Guitar Talk

tabs are for people who dont trust their playing.

tabs are for people who dont know how to play but have the desire to learn. it help build their ability, their confidence to have them do it on their own. create their own style. their own technique. like training wheels on a bicycle. you are bound to it 'til you have the confidence to do it your way.

tabs are for people who dont know how to play but have the desire to learn. it help build their ability, their confidence to have them do it on their own. create their own style. their own technique. like training wheels on a bicycle. you are bound to it 'til you have the confidence to do it your way.

i agree ... i use tabs for reference and if i dont like it.. i will improve it :D

++

if I may add, tabs are also for people who hasn't had their ear "trained" yet or for those people who just don't have the time to riff and figure out by ear the song especially if its really complicated. don't get me wrong, there's nothing to be ashamed about it. it's a good start, but don't confine yourself to what's written. diversify your riffing throughout the fretboard and remember to "pronounce" your technique clearly for each part.

i'll let you guys in on a technique that I do.

for those who are up to the challenge of learning songs by ear (especially 120 bpm 140 bpm solos):

first, get an mp3 copy (whether you bought it or ripped it off, i dont wanna know) of the song you'd want to learn.

second, download WINAMP at the site.

third, download Pacemaker Plug-In (link: Pacemaker).

once you've done, just cross the "i"s and dot the "t"s. then, double-click winamp, click start plug-in, and you're all set. vary "tempo" to figure out by ear and slow down petrucci solos without changing the pitch. as you progress, increase the tempo once you get the hang of it. very good for drills and practice by yourself.

pitch function is very useful too. you can set any song's recorded tuning to you current guitar tuned setting in case you do a lot of drop tunings like myself.

speed is just combination of the tempo and pitch function.

have fun!

Mukha namang maganda ang Parker Fly although I don't own one. Yun nga lang para sa akin pangit ang shape ng body at headstock ng Fly. I would have it as a back up or studio guitar maybe. Keep your Fenders. Classic na yan. You cant go wrong with those guitars. Go sell you kidney na lang.

Wag naman yung kidney :lol: yung RJ Jazz Bass at Raon Acoustic na lang :lol:

Mukha namang maganda ang Parker Fly although I don't own one. Yun nga lang para sa akin pangit ang shape ng body at headstock ng Fly. I would have it as a back up or studio guitar maybe. Keep your Fenders. Classic na yan. You cant go wrong with those guitars. Go sell you kidney na lang.
Do any of you guys own a Parker Fly? Is it worth that i will part with my Strat and Tele for this?

get the parker and send your Fenders my way

:)

the Parkers have good tone, and I kinda like it's quirky body.

listen to Barbie or Kitchie these chicks play Parkers.

but yeah don't get rid of your Fenders especially if they're actual Fender USAs

Or people trying to take a step up into playing more complicated songs. I can play easy songs by ear, but I still can't figure out the more complicated ones specially if they have a weird mix of effects. The only time I will stop using tablatures as reference would be when I can play Steve Vai's music by ear. :thumbsupsmiley:

Or people trying to take a step up into playing more complicated songs. I can play easy songs by ear, but I still can't figure out the more complicated ones specially if they have a weird mix of effects. The only time I will stop using tablatures as reference would be when I can play Steve Vai's music by ear. :thumbsupsmiley:

correct. you just want to rock it out fast. learning guitar is hard as it is. you need all the help you can get. tabs are a big help.

Do any of you guys own a Parker Fly? Is it worth that i will part with my Strat and Tele for this? :D

Mga dudes maganda raw talaga tone nyang parker fly. Mas maganda raw pagka H-S-S... Kaya raw gayahn both fender and gibson tones. Yun nga lang di ko trip yung body saka headstock... Pero maganda na rin pag white yung Pickguard... Yun lang... Hahaha

di ko na ata naabutan yun. heheheh... sa monumento tsaka sa sta. mesa ako bumibili eh. hehehehe...

alam ko sa farmers plaza meron dati, wala na ngayon yun, pero malamang ang sinasabi mo e yung fade to black, wala na din yun, nung highschool ako dun ako kumukuha ng mga tabs :thumbsupsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...
Do any of you guys own a Parker Fly? Is it worth that i will part with my Strat and Tele for this? :D

It all depends on the kind of music you play. Parker Fly guitars are what you call a "hybrid". you can get acoustic sounds (via peizo pick-ups) and electric sounds (via humbuckers). Im not sure if you can mix both... people i know who used parker fly are savage garden and barbie of barbie's cradle. You may want to check their tone when the used the guitar for reference. Orgy also used parker fly but they combined it with a guitar synthesizer. Hope this helps.

BTW, I use a Thin-line Telecaster with Les Paul style pickups/controls/toggles through a Zoom GFX-5 and a Vox amplifier.

alam ko sa farmers plaza meron dati, wala na ngayon yun, pero malamang ang sinasabi mo e yung fade to black, wala na din yun, nung highschool ako dun ako kumukuha ng mga tabs :thumbsupsmiley:

Alam kong Fade to Black sa may katipunan 1997 pa ako huling bumili dun. Sa ilalim ng Ever Gotesco meron dati ewan ko lang kung buhay pa.

Rip-off na bumili ng tab na photo-copied lang. Pwede ka mag download na lang sa torrent or kahit sa mga websites. Libre pa. Sa torrent madalas galing pa sa guitar magazines. kung may PC kayo try nyo Guitar Pro or Power Tabs. Pwede nyo pakingan at sabayan ung tabs nyo. But nothing beats learning a song by ear. Pero kahit paano gawin mo, keep the music alive... rock!

I dont play much anymore, the combo of piezo & humbuckers are the Parker's selling point. You dont have to lug a separate acoustic guitar for "unplugged sound" sets/gigs. If the Parker's humbuckers can imitate the sound of a Gibson SG...that would be nice... hehehe...so il probably keep the Tele

Anyway...sounds can be manipulated via a music box (Pandora, Korg or a nifty guitar synth) or certain effects :D

It all depends on the kind of music you play. Parker Fly guitars are what you call a "hybrid". you can get acoustic sounds (via peizo pick-ups) and electric sounds (via humbuckers). Im not sure if you can mix both... people i know who used parker fly are savage garden and barbie of barbie's cradle. You may want to check their tone when the used the guitar for reference. Orgy also used parker fly but they combined it with a guitar synthesizer. Hope this helps.

BTW, I use a Thin-line Telecaster with Les Paul style pickups/controls/toggles through a Zoom GFX-5 and a Vox amplifier.

Edited by orionpax

ano favorite guitar effects nyo? digital or analog version? or do you go for direct amp distortion?

para sa akin wala nang mas simple pa sa direct amp distortion. i prefer analog effects kung kelangan talaga. parang may kulang kasi pag digitally processed. (or should i say, masyado malinis..) well i hope you guys know what i mean.

boss pedals are still the best IMO. parusa lang pag gig. :D