Guitar Talk

ano favorite guitar effects nyo? digital or analog version? or do you go for direct amp distortion?

amp distortion only if it's a good amp (Marshalls, Fenders, or Mesa Boogies)

for pedals boss of course, but there are lots of good, inexpensive pedals out there, most notable are the FAB line from Danelectro (incredibly cheap) and the Boston pedals (they have a decent delay pedal and a nice Metal Zone clone)

Edited by Larry

Effects? i still go with classic Boss effects...Chorus, Distortion, Overdrive :D and a Fuzzface . I did use a generic Wah Pedal :lol: (walang brand eh)

Sama mo na Korg for heavy sets (programmed)

ano favorite guitar effects nyo? digital or analog version? or do you go for direct amp distortion?

para sa akin wala nang mas simple pa sa direct amp distortion. i prefer analog effects kung kelangan talaga. parang may kulang kasi pag digitally processed. (or should i say, masyado malinis..) well i hope you guys know what i mean.

boss pedals are still the best IMO. parusa lang pag gig. :D

ZOOM GFX-5

Life saver yung Energize feature nya. I usually dont bring my amps to gigs so I just use what is provided by the organizers/venue. The energize thingy lets me boost frequencies that gets lost depending on the amp model or the acoustics of the venue itself. In short, kahit ano amp at kahit ano size ng venue consistent ung tunog ng gitara ko.

I'd get analog effects but I'd end up buying a lot of them. Magmumukha akong tap-dancer kaka-tapak sa effects. Sasakit pa likod ko kakatuwad para mag adjust ng parameters after every song. So I went with digital modeling effects on stage for convenience. Most people can't tell the difference anyway.

http://www.activemusician.com/images/store/small/EM_FX69.gif

my friend had one these before. crunchy distortion. waay to loud. its like a DS-1 on steroids. i've read somewhere that kurt cobain mocked this one during a concert by trying to use one...

Nyahahaha nakagamit ako nyan dati nung nagstart ako nakakatuwa naman nostalgic... ewan ko lang kung maganda cya kasi bopols pa ako sa gitara nun lahat ng distortion iisa tunog sakin at that time...

whew sa wakas guitar forum judgin by the number of posts here matagal n ata ang thread n to kaso ngayon ko lng nadaanan...anyway good eve sa lahat ng and2....im more a hobbyist tlga....i love fooling around with my fender strat...i dont know a lot of songs kasi just play guitar for fun at pawala stress...anyway i've been trying to get a certain tone kc and i was just going to ask anong magandang pick up combi to replace my 3 single coils as for my type of music i love jazz, rock and fusion ano bang magandang pickups na nasa 3k budget? ang hirap kasi pumili eh lalo na pag wala k masyado alam sa pick ups

hmm is that an "extra" Roland? single coil or piezo pickup under the bridge? :D

i think roland has been making those type of additional pickup that can be added to guitars for years.

from my understanding sa fender website, the additional knobs make you choose from several tunings and pickup type like humbuckers and single coil to strat to tele sound. imagine writing a starting a song on standard tuning, then midway you can switch to a dropped d tuning. that would be cool. several tuning configuration for a song. or going to an open d tuning from a standard tuning in a turn of the knob. if you are a pro guitarist or performer, that saves downtime.

"whew sa wakas guitar forum judgin by the number of posts here matagal n ata ang thread n to kaso ngayon ko lng nadaanan...anyway good eve sa lahat ng and2....im more a hobbyist tlga....i love fooling around with my fender strat...i dont know a lot of songs kasi just play guitar for fun at pawala stress...anyway i've been trying to get a certain tone kc and i was just going to ask anong magandang pick up combi to replace my 3 single coils as for my type of music i love jazz, rock and fusion ano bang magandang pickups na nasa 3k budget? ang hirap kasi pumili eh lalo na pag wala k masyado alam sa pick ups "

what kind of tone are you looking for? pick ups are just one aspect of tone, there's also pick-up position, wood, strings, pick thickness, picking style, amp, etc. a lot of things figure into tone, and a lot of really good guitarists are still looking for the perfect tone.

anywho, you can try getting the Fender Custom Shop pups, DiMarzios, or Seymour Duncan Cool Rails. all three produce very clear sound and low noise, especially with the SDs. The thing is I don't think you can get any of these for under 3k.

my advice is to get your guitar looked at by a luthier (Ari of Guitar Hospital, or Jun of Roadtone), have your pickups rewound, and get your guitar set-up (a lot of guitar players fail to do this very important part of guitar maintenance).

