The Music Of The 80s - Favorites, Classics And Rarities

hitman531ph

I got some of the 80s songs you have... I will soon have a 90s site

90's site... COOOL !!!! keep up the cool work.

by da way... more added

1) SEONA DANCING - MORE TO LOOSE

I remember the first time i heard this song.... it was played on 99.5 RT, and for a couple of weeks (or was it months) nobody knew exactly what was the title of this track. Cause the DJs at the radio station kept saying that the title was MEDIUM BY FAITH. So everytime i went to the record stores and ask for medium by faith.... they had none.

Eventually the Station revealed the Name and the Artist via a "Revelation Dance Party"

2) WHEN IN ROME - THE PROMISE

3) COMMUNARDS - NEVER CAN SAY GOODBYE

4) CULTURE CLUB - LOVE IS LOVE

5) PHILIP OAKEY - ELECTRIC DREAMS

I remember the first time i heard this song.... it was played on 99.5 RT, and for a couple of weeks (or was it months) nobody knew exactly what was the title of this track. Cause the DJs at the radio station kept saying that the title was MEDIUM BY FAITH. So everytime i went to the record stores and ask for medium by faith.... they had none.

Eventually the Station revealed the Name and the Artist via a "Revelation Dance Party"

Had a similar experience with "More To Lose". I thought it was "Medium By Faith" due to RT, the 1st station to play that new wave classic. ^_^

I have replaced the Two Rivers by The Adventures on the site with an original 12" 80s remix.

Adding The Care, Lotus Eaters, Blue Nile, The System, Jermaine Stewart, Jump in the Saddle Band, Steely Dan, Donald Fagen, Klymaxx, Mary Jane Girls, Apollonia 6, Gino Padilla and other 80s OPM as well as additional songs from other 80s acts

Edited by hitman531ph
I have replaced the Two Rivers by The Adventures on the site with an original 12" 80s remix.

Adding The Care, Lotus Eaters, Blue Nile, The System, Jermaine Stewart, Jump in the Saddle Band, Steely Dan, Donald Fagen, Klymaxx, Mary Jane Girls, Apollonia 6, Gino Padilla and other 80s OPM as well as additional songs from other 80s acts

Nice to hear my all-time favorite HS bigo-sawi-moving on song "Leaving Yesterday Behind" but it was sung by Keno, not Gino Padilla. ^_^ I wonder whatever happened to his career....

The first site is full. You can still visit it of course but no more new items will be on the first site aside from the few songs added today.

The second site is http://hitmanaudio80sV2.4shared.com

Pointer Sisters, Jim Photoglo, Jim Capaldi, Sade, The Ramones, George Michael, Aretha Franklin, Queen, The Pusuit of Happiness...

Edited by hitman531ph
Had a similar experience with "More To Lose". I thought it was "Medium By Faith" due to RT, the 1st station to play that new wave classic. ^_^

I disagree with you, sir.

While RT called it Medium by Faith, XB102.7 was playing it already for some time. XB's problem was that it's signal was so weak, not many people could listen in. They were broadcasting from a house just a stone's throw away from DLSU and Rizal Memorial.

No matter...

More to Lose by Seona Dancing is the real song title and artist.

It was a successful gimmick back then by RT even though XB tried to spoil the party but with their weak signal (1000W compared to RT's 10000W at the time) did not gain them too many listeners. I myself had to reposition the radio (not just the antenna) to listen to XB. But I was both an XB and RT listener then.

I disagree with you, sir.

While RT called it Medium by Faith, XB102.7 was playing it already for some time. XB's problem was that it's signal was so weak, not many people could listen in. They were broadcasting from a house just a stone's throw away from DLSU and Rizal Memorial.

Had the chance to talk about the song with some new wave die-hards and new wave album collectors way back, when Klub 102 bar was still operating (i miss the crowd, not the bar ^_^ Miss you guys!). Most of us agreed RT was the station that introduced the song, and so with this "Medium By Fade" pseudo title. Maybe your right. Maybe it was XB's weak signal (which a lot of new wavers are very much aware of) that made it look like RT was the first to play "More to Lose", and not XB 102. Regardless of what station played the song first, "More To Lose" will always be considered as one of the most loved new wave songs to hit the 80's; probably the new wave generation's "Light My Fire", so to speak. If there are those who thought RT should be given the credit, i think that wont make WXB's great contribution to new wave music scene any less. ;)

Thanks for the info, bro. :)

90's site... COOOL !!!! keep up the cool work.

by da way... more added

2) WHEN IN ROME - THE PROMISE

3) COMMUNARDS - NEVER CAN SAY GOODBYE

4) CULTURE CLUB - LOVE IS LOVE

5) PHILIP OAKEY - ELECTRIC DREAMS

correction asmodeus......ELECTRIC DREAMS is by Giorgio Moroder of Human League....

nope they started mga 1988 pa.....extreme's album was released sakto 1989 :P the album that made them famous (the one with more than words ) came out 1992

mr big alam ko 1986 pa or sakto 1989

ganun?? <_< eh di ibig sabihin 80s bands din ang Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Blur, atbp, na na-form nung mga late-80s ;) ang alam ko dapat sumikat nung 80s yung artist and/or songs nila para ma-consider dito :)

ganun?? <_< eh di ibig sabihin 80s bands din ang Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Blur, atbp, na na-form nung mga late-80s ;) ang alam ko dapat sumikat nung 80s yung artist and/or songs nila para ma-consider dito :)

i agree in the sense that nirvana and other band hit it in the 90's though they were formed in the late 80's... though, some new wave bands that came in the 80's were founded in the 70's and others even in the late 60's... example... the cure, which was formed in the 70's in fact 'boys don't cry' was written back in the 80's... others were the ramones, the clash, talking heads, blondie, siouxie and the banshees among others..... just my cents.... :thumbsupsmiley: