Have U Ever Begged......

Guest BDC0425

nagmakaawa kana ba na wag ka iwanan?  

487 members have voted

1. 1. nagmakaawa kana ba na wag ka iwanan?

• yes
    • no

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ah, hell. Yes. I once begged an ex to come back, and I really wish I hadn’t done that. The situation was very unusual: I’d been sucker-punch dumped, and I could not have seen it coming. I thought that everything was OK. We hadn’t been arguing. In fact, it seemed as though things were just the way they always had been.

I regret it, because in retrospect … who does that—? Why would I possibly want someone back who had discarded me so cavalierly, seemingly for no reason at all? It makes no sense at all. I could have never trusted him again; it would have taken such a long time for him to regain my trust, if ever this were possible.

Secondly, I didn’t look at it from his point of view. I’ve broken up with men in the past, and I’m sure it came as a shock to them. I knew that I couldn’t trust them with my future—to do the right thing with respect to my well-being. To meet my most fundamental needs. Obviously, my ex felt the same way for reasons he didn’t elucidate. (Alternately, maybe he was just a shallow a-hole, and again, why would I want someone like that?)

But, I’ve forgiven myself for acting like a fool. When you really love someone, sometimes you lose yourself in that feeling.

If anything is worth begging for, it is love. No judgments here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No. While I can never say "never", I can't really see myself doing that.

Begging to be taken back seems to be a lose-lose situation:

- If she takes you back, I believe it cheapens what you have to offer as a person (flaws and all). It's almost like you were willing to haggle the price down of your value.

- If she refuses, it magnifies the desperation that probably drove one to the point of begging

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...