Edited by Larry
ZOOM GFX-5

Life saver yung Energize feature nya. I usually dont bring my amps to gigs so I just use what is provided by the organizers/venue. The energize thingy lets me boost frequencies that gets lost depending on the amp model or the acoustics of the venue itself. In short, kahit ano amp at kahit ano size ng venue consistent ung tunog ng gitara ko.

I'd get analog effects but I'd end up buying a lot of them. Magmumukha akong tap-dancer kaka-tapak sa effects. Sasakit pa likod ko kakatuwad para mag adjust ng parameters after every song. So I went with digital modeling effects on stage for convenience. Most people can't tell the difference anyway.

para sakin mas convenient ang analog stompboxes at mas reliable xa onstage...

the downside is, you'll spend a lot while getting only some...

question lang...

anybody here can teach me to tune my guitar? yung naka "drop-D" ba yun?

thank you!

anong klaseng DROP D tuning ba yan bro ?

i-tune down mo lang yung lower E string ng guitar mo (which is the 6th bass string) 1 whole step.. to make it D.

pero kung ang tinatanong mong DROP D eh yung katulad ng tunog ng gitara ni MARK TREMONTI ng CREED/ALTER BRIDGE. ibang usapan na yun...

you can't teach tuning online dude

yes you can... if you're eager enough to learn...

well, that's based on my experience... some people may be too dumb to learn and needs to be spoon fed...

a lot of things I've learned when it comes to guitar playing, I learned it online... through researching and reading...

Before, when I was just starting to learn the basic stuff about guitar playing, I used to think that there's only one guitar tuning used by all guitar players...

till I researched online.. you don't need someone to teach you things you want to learn right in front of your naked eyes... ;) JMHO!

saan ba maganda bumuli ng acoustic guitar, maganda ang materials na gamit and around 3k ang price

Lumanog bro, okay nmn yung mga gitara nila.. or DON JON.. some local artists here use DON JON guitars... mas mura with quality sound!

Btw, cno dito nagpupunta ng CLUB DREDD ? dami gigs dun every month.. :goatee:

Checkout CLUB DREDDs website here for gig scheds.. >>> CLUB DREDD WEBSITE

question lang...

anybody here can teach me to tune my guitar? yung naka "drop-D" ba yun?

thank you!

first tune your guitar to regular tuning.

pagkatapos nun. strum mo yung thickest "E" string at yung 3rd na pinaka makapal "D".

while doing the strumming, tune down mo yung tuner ng thickest string until magka tunog na sila nung third thick string. by the way open strings lahat ng tinitipa mong string. yun ang drop-d. from a standard EADGBe tuning, you are dropping the low E string to D. therefore DADGBe na ang tone ng guitar

yung tuning ni Tremonti ng Creed/ Alter Bridge yun ang Open - D tuning. its basically a dropped- d tuning pero kasama yung ibang string na naka tuned down din. pag tinipa mo lahat ng strings without fretting any, it will sound as a d- chord. if you are on standard tuning EADGBe, the guitar will be tuned DADADD

i hope i am making sense. mahirap talaga explain e

i meant you can't teach it like this:

first tune your guitar to regular tuning.

pagkatapos nun. strum mo yung thickest "E" string at yung 3rd na pinaka makapal "D".

while doing the strumming, tune down mo yung tuner ng thickest string until magka tunog na sila nung third thick string. by the way open strings lahat ng tinitipa mong string. yun ang drop-d. from a standard EADGBe tuning, you are dropping the low E string to D. therefore DADGBe na ang tone ng guitar

if he doesn't know how to tune to drop D he doesn't what notes the open strings are in, and most probably doesn't know what an open E should sound like. It's hard to tune if you don't what the base note sounds like and you're tuning the same note with a different lower pitch.

he has to hear those two notes together for him to get it. It's hard to just tell him "dapat magkatunog" when he probably doesn't know if it already is "magkatunog" without actually listening to the notes.

i meant you can't teach it like this:

if he doesn't know how to tune to drop D he doesn't what notes the open strings are in, and most probably doesn't know what an open E should sound like. It's hard to tune if you don't what the base note sounds like and you're tuning the same note with a different lower pitch.

he has to hear those two notes together for him to get it. It's hard to just tell him "dapat magkatunog" when he probably doesn't know if it already is "magkatunog" without actually listening to the notes.

you got a point there bro... but I assume he knows already standard tuning as the basis of other tuning method coz he knows what DROP D is.. he should be able to start from there and figure things out...

anyway, if he's referring to the OPEN D tuning as DROP D which is DADADD tuning... then he'll be having a hard time learning that as well as teaching it here... :goatee: