The Music Of The 80s - Favorites, Classics And Rarities

hitman531ph

thonetteski and atmosphere you guys are heaven sent!!! God bless you both!!!

your help effectively ended 20 plus years of last song syndrome of just hearing synthicide inside my head! hahahha!!!

yup ill make a visit sa treasure chest natin courtesy of hitman and i did a youtube search, meron palang music video yung song na yan hahaha!!!

thanks guys!

@ jokelang, visit hitman's site, theres tear's by the chameleons there (if you dont already have it).

your help effectively ended 20 plus years of last song syndrome of just hearing synthicide inside my head! hahahha!!!

yup ill make a visit sa treasure chest natin courtesy of hitman and i did a youtube search, meron palang music video yung song na yan hahaha!!!

thanks guys!

@ jokelang, visit hitman's site, theres tear's by the chameleons there (if you dont already have it).

oh by the way...yung "no sense of reason", is that the same as yung song na "selfish" na sumikat again recently?

thanks guys!

oh by the way...yung "no sense of reason", is that the same as yung song na "selfish" na sumikat again recently?

wow! you waited for 20 years for that song?... men, the first time i heard it was on bagets two and even william is bugging me for that also... hehehehe

and also if you want to.... orig version of no sense of reason by mg, the singer was a member of the new order and this was her side project...

Sir thonetteski, yung "No Sense of Reason" ba is the same as yung song na "Selfish"? Share naman po via Baul Ng Mga Lumang Awitin ni hitman. Thanks!

Bro, isn't the title of that song "Selfish" by The Other Two? Coz that's the only side project i know Gillian Gilbert and Stephen Morris had outside New Order. Unless it's an entirely different artist, then perhaps MG stands for Morris and Gilbert. :)

The song was recently covered by Sunset Daze. Slightly different from the original version, though.

Bro, isn't the title of that song "Selfish" by The Other Two? Coz that's the only side project i know Gillian Gilbert and Stephen Morris had outside New Order. Unless it's an entirely different artist, then perhaps MG stands for Morris and Gilbert. :)

The song was recently covered by Sunset Daze. Slightly different from the original version, though.

hmmm..... maybe it was a different songs...

the chorus of that goes like this... "no sense of reason... there's no one else.... you were deceiving.....

neway, i have uploaded it to hitman's file last nyt, you can try it...

Edited by thonetteski
Hi Guys! Thanks for all the new uploads, downloaded a few golden nuggets. By chance, do any of you have the Ethnic Faces' original version of Golden Boy, recently remade by Rivermaya? TIA and keep 'em coming! :D

actually i got a recopy of ten of another kind.... :thumbsupsmiley:

Back in the days, I used to listen a lot to Siouxsie and the Banshees...and here's two of my personal favorites: 1) Kiss Them For Me and and this one which sounds like it could come from a Quentin Tarantino movie: 2) Something Wicked This Way Comes. Listen to it if you got time :-)

Of course I like Cities in Dust the most. There was a time I listened to it everyday and paulit ulit :-) And it's weird, it's about those old Roman cities Pompeii and Herculaneum (which were destroyed by Vesuvius' eruption). Next best is Killing Jar. Pero Kiss Them For Me, and Something Wicked This Way Comes are great mood music :-)

And actually, when I listen to Kiss Them For Me, strangely I think of some of U2's music...parang may katunog. Baka nakikinig din si Bono ng Siouxsie and the Banshees? Hahahaha!

Edited by Hex_Arenas

And then of course we all know yung music ni Morrissey and the Smiths nauso pa nung 80s and 90s, so it was funny when one time I was watching this reality show sa cable called Date My Mom, at the end of the show yung soundtrack for one episode was a song by Morrissey! :-) The show is about this guy na ide-date nya yung mga nanay ng 3 contestants na girls and at the end the guy will choose which daughter he would like to go out with (the guy is not allowed to see the daughter before he makes the choice, so he has to rely on what the moms tell him about their daughters). The show always ends with the guy and the girl running off sa beach sa sunset, holding hands. Now it happened that the guy chose the uhmm...most homely (i.e. not the hottest) girl sa group. And the show's crafty editor chose, for their theme music as they ran sa beach "The First of The Gang To Die"! Hahaha!

Anyway, check out na lang (with hitman's permission) Hairdresser on Fire by The Smiths...along with Kiss Them For Me, and Something Wicked This Way Comes, from Siouxsie and The Banshees :-)

Edited by Hex_Arenas

Does anyone have Smiles and Jokes by White China? (Your smiles and jokes, your smiles and jooookes)

And also What's Your Name from Depeche Mode?

Im throwing in Never Let Me Down by Depeche Mode. I wonder if Massive Attack and Nine Inch Nails was influenced in any way by this song...hmm...

Across both 80s sites, you will find the following genres:

New Wave (popular classics and rarities)

RT Classics (songs only the old 99.5RT would play)

Hard Rock

Light Rock

Rock Ballads

Ballads (love songs)

Dance Floor classics (Stargazer to Faces era)

Soul/Rhythm & Blues

Rap (the term 'hip-hop' didn't exist yet)

Jazz/Fusion Jazz

OPM

Pop

It's a great way to rediscover gold!

Does anyone have Smiles and Jokes by White China? (Your smiles and jokes, your smiles and jooookes)

And also What's Your Name from Depeche Mode?

Im throwing in Never Let Me Down by Depeche Mode. I wonder if Massive Attack and Nine Inch Nails was influenced in any way by this song...hmm...

i have a copy of those songs...

btw, depeche mode were the idols of those two bands you have mentioned...