Your First Million - Inspirational Stories

After reading every single word in this thread, here is what I have to say.

I am one of those millionaires who made their money through real estate abroad and now investing in Manila. My passion is real estate! :thumbsupsmiley:

Through goal setting and balanced life:

You got to have CLEAR directions and dreams so dream BIG! :angry: Don't let anyone stop you - You can do it! I heard it all from friends, people and even family who says that maybe.... it may just not be possible to achieve what I want to conquer. But time and time again I've proved everyone wrong. I believe in you so you should believe in yourself. If you believe, no one can take it from you. :)

Through strict budgeting and saving:

Need I say more? You need to know where your money is going and save as much as you can continuously – forever! Invest in financial books and read more rather than spending on cars, clothing, mobile phones, fine dinning just to keep your social status! :grr: But treat yourself every now and again – balanced is the key! :) I strongly recommend buying ‘The Millionaire Next Door’ by Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko. This book normally cost US $15.00 (PHP 615 approx) in National Book store. If you can’t afford it, don’t go out for a month or more, or go to a local library or share the cost with someone or find a 2nd hand one. If you want it? Anything is possible – no one can stop you remember that! Invest on your financial education and act on what you have learned. Action is power not knowledge. Without action your excellent knowledge in investing goes nowhere.

Genuinely help others in any way you can: :heart:

As simple as helping an old lady cross the street or simply cheering someone who is having a bad day. :boo: Concept of Helping is so simple, so don’t complicate it. It such a humbling feeling when you help others. :D People always help you on a daily basis so why not give it back to people in need. It is my sincerest wish for our country and our people to be lifted from poverty and become one of the richest nations in the world. Helping others is part of becoming a millionaire….trust me! B)

For the spiritual side, here is what I have to say: Your priorities should be God, Family then Business/Work. If you have that in any other order or greed is your priority then you got it wrong. There is no shame working hard for you and your family to have a semi decent life. And its not the poor who helps the poor, the people who can afford that helps the poor.

Some affirmations I live by:

Action is power!

Don’t say that “I can’t afford it”…instead say “How can I afford it”

There are good debts and bad debts. Know the difference! Bad debt are buying expensive cars on credit…shopping…taking loans to go on trips or having parties. Good Debts are taking loan to invest on stocks, real estates or starting a business.

My love and well wishes is with you all. Good luck! :D

Way to go KiwiFilOz... after a very long thread of people bragging on how they earned their million without really sharing pointers o how others can, too... we have one guy here who finally knows how to be inspirational, motivational, and who makes sense. Thank you so much for sharing your spill on how to start the first step in becoming a millionaire... You have to have a dream first... and make it a BIG ONE!!! (Libre naman, eh, Enjoy pa kung wet..he-he-he!)

post-154093-1205404854.gif

• 4 weeks later...

i guess i could fall into this category.

finished medicine and went to the US. Technically, even as an intern I earned >2M pesos on my first year, although, obviously things are not that simple (cost of living is higher, expenses are in dollars, etc.). Either way, I'm doing the slowly saving significant amounts of my income into diversified investments route. . .

• 3 weeks later...

17 years old nung mag simula ako mag work. coming from a very poor family. i still remember during may elementary days na nagtitinda kami ni ate ng tissue paper sa school. then nung mag graduate ako ng high school dahil mahilig ako sa computer mapilit ako sumama sa frend ko na vocational grad. then natuto ako. as in mapilit lang talagang matuto hanggang sa napadpad ako sa recto. madami akong natutunan dun kesa sa school. sideline then go to school. huminto ako ng 2 times. dahil minsan hindi talaga kaya ng bulsa. hindi ako umasa sa parents ko. kung ano itulong nila tanggap ko lang. then finaly nung nakagraduate ako ng course na ece dun iniwan ko na ang work sa recto. time to go professional. ipon lang saka disiplina. i only buy things na kailangan. walang gimik at medyo hindi palaligaw(medyo magastos na kasi ang manligaw ngayon) then ayun mutual funds, saka bili ng lupa. before i moved sa uae alam ko wala pang 1 million. hindi gaanong kalakihan ang sahod ko d2. pero katulad ng sa pinas. part time then benta benta ng electronics. buy and sell. saka repair service. all i can say. our skills as a filipino is worth more than a million.

nung kinuwenta ko total assets and saved money ko ayun. lumagpas na. pero hindi ko masyadong iniisip un. kasi sakit na ng pinoy ang masyadong happy pag nasa comfort zone. yun bang madaling makontento then nakakalimot kung paano nila pinaghirapan ang pera. hindi naman lahat pero marami satin ang ganun. still i will not stop going sa part time and side line as long as wala pa ako sa 40's kasi akya ko pa, pag asa 40's na ako saka ko na lang isiping mag manager. ipon lang ng ipon muna.

• 1 month later...

age 20-25 - wala pa. hirap mag-ipon fron so-so jobs. kahit EE grad.

age 16-30 - earned and saved some nung mag-punta ako saudi. never got near 1M though.

age 31-35 - earned my first million as PM sa electrical construction proj dyan sa pinas. late bloomer ba? hehehe

age 35-40 - i started my own electrical construction business. medyo madali na pera.

42 na ako now. im here na sa australia with my family. 1M aus dollars? mmm meron na siguro.

tips:

Think Big... Put your dreams into action... Work Hard... Dont believe in fortunes... Wealth is given to those who really work hard. Stay humble and lastly, learn to give ... It's a blessing to be a blessing to others. Peace

• 4 weeks later...

It took a while for me. I got my first one only this year. Kasi sinatisfy ko muna yung other basics ko like buy first car (second hand only) on my first Php175k in 1998. Then downpaid a condo on my first Php500K in 2004.

Now my Makati bachelors pad is to be fully paid in 3 years time. And yes, I have this newer car (second hand uli) that is fully paid already last year.

The reason I am trying to accumulate more than Php1M is for a House and Lot. Im targeting a Php9-10M beautiful house in Tagaytay in a gated community so kailangan ng pang down of around Php2M.

After I get this, girlfriend hunting naman haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I earned my first milliion nine years ago.I was into distributorship business,i was carrying multi- lines before until finally one principal came in 2003.They offer me to be exclusive distributor of their product in my area.I know that this is the opportunity that i am aiming for,but they are asking me to put up a collateral in the bank in favor of them 25mio to be exact.Believe me,ikot talaga pwet ko kung saan ko kukunin ganito kalaki collateral?I went to all banks and they just didn't approved my business proposition.Mahirap pala walang history of credit line sa bank kung first time ka uutang.Puro kasi cash transaction ko from the start, kasi from what i know pag me utang ka sa bank parang di ka successful sa business mo.I was wrong,Rcbc approved my loan 5mio lang.Im still short of 20mio.and for my initial PO they gave me 10mio( my principal).Stocks arrived and two days lang my warehouse were empty,since 30 days ako sa principal ko and sa trade 15 days.So,all my collection just go straight to the bank ,dumating pa yung time na my principal's threatening me that they will get all my big account.Di ko daw kayang i serve big accounts nila? there were sleepless nights and with God grace i was able to survive all the trials.Im now

on my 6th year as their distributor.Before i only had 23 employees,now i have 70+ and additional 2 multi-national principal,but now its the other way around

all the bank managers are trying to convince me to transfer my account to them.Well i guess its PAYBACK time! :)

thanks for the advises. congrats sa mga bata pa na na meet na nila yong 1M nila.

may ITR gross last year was 2M. kaya lang 30% of it went to income taxes. tapos i cant remember kung saan napunta yong ibang pera ko.

i can now retire after working for 20 years. i will have some amount to invest. my problem is what kind of business i should put up? any suggestions?

tayo na lang kaya ako ng internet cafe sa umaga. tapos beer house sa gabi.

• 2 weeks later...

its nc to hear stories u earn how much, some do brag, some r real. but the real question is how much did u save in a year? uearn 2million a year and spend 2 million din, sayang lang. whats ur living expense? ur cost of living expense? how much u earn? and what did u do w/ ur savings? did ur savings earn u money? like investing? or the same lang, kasi u just set it aside. or nagamit sa emergency situation?

its nc to hear stories u earn how much, some do brag, some r real. but the real question is how much did u save in a year? uearn 2million a year and spend 2 million din, sayang lang. whats ur living expense? ur cost of living expense? how much u earn? and what did u do w/ ur savings? did ur savings earn u money? like investing? or the same lang, kasi u just set it aside. or nagamit sa emergency situation?

i agree. what matter more is how much u've saved or invested in other things.

para d OT, i earned my first million last year at age 26. but i also bought a car that same years that will cost me more the 1M up to 2010. so parang bale wala lng. pero started investing na. may hinuhulugan na ko lot ngayon. para may investment naman kahit papano at di sayang kita.

Entrepreneurship is an almost sure way to make 1 million for someone who is hardworking, creative, daring, has good business sense, and ideally knows the right people. Unfortunately not everyone has these traits. And for those experts who say earning money is so easy (you know, those motivational gurus who say something like, don't adjust your lifestyle to your income - instead figure out a way to increase your income so that you're living the lifestyle you want) ... its like saying its our own fault that we're not making money. Fricking platitude. :P

The stock market is a crapshoot. For everyone who made a million here, there are lots more who lost money. Especially in the local stock market where market capitalization is so low that well connected and well funded parties can manipulate certain stocks to a certain degree.

I made my first million in savings the "traditional" way working with large corporations. And yes, I started in 1997 with a starting salary of P8,500 per month ... small even by the standards of the day. I spent approximately P100,000 that year on living expenses which meant my savings from that salary were ZERO and I probably had some debts on my credit card ... hehehe.

But the thing is, even though my salary kept on increasing as I moved up the corporate ladder ... my living expenses increased at a much slower rate. If I used to be happy eating a P250 buffet once a month to reward myself, I didn't suddenly develop the urge to have that buffet on a daily basis. I didn't have the sudden need to buy designer clothes since I had gotten used to wearing my good quality generic stuff. I got drunk on Tanduay Rum and San Miguel Beer - I didn't have to drink Black Label every night simply because I could. The car I used in college (given by my parents granted) I continued to use well after I could afford to buy a new one. And so on.

After around 6 years of steady career advancement (I had changed jobs twice in that span of time) I had that first P1M clear in various financial instruments even though my Net Income after tax was still less a little less than P1M. All savings - I didn't do web PTC's, I didn't do stocks, I didn't buy a franchise, I didn't do multi-level marketing. I'm sure I could've earned more if I had worked harder outside the office, but hey, I'm a lazy bum and wanted to enjoy my non-office time. I just posted this to show that you can still earn that million the old fashioned way working a 9 to 6 job. And though I still lived at my parents' house at that time, I had been contributing around P20K a month to household expenses so I think it evened out when compared with someone who had to live independently.

Conspicuous consumption is BAD. Just because you're earning a certain amount doesn't mean you need to spend it all. As everyone else is saying, get into the habit of saving. Even with interest rates low, its better than blowing it on luxuries and good times. That brand new Fortuner, Rolex watch, or iPhone 3G that you just bought depreciated by 20% just by bringing it out of the showroom. And your nights out in Pegasus ... sure the memories may be priceless, but that doesn't fill your bank account. Sadly.

^this is a great post, makes lots of sense.

certainly inspires me to save more.

this is just me, but if one only reached 1M through the power of conversion (i.e. working abroad), that doesn't count.

in this thread i mean.

but as an achievement it still counts - so no flaming please hehe

congratulations to the self made millionaires here!

we made a million (liquid) when our credit line came through but it was out again in a jiffy

so i experienced what it was like to hold 1M in cash - but only for a day hehehe :lol:

does that count? di ata :rolleyes:

I earned my first milliion nine years ago.I was into distributorship business,i was carrying multi- lines before until finally one principal came in 2003.They offer me to be exclusive distributor of their product in my area.I know that this is the opportunity that i am aiming for,but they are asking me to put up a collateral in the bank in favor of them 25mio to be exact.Believe me,ikot talaga pwet ko kung saan ko kukunin ganito kalaki collateral?I went to all banks and they just didn't approved my business proposition.Mahirap pala walang history of credit line sa bank kung first time ka uutang.Puro kasi cash transaction ko from the start, kasi from what i know pag me utang ka sa bank parang di ka successful sa business mo.I was wrong,Rcbc approved my loan 5mio lang.Im still short of 20mio.and for my initial PO they gave me 10mio( my principal).Stocks arrived and two days lang my warehouse were empty,since 30 days ako sa principal ko and sa trade 15 days.So,all my collection just go straight to the bank ,dumating pa yung time na my principal's threatening me that they will get all my big account.Di ko daw kayang i serve big accounts nila? there were sleepless nights and with God grace i was able to survive all the trials.Im now

on my 6th year as their distributor.Before i only had 23 employees,now i have 70+ and additional 2 multi-national principal,but now its the other way around

all the bank managers are trying to convince me to transfer my account to them.Well i guess its PAYBACK time! :)

Sir Tauyski anong product line ang dala mo?? baka pwede din akong sumideline dyan sayo??

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Entrepreneurship is an almost sure way to make 1 million for someone who is hardworking, creative, daring, has good business sense, and ideally knows the right people. Unfortunately not everyone has these traits. And for those experts who say earning money is so easy (you know, those motivational gurus who say something like, don't adjust your lifestyle to your income - instead figure out a way to increase your income so that you're living the lifestyle you want) ... its like saying its our own fault that we're not making money. Fricking platitude. :P

The stock market is a crapshoot. For everyone who made a million here, there are lots more who lost money. Especially in the local stock market where market capitalization is so low that well connected and well funded parties can manipulate certain stocks to a certain degree.

I made my first million in savings the "traditional" way working with large corporations. And yes, I started in 1997 with a starting salary of P8,500 per month ... small even by the standards of the day. I spent approximately P100,000 that year on living expenses which meant my savings from that salary were ZERO and I probably had some debts on my credit card ... hehehe.

But the thing is, even though my salary kept on increasing as I moved up the corporate ladder ... my living expenses increased at a much slower rate. If I used to be happy eating a P250 buffet once a month to reward myself, I didn't suddenly develop the urge to have that buffet on a daily basis. I didn't have the sudden need to buy designer clothes since I had gotten used to wearing my good quality generic stuff. I got drunk on Tanduay Rum and San Miguel Beer - I didn't have to drink Black Label every night simply because I could. The car I used in college (given by my parents granted) I continued to use well after I could afford to buy a new one. And so on.

After around 6 years of steady career advancement (I had changed jobs twice in that span of time) I had that first P1M clear in various financial instruments even though my Net Income after tax was still less a little less than P1M. All savings - I didn't do web PTC's, I didn't do stocks, I didn't buy a franchise, I didn't do multi-level marketing. I'm sure I could've earned more if I had worked harder outside the office, but hey, I'm a lazy bum and wanted to enjoy my non-office time. I just posted this to show that you can still earn that million the old fashioned way working a 9 to 6 job. And though I still lived at my parents' house at that time, I had been contributing around P20K a month to household expenses so I think it evened out when compared with someone who had to live independently.

Conspicuous consumption is BAD. Just because you're earning a certain amount doesn't mean you need to spend it all. As everyone else is saying, get into the habit of saving. Even with interest rates low, its better than blowing it on luxuries and good times. That brand new Fortuner, Rolex watch, or iPhone 3G that you just bought depreciated by 20% just by bringing it out of the showroom. And your nights out in Pegasus ... sure the memories may be priceless, but that doesn't fill your bank account. Sadly.

Idol kita bro Solitude00! More power to you!

There is no other way to make your first million but through hard work and perseverance. My dictum was that if Plan A did not work then stick with Plan A :thumbsupsmiley: If you had a Plan B then you were actually thinking of Plan A possibly not working. But the fact of the matter is, sometimes you can do everything right and still end up losing money than making it. It just like basketball when the refs just won't give you a call. So instead of complaining to the refs, you just stay aggressive, penetrate the lane like manu ginobili and fish for the foul to get to the free throw line :thumbsupsmiley: I really can't get into specifics into what I did lest I reveal my indentity in this forum but I feel that generalities should suffice. i would delve into the DONTS rather than the DOS.

1. Don't think that by sleeping with your boss would make it easier for your promotion.

While it is true that there are a lot of corporate women who are cougars, they are really not into it in the long term and so they are just interested in a quick fix Bam! Boom! and then you feel used :thumbsdownsmiley: Unless you think that your boss is in it for the long term with you, then you have some degree of tenure and of course good endorsements for possible promotion.

2. Don't change your lifestyle.

If you start making money and money changes you then that is just pathetic. Don't let money change you, but you should change your money. Make your money into opportunity Ergo - investments!

3. Don''t be complacent. It is always easy to lose the drive when you make your first million. It would appear that you have reached your peak (of course thats in your subconscious. So if you lose your guard, some upstart newly grad might just start screwing the cougars, doing more what is expected of them and staying 20 hours in the office. Suddenly, while you thought your on top of your game, a rookie steals your thunder.

So good luck you studs. :thumbsupsmiley:

There is no other way to make your first million but through hard work and perseverance. My dictum was that if Plan A did not work then stick with Plan A :thumbsupsmiley: If you had a Plan B then you were actually thinking of Plan A possibly not working. But the fact of the matter is, sometimes you can do everything right and still end up losing money than making it. It just like basketball when the refs just won't give you a call. So instead of complaining to the refs, you just stay aggressive, penetrate the lane like manu ginobili and fish for the foul to get to the free throw line :thumbsupsmiley: I really can't get into specifics into what I did lest I reveal my indentity in this forum but I feel that generalities should suffice. i would delve into the DONTS rather than the DOS.

1. Don't think that by sleeping with your boss would make it easier for your promotion.

While it is true that there are a lot of corporate women who are cougars, they are really not into it in the long term and so they are just interested in a quick fix Bam! Boom! and then you feel used :thumbsdownsmiley: Unless you think that your boss is in it for the long term with you, then you have some degree of tenure and of course good endorsements for possible promotion.

2. Don't change your lifestyle.

If you start making money and money changes you then that is just pathetic. Don't let money change you, but you should change your money. Make your money into opportunity Ergo - investments!

3. Don''t be complacent. It is always easy to lose the drive when you make your first million. It would appear that you have reached your peak (of course thats in your subconscious. So if you lose your guard, some upstart newly grad might just start screwing the cougars, doing more what is expected of them and staying 20 hours in the office. Suddenly, while you thought your on top of your game, a rookie steals your thunder.

So good luck you studs. :thumbsupsmiley:

Grroowwwrrr !! Daming cougars ni pimpdadi :) Ako ni kuting alaws.

Penge isa.

Grroowwwrrr !! Daming cougars ni pimpdadi :) Ako ni kuting alaws.

Penge isa.

Dude they are like old and semi-married <_< Two of them were just using me to exact vengeance from their husbands having mid life crisis. And the cougars are really nasty, yung isang kuting ko ay kinalmot at kinaladkad :thumbsdownsmiley: Kawawa naman yung receptionist namin nawalan ng trabaho <_< Hirap talaga ng office love affairs.

I guess cougars mark and protect their territory. They chase out the other cats. Sayang talaga yung mga kuting :thumbsdownsmiley: