Guitar Talk

Hey there sorta newbie to this thread pero hopefully i found my "homethread" here.. anyway im a working guitarist who plays in bands for a living formerly of "gabriela" Im currently using an ibanez S series "frank Gambale" model and a Digitech RP-12 Multi-effects unit but im really looking for another effects ryt now preferably a GT-3 or GT-8 so pag me mga napagsawaan na kayong mga ganung effects pm niyo lang ako, on PODWEED well not all players are limited to the electric im sure ur a fine player urself in ur own right pare and i hope we could all get to jam 1day in a sort of MTC guitarfest hehehe... anyway I took up C.o.M in PWU but never graduated... tinamad mag senior recital nagbanda nalang so i can relate to what ur saying pre na classical guitar is a very very rigorous course and only the cream of the crop survive, but on the flipside i know of alot of players who despite graduating from college of music eh medyo naging anga anga sa live band situations so i guess its really a matter of having the balance of both worlds... just my 2 cents

let me tell you fender stratocasters are the best....

SRV, eric johnson, eric clapton, buddy guys, yngwie malmsteen, jimi hendrix, david gilmour, jimmie vaughan, ritchie blacmore, jeff beck, john mayer, ritchie sambora, kenny wayne shepherd. billie joe armstrong...

all strat users....not one of them sounds alike...both in tone and in style. the strat makes you discover your voice on the guitar....they are not for wimps...strats are for real men...hard to play...makes you use your muscles to play....

good for any style of music....

ibanezes are easy to play...nice action...easy tone...but for me it's generic....except for a few artists---joe satriani , steve vai, john petrucci.....every one who uses ibanezes sound the same...

and ibanezes are derived from strats...they just put a humbucking pickup in the bridge and neck areas...

even tom morello and that guy from alice in chains uses strats...that they tricked out....

you guys enjoy your ibanezes....theyre very good guitars...it's easy to get a tone from them...but i tell you ...it might not easy to get a tone from a strat...but it's really worth it....

rock en roll guys!

Wlang tatalo sa tunog nun tol... The best pa rin ang Fender. I prefer this guitar because of sounds and looks as well especially the Vintage Stratocaster model. Hehehe!!!

i know what you mean bro...

ang strat, looks appropriate on anyone...ibig sabihin ng "appropriate" mga bro, e bagay....meaning bagay kahit kanino...wether lalake or babae....bata o matanda....blues, rock, jazz, country....you know what i mean...

yang ibanez na RG550 ipagamit mo kay eric clapton..bagay ba?

i dont think so

i know what you mean bro...

ang strat, looks appropriate on anyone...ibig sabihin ng "appropriate" mga bro, e bagay....meaning bagay kahit kanino...wether lalake or babae....bata o matanda....blues, rock, jazz, country....you know what i mean...

yang ibanez na RG550 ipagamit mo kay eric clapton..bagay ba?

i dont think so

Ang sagwa nun!!! Di ko ma-imagine bro. hehehe!!! Basta ako Fender Stratocaster pa rin. Marami ksi syang tunog di gaya ng ibang guitars na built for mostly heavy metal like Ibanez. Meron nga ba ritong may Rickenbacker? alam ko wla nang ganung guitar dito sa Pinas.

so i'm kinda new hear and seeking advise on what to choose from

i'm searching for a "fat heavy warm toned" guitar and I was lead to a hard decision between a

Jackson

Gibson 

which would I go for people, what model?

tnx

:unsure:

being a biased, i'd say get a strat....

but since you have two choices to make....gibsons are good...Les Pauls, SGs and 335s are known for their warm tones..it doesnt hurt that they look good though.

i have nothing against jacksons...they make the common man's flying V. dame mustaine, marty friedman...randy rhoads come into mind...maybe not so common man....jacksons also make fine strat style guitars...made in the USA pa.but why get a jackson? why not get a fender? hehehe

karanasan ko sa recording.....sonar ang software...home recording ang setup....pero kano na magaling ang nag rerecord sakin ok?

we had a strat , a les paul at our disposal....the les pauls where too warm and too heavy for our sessions.

get a jackson strat style guitar...gibsons are just too f*&^*&in expensive! sometimes i dont think theyre worth the weight and price...buying an instrument that will hurt your shoulder and earn a trip to the chiropractor.yeah right

• 2 weeks later...
My friend is finding an Ibanez bass guitar. PM me kung sino meron for sale..

AriaPro II lang gamit ko na electric..:P Para sakin, brand doesn't matter. Its how the musician plays..^_^

what you said is true, to some certain extent. it's all in the hands...but micheal jordan wouldn't play better if he wore basketball shoes w/c he bought in greenhills right? a good, reliable, sturdy pair of shoes would do him justice. when manny pacquiao used the gloves he was accustomed to, he defeated his opponent who pummeled him before when he was wearing gloves that he wasn't used to.

a good, decent guitar makes a good and decent guitar player.

a great guitar inspires you, that you would be great yourself. this applies to amps.i learned this sometime ago too.

here in america, you gotta have an amp of your own when you play gigs all over the place. i don't have one. with other concerns such as remmitances to my family and a higher standard of living, i could never get around to saving up for my own gear.

so finally, i was able to get a hold of an amp that i really liked....a fender hot rod deville w/2x12 speakers. i bought it from pasadena who said he used to play lead guitar for a blues singer named john lee hooker, whom you all probably read about in gutar magazines and stuff.

anyway, he gave me a good deal for the amp. so i plugged in my strat.

before i bought this amp, i was planning to buy a new set of pickups( texas specials ) and a ibanez tubescreamer.

so i plugged in....and it sounds like hell tore loose! in my head i'm thinking i never sounded this good in my entire life! i dont need texas specials or a new tubescreamer.....the tone is right there.

having good gear makes you think " i sound better", "i play better", "i'm getting better", "whoa,sound like i've been practicing"....get the picture?

it just so happens that the good gear are the ones that good, solid brand names.... i mean, when i buy clothes i'm not into brands....but i feel comfortable in giordano, levis and mossimo clothes.go figure.

but, having good hands also help a lot!

hab a gud day brader!

what you said is true, to some certain extent. it's all in the hands...but micheal jordan wouldn't play better if he wore basketball shoes w/c he bought in greenhills right? a good, reliable, sturdy pair of shoes would do him justice. when manny pacquiao used the gloves he was accustomed to, he defeated his opponent who pummeled him before when he was wearing gloves that he wasn't used to.

a good, decent guitar makes a good and decent guitar player.

a great guitar inspires you, that you would be great yourself. this applies to amps.i learned this sometime ago too.

here in america, you gotta have an amp of your own when you play gigs all over the place. i don't have one. with other concerns such as remmitances to my family and a higher standard of living, i could never get around to saving up for my own gear.

so finally, i was able to get a hold of an amp that i really liked....a fender hot rod deville w/2x12 speakers. i bought it from pasadena who said he used to play lead guitar for a blues singer named john lee hooker, whom you all probably read about in gutar magazines and stuff.

anyway, he gave me a good deal for the amp. so i plugged in my strat.

before i bought this amp, i was planning to buy a new set of pickups( texas specials ) and a ibanez tubescreamer.

so i plugged in....and it sounds like hell tore loose! in my head i'm thinking i never sounded this good in my entire life! i dont need texas specials or a new tubescreamer.....the tone is right there.

having good gear makes you think " i sound better", "i play better", "i'm getting better", "whoa,sound like i've been practicing"....get the picture?

it just so happens that the good gear are the ones that good, solid brand names.... i mean, when i buy clothes i'm not into brands....but i feel comfortable in giordano, levis and mossimo clothes.go figure.

but, having good hands also help a lot!

hab a gud day brader!

Yup tama yun. Meron kaming Washburn X Series na guitar. Never pa kong nging Comfortable in using this guitar. I've always wanted a good sounding clear toned saka vintage ung tunog. Baka meron sa inyong sawa na sa Fender at gusto nang ibenta pakisabi lang. hehehe!!!

hello guys! just wondering i'm thinking of getting my guitar refretted and a floyd rose installed. Any suggestions as to who has this kind of services. Before audiophile and Rj does this, but nowadays they dont have it anymore.

Can you pls give me the contact nos and maybe price range!

thanks fellow guitarists