Guitar Talk

• 1 month later...
..maraming self taught na gitarista. Actually lahat halos ng gitaristang alam ko

is self taught. Nag-umpisa din sa D-A-G-A.

-Sin™

D-A-G-A... kinda reminds me of the song LINE TO HEAVEN by INTROVOYS...

Hahahaha...

But anyways, I started playing the guitar with chords... G-Em-C-D...

Practicing the song BAKIT BA ? by: SIAKOL over and over again till I mastered it and moved on to some major chords and licks... Till now, I still consider myself a newbie guitar player... Lol! :lol:

stil jamming every friday sa perfect pitch megamall,

we have no vocalist yet, anyone interested pls fell free to jam with us.

us of now instrumental lang kami

looking for a bass guitar effects, bass chorus maybe,

Pare, my VOCALIST na kayo ???

Apply me... Hehehe...

Ano ba tugtugan nyo ???

Me, influenced mostly ALTERNATIVE ROCK, POP and OPM music...

Also a bit of hardcore and heavy metal... :)

si Arie of Guitar Hospital bro. pero subukan ko pa rin si mang Jun of Roadtone for future works. parehas daw sila magaling :)

pwede lahat sir! about time frame, it depends sa load ng work ng mga luthiers. visit roadtone.tk-jun's website or Guitarhospital.net-arie's webpage.

Di ba si ARIE sa my ROTONDA nakatira ??? :rolleyes:

Si MANG JUN ng AUDIOPHILE main branch sa PACO...

Naka-try na ba kayo magpa-ayos dun ??? :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys just wanna show the guitar im using nowadays...hope you don't mind...:)

i dont have my own digital cam right now, so i just attached pics from my friendster.

the guitar i'm using here is an old SQUIRE japanese sunburst strat...w/c i got from this kid (nauto ko!) for the price of Php 5,000. it's no longer stock....i changed the pickguard w/c 3 ply white before...now it's uhm...i dont know what it's called....it's not black...pero kakulay nya ang mga dark picks na gawa ng fender dati..

i also changed the pickup...the japanese set i sold to a friend...i installed single coil set that came from an american std strat....the pickguard and pickups i use now came from Joey Puyat....:) hand me downs...

i plan to get Lindy Fralin blues specials...w/the bridge pickup having a base plate (i dont know what does all means) for moe output and grit.....i sed strat w/a blues special neck p/u and it sounded so much like SRV!

i mean i know that a guitarist' sound comes from his own hands...no one can replicate SRV....but at least having the right tools would greatly improve our own style and confidence...up to a certain extent!...we all should really practice...so we could hone our crafts.

i like blues, rock...and dabble in jazz....but when i started i was into METALLICA,GNR,MR BIG,atbp.i still try to play in those styles...ang sarap kasi e.

anyway the amp i was using here was a MESA BOOGIE halfstack...w/c belongs to Rann Golamco formerly of MOJOFLY..he's also here in the states...pero lumipat sya sa NY.nandito ako sa CA...nag usap na din kami ni Perf...and i watched LOCOMOTIVE once....

plan ko din bumili ng 2x12 na combo amp...maybe a blues deville/deluxe or a hotrod deville/deluxe ...na FENDER....

hey 16track....i think i know you from that ol'musician's thread.....i sed to be w/the original lineup of BlueRats...

post-13817-1148246436.jpg

I'm into acoustic guitars nowadays, i've been listening to this guitarist named Glen Phillips (former Toad the Wet Sprocket frontman who went solo) and i can't recognize how he plays the guitar. I noticed that most of his song have this tapping sound and its awsome and i can't seem to imitate it. Is there like a term or technique called on how he plays the guitar? If u wanna know what i mean, try listening to this song below

Easier - Glen Phillips