right eyebrow and complaining of blurred vision, Seigle left the game, never to return.

"This is a game that the players pulled out," said SMB coach Chot Reyes. "The players kept their focus even after we lost Danny Seigle. It's very important that we win without him. It showed that someone can always step up for the team."

San Miguel's other Danny - Danny Ildefonso - picked up the scoring slack, converting key baskets in the fourth period to tow the Beermen to their sixth win against four losses. He finished with a team-high 19 points to go with 7 rebounds.

"I can't say enough for Danny Ildefonso," said Reyes. "That game really showed the importance of having someone like him coming off the bench. Dondon Hontiveros couldn't score. Cris Calaguio was limited. We didn't have Danny S. But we had Danny I stepping up to pick up the slack."

Pennisi drilled a three-pointer with 9:22 to go in the game to put Red Bull within one point, 66-67. But Ildefonso presided over a 17-12 SMB windup as the Beermen won the game pulling away.

"Danny I is still not 100 percent," said Reyes. "But a Danny I at 80 or 90 percent is still something. He gave us the lift that we needed to pull out this victory."

Enrico Villanueva and Junthy Valenzuela provided Red bull an inside/outside combination, scoring nine first-half points apiece to push Red Bull to a 40-37 halftime lead.

Red Bull surprised the Beermen with their intensity, jumping off to a 22-11 lead after the first period. SMB's Willie Wilson and Ildefonso provided the needed spark in the second period. SMB outscored Red bull 26-18 to inch closer with the half ending at 40-37 for Red Bull.

"Willie Wilson is the unsung hero of this team," said Reyes. "He is just a joy to have on the team. He dives after loose balls, he defends, he boxes out and grabs rebounds. He does so many things which do not appear on the stat sheets. He makes his teammates better." (RV)

The scores:

San Miguel 84 – Ildefonso 19, Pena 15, Wilson 14, Racela 9, Calaguio 8, Hontiveros 6, Tenorio 4, Gonzales 3, Espinas 2, Adducul 0.

Red Bull 78 – Villanueva 14, Fonacier 12, Valenzuela 12, Baguio 10, Pennisi 9, Alvarez 5, Ybanez 4, Cruz 4, Bugia 3, Sharma 3, Najorda 2, Robinson 0.

Quarters: 11-22, 37-40, 60-58, 84-78.

sa mga nakapanood. ano ba nagyari kay seigle?

sobrang hard foul ba yun?

on tv it didn't seem na hard foul... pero with the sheer heft n size ng mga players you really can't tell...

minsan nga simpleng bangga lang tumatalsik na yung iba (well most often may kasamang acting to)

a bit OT... but it reminds me of what mick did way back when going out of bounds and wanting to save the possession...

he threw the ball at boyet fernandez... unfortunately sa mukha tinamaad... ayun blackeye agad!

going back... yung kay mick di naman masyado... parang mas matindi pa nga yung nangyari nung 1st half...

literally blood was dropping from the nose of The Dynamite like a leaking faucet!

di ko lang din alam if intentional yon dahil though it seemed accidental I was wondering why sa off-hand (right handed si cyrus and he was taking a shot using his right) but yung left yung tumama... weird eh... can't help but wonder if may instruction from the coaching staff (remember that some time back na-fine ang coaching staff when commissioner eala overheard them giving instructions to give a "dirty" foul.. cheap shot kumbaga...)

With the sterling perfomance of the dynamite. He transformed himself as a moving target in the eyes of the opposing team's enforcers. Ikaw na ang maging Danny Seigle.

why not?! galing sobra ni Dynamite!

alaga pa yan ni danding...

di ba si pennissi din yung dahilan ng injury nung player ng purefoods?...

boyet fernandez? yep!

Talo na namn ang Beermen at mukhang hilo pa si DS sa hampas ni Pennisi.

I think may problem si Dynamite sa vision nya... blurry daw

something abt the cornea kasi prob nya... di naman hampas ginawa... tinusok sa mata!

parang wwe nga eh! dun ata bagay si pennisi... mukhang bushwacker naman sya! :P

pati ba kay boyet fernandez siya?

e di ba matagal ng player yun?

i think he's talking about eugene tejada

yeah.. binato nya si boyet fernandez ng bola sa mukha resulting in a blackeye!

yung kay eugene... sya yung nakaupo din but I think tinulak sya si villanueva

but still I have to admit... he's one hell of a cheapshot artist!