Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

or just do the following:

Manual Removal Instructions

1. Run the following command in Terminal:

defaults read /Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Info LSEnvironment

2. Take note of the value, DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES

3. Proceed to step 8 if you got the following error message:

"The domain/default pair of (/Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Info, LSEnvironment) does not exist"

4. Otherwise, run the following command in Terminal:

grep -a -o '__ldpath__[ -~]*' %path_obtained_in_step2%

5. Take note of the value after "__ldpath__"

6. Run the following commands in Terminal (first make sure there is only one entry, from step 2):

sudo defaults delete /Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Info LSEnvironment

sudo chmod 644 /Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Info.plist

7. Delete the files obtained in steps 2 and 5

8. Run the following command in Terminal:

defaults read ~/.MacOSX/environment DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES

9. Take note of the result. Your system is already clean of this variant if you got an error message similar to the following:

"The domain/default pair of (/Users/joe/.MacOSX/environment, DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES) does not exist"

10. Otherwise, run the following command in Terminal:

grep -a -o '__ldpath__[ -~]*' %path_obtained_in_step9%

11. Take note of the value after "__ldpath__"

12. Run the following commands in Terminal:

defaults delete ~/.MacOSX/environment DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES

launchctl unsetenv DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES

13. Finally, delete the files obtained in steps 9 and 11.

Then just run the apple software update to get the latest patched JAVA.

But then, this is actually just the beginning: Malware writers are now targeting mac and OSX-based computers now. Which means it's the start of the end of an era where mac users like us can boast that we are virus-free. Sigh.

any fix to the battery issues? i have a mbp running on os lion 10.7.2 ; 2.8ghz i7.

i only get about 3 hours battery time despite full charge. i've only had this less than a week and mainly just for

internet as i have an iMac for office stuff.

os is not an uprade from snow leopard btw.

If you're only using it for internet, are you using the shared video or the dedicated video card? You don't need the latter for surfing and it does consume significantly more battery.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

am thinking of upgrading from a macbook pro 13 to a macbook pro 15 with retina.

question is.. is it worth the price difference of a retina? i mean, comparing a 15" non retina to a retina.

geesh.. choices!

That depends on what you need the high resolution screen for. Remember, this screen is almost 300 points per inch and that was once the highest resolution of a color laser printer. The prints off this printer at this resolution were very close to photographic quality using the right paper.

If you actually do a lot of high res work on stills or video, a retina display would most definitely assure you of higher throughput and work quality. If you are trying to justify the expense while not doing either of these jobs, you're not going to. The only answer you can give your friends if they ask you why you bought such an expensive laptop is "because I can." Which is how a lot of non-Apple owners view buyers of these computers.

Well, I can and I love it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, new Mac user here. I'm looking for parts that can help me upgrade my machine. It would be nice if you could share a couple of store links that I can look into that still sell peripherals for my newly-acquired 7-year-old PPC Dual 2.3ghz (Late 2005). Or if know some websites that can educate me on how to maximize my machine's capabilities, that will be definitely be appreciated. I think my machine is the last of its kind before Apple migrated to Intel for their processors. Thanks and all the best!

• 2 weeks later...