Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

ive got mac the ripper, what i need now is to convert its files to mpeg 4 for itunes...

any suggestions? links?

ive got mac the ripper, what i need now is to convert its files to mpeg 4 for itunes...

any suggestions? links?

also i plan on changing my hdd, to 320gb up...how to go about it?

@ boomouse - just to confirm, is it true that you cant play pirated mp3's on the latest version of itunes on mac ?

I don't think so. You would be readig about my bricked ipods by now. We do not have an itunes service in the Philippines. So the only ways you can load your ipod is by ripping CDs you own and copying the songs into it (legal) or using MP3s that 'fell off a truck' (not legal but practically unenforceable—unless you do it in such a grand scale).

I keep my iTunes updated within hours that an update is released. I remove and add songs at least twice a week, plus videos and podcasts. I play back two iPods in the car everyday. MP3s of whatever kind or progeny have never been aproblem.

Sir Boo is there anyway i can use the built in isight in my macbook as a webcam here in the phil?how do i get about it?

1. You can use iChat (between 2 macs)
  2. You can use Skype
  3. YM I think supports the internal cam (not sure)

I will look into this more later when I get home.

It does, boomer...

thanks for confirming this. saves me from peeling the black tape off my bult-in cams. my wife knows how to VNC into my Mac and check me out (she doesn't know that I know that she knows). I'm working on a way to hijack the video from the cam and send some other video instead. It looks like the ARAagent hole can be used for this--until it is patched.

Tnx Sir Boo and Chunky, another thing i'm use to making photo slideshow with windows before i've made a switch to Mac is there an app like photostory of windows for mac? where i can make slideshows and insert songs and customize the flow of it...tnx

Tnx Sir Boo and Chunky, another thing i'm use to making photo slideshow with windows before i've made a switch to Mac is there an app like photostory of windows for mac? where i can make slideshows and insert songs and customize the flow of it...tnx

You can use iMovie. iMovie 08 is better than the 06 if you are just starting. It integrates well into iPhoto so getting pictures into the timeline is a drag and drop. You can animate the stills with a ken burns effect that you can configure so that it looks like you are panning, zooming, or both. It also integrates into iTunes so music is also drag and drop. You have transitions too. Timing is customizable for everything as well as fades for the music. If you drag two music files over the same frames the whole thing behaves like a multitrack show so you can have music and annotation runnning together.

You can then export this to a video file that you can burn into a DVD, VCD, internet stream, or iPod video. I usually dump to an iPod and then playback on a big screen using an iPod AV cable. Very handy.

any suggestions? links?

You can use iMovie to import the ripped movie and export it to mp4.

Before upgrading, what Mac do you have. You have to check if it can handle 320 gig. Otherwise, I suggest you keep your old hard drive and just use an external firewire enclosure. There's a few available combo FW/USB enclosures at CD-R king (hi-speed "brand"), but you'll have to check the branches because not all of them have it. I got mine at the Ayala MRT. I think there's one in glorietta or park square1.

guys i havent upgrade my 10.5.3 to 10.5.4,is it better that i keep using the 10.5.3 or upgrade?due to the reason of in the ARDAgent security hole

That hole is not easy to exploit. It needs a computer that is one for quite soe time in one location. If you move yours around and don't stay logged in for long and you don't go clicking away at attachments you don't know, there should be little to worry about. Besides, 10.5.3 or 10.5.4 it is still there anyway.

That is like someone trying to exploit a hole in your socks to infest you with fleas. Hw knows the hole is there but he will have to get you to remove your shoes first. And you don 't remove your shoes for just anyone right? Well, maybe the TSA.

guys i havent upgrade my 10.5.3 to 10.5.4,is it better that i keep using the 10.5.3 or upgrade?due to the reason of in the ARDAgent security hole

That hole is not easy to exploit. It needs a computer that is one for quite soe time in one location. If you move yours around and don't stay logged in for long and you don't go clicking away at attachments you don't know, there should be little to worry about. Besides, 10.5.3 or 10.5.4 it is still there anyway.

That is like someone trying to exploit a hole in your socks to infest you with fleas. Hw knows the hole is there but he will have to get you to remove your shoes first. And you don 't remove your shoes for just anyone right? Well, maybe the TSA.

This is what I meant by the hacker having to know where to look first. Unless he's had access into your Mac and have left himself breadcrumbs, no hacker can easily find you amidst the sea of IP addresses.

any suggestions? links?

any suggestions? links?

try isquint

You can use iMovie to import the ripped movie and export it to mp4.

Before upgrading, what Mac do you have. You have to check if it can handle 320 gig. Otherwise, I suggest you keep your old hard drive and just use an external firewire enclosure. There's a few available combo FW/USB enclosures at CD-R king (hi-speed "brand"), but you'll have to check the branches because not all of them have it. I got mine at the Ayala MRT. I think there's one in glorietta or park square1.

ive got macbook pro ver 1.1 with 2.16ghz intel core duo with 2gb 667mhz sdram...

ive got macbook pro ver 1.1 with 2.16ghz intel core duo with 2gb 667mhz sdram...

Before I gave my one year old MBP that was exactly like yours to my son, I had to change the hard disk a second time because he did not like the MTRON 128 GB SSD I had on it. I found out that the most you can get on it was a 250 GB Western Digital drive. The 320GB was slightly too thick and would only fit in a 17-ingh MBP. We ended with a smaller, but faster 200 GB Seagate.

I now use the MTRON in an external enclosure to supplement that insipid 64GB SSD on my Macbook Air.

anybody has any idea on how to sync a windows mobile 5.0 or 6.0 PPC/phone with a mac? aside from the softwares syncmate and missing sync. TIA

Nope. Those are your two best bets.

Syncmate is free but it does not sync SMS.

The Missing Sync works with iCal and Addressbook fine. My son uses it with his HTC Diamond off a MBP but I tried it and the interfact still feels kludgy to me.

Syncing through activestink, I mean Activesync has never been problem free. The missing sync will install a driver in your phone. You have to wait for it to do that before trying to sync otherwise all you will get are errors and you will be wondering why.

Nope. Those are your two best bets.

Syncmate is free but it does not sync SMS.

The Missing Sync works with iCal and Addressbook fine. My son uses it with his HTC Diamond off a MBP but I tried it and the interfact still feels kludgy to me.

Syncing through activestink, I mean Activesync has never been problem free. The missing sync will install a driver in your phone. You have to wait for it to do that before trying to sync otherwise all you will get are errors and you will be wondering why.

thanks boomouse

I don't know if it does installs. My son uses The Missing Sync and he says that it does installs.

ive installed the missing sync but it didn't install the program. i downloaded the windows mobile version but it didnt install. should i download the palm version? im referring to skyscape programs