The Music Of The 80s - Favorites, Classics And Rarities

hitman531ph

My faves? Hmmm.. Sobrang daming singers/bands.. But the one song I could never ever forget was "Cum On Feel the Noize" by Quiet Riot.. I was in Grade Three at that time.. And I loved the song.. I remember during recess when our canteen was jampacked, me and my friend would slam other students while singing this song.. haha.. Isipin mo hindi pa uso ang concept ng slam.. ginagawa na namin ang slamming.. nyahahaha!!! One teacher scolded us.. haha.. Inggit lang siya..

Currently adding The Housemartins, Enya, Deon Estus, Breathe, Johnny Hates Jazz, Beach Boys, Bobby McFerrin, Bronski Beat, Communards, Junior, Paul Young, Care, Berlin, CCCP, Red Flag, Missing Persons, David Bowie/Mick Jagger, Yazoo, Nick Heyward, John Cougar Mellencamp, Depeche Mode, Kon Kan, Flesh For Lulu, Toni Basil, Mellow Man Ace, Grateful Dead, The Blow Monkeys, Mondo Kane, General Public, Mike Francis, Miquel Brown, Gilbert Montagne, I Level, Mel & Kim, Jason Donovan, Sonia, The Cure, Strawberry Switchblade, Dexy's Midnight Runners, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Musical Youth, Five Star, Italian Boys and whole lot more...

I've added some which are hard to find...

From the Stargazer era to new wave era to the French and Italo-disco era to the early-techno era... and some pop in between

For the one requesting You To Me Are Everything by The Real Thing, I have added the 76-86 Decade Remix version

Please note:

mp3 - playable on Windows Media Player, Real Player, iTunes, iPod, Zune

m4a - playable on iTunes and iPod

wma - playable on Windows Media Player, Zune

I'm not sure if real player can play m4a files

Edited by hitman531ph
Thanks for compliments... Heheheh, the current site should suffice for now...

Indeed your site is very impressive..... i was thrilled nga when i saw you had OINGO BOINGO..... I mean, its like forever that i was looking for their song titled "STAY"

May I offer some more suggestions to further expand the collection..

Never Can Say Goodbye (COMMUNARDS)

Something So Strong (CROWDED HOUSE)

Only You (YAZOO)

DONT GO (YAZOO)

Love Parade (DREAM ACADEMY)

Walking on Sunshine (KATRINA & THE WAVES)

Lunatic (GAZEBO)

Indeed your site is very impressive..... i was thrilled nga when i saw you had OINGO BOINGO..... I mean, its like forever that i was looking for their song titled "STAY"

May I offer some more suggestions to further expand the collection..

Never Can Say Goodbye (COMMUNARDS)

Something So Strong (CROWDED HOUSE)

Only You (YAZOO)

DONT GO (YAZOO)

Love Parade (DREAM ACADEMY)

Walking on Sunshine (KATRINA & THE WAVES)

Lunatic (GAZEBO)

I've added some on your list. I'll look for the others

Hi there Master Hitman !!!

Was able to download to Gazebo's "Masterpiece" from your site. I almost forgot about that song. Later on I will be going over John Cougar Mellencamps collection. Wow Talaga!!!!

I'm going a little off-topic, but like i said before.... I also put up a "4shared site" like yours..... except that it will not only contain music from the 80's, but it will cover as many genre's as possible (well at least the songs i liked). hopefully when I have uploaded more, it will cover some songs from the 70's 80's 90's.. up to the present.

So far.... I think i uploaded around less than 50 tracks, and they included JPop's Utada Hikaru, Seiko Matsuda, Miki Imai, and Kiroro. Also have a korean pop song by Jhun Hyung Lee.

You will notice that there are also some 80's songs which are already in your site (since I copied a couple). except that some of the songs are of different versions... for example you have the "Live" version of FLAMING SWORD while I have the "Non-Live" version.

Not sure if the following are 80's or 90's but included already are (On Paper) by 3 0'clock; (Love you Always and Forever) by Donna Lewis; (Living in Oblivion) by Anything Box; (China) by Red Rockers.. and some songs by Debbie Gibson.

Even at my site's early stages.... hope you can drop by for a glance.

http://asmodeus.4shared.com/