Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

any free anti virus software suggestions guys?

I got ClamXAV. So far, it hasn't caught anything. Which makes me worry. Is it useless? Are people not able to write virii for OS X? Is OS X that good? Oh well, I'd take this anxiety anytime instead of the horrors stories on Wndows.

i hope Apple releases a macbook pro the size of a 12" powerbook...

*wishin' and hopin'*

Don't hold your breath. The MacBook is the new low-end. A 12-inch MBP would cost the same as a 15-inch given the way LCD displays are priced today by the OEMs. This explains why the iMac line lost the 17-inch. Also, the lower prices of a 17-inch iMac would be so low that it would cannibalize sales from the 17-inch and possibly the 15-inch MBPs. Notice how thin the new iMac is. It is essentially a portable with a stand and no battery.

The MacBook is the smallest the product line will go perhaps until somethig like OLED screens start coming out.

Don't hold your breath. The MacBook is the new low-end. A 12-inch MBP would cost the same as a 15-inch given the way LCD displays are priced today by the OEMs. This explains why the iMac line lost the 17-inch. Also, the lower prices of a 17-inch iMac would be so low that it would cannibalize sales from the 17-inch and possibly the 15-inch MBPs. Notice how thin the new iMac is. It is essentially a portable with a stand and no battery.

The MacBook is the smallest the product line will go perhaps until somethig like OLED screens start coming out.

it's not actually the price if ever apple comes with a 12" mbp that i am concerned with although, in a way, it's a consideration.

what's significant for someone like me is the comfort in lugging around with a portable.

moreover, i do not consider macbooks because personally, i do not like the finish/material used. MBP appeals more to me aesthetically however, it's size is something that hinders me from getting one. That's why some 15" and 17" MBP owners tag it as lapzilla. :thumbsupsmiley:

a friend of mine ordered the imac.. 2 days after he got it the new ones came out.. he havent even opened the box yet so he called apple told them he wanted the new ones ... and complained that whoever sold him the computer shldve told him they were about to come out so he wouldve waited .. end of story they told him to send the mac back and theyll send him the new imac same price... lucky bastard

it's not actually the price if ever apple comes with a 12" mbp that i am concerned with although, in a way, it's a consideration.

what's significant for someone like me is the comfort in lugging around with a portable.

moreover, i do not consider macbooks because personally, i do not like the finish/material used. MBP appeals more to me aesthetically however, it's size is something that hinders me from getting one. That's why some 15" and 17" MBP owners tag it as lapzilla. :thumbsupsmiley:

I agree. For the same reason I did not get a 12-inch and prefer a 15-inch. The latter feels right on my wider lap. I imagine the 12-inch makes less of an "overhang" on yours. Although weight-wise, only 350 grams separate the 12-inch from the 2.45 kg heft of the 15-inch.

You know what? Send Apple an email. They just might see value in selling a 12-inch if they realize there is a large enough niche for it. Certainly mac fans with petite laps are a large enough market segment.

a friend of mine ordered the imac.. 2 days after he got it the new ones came out.. he havent even opened the box yet so he called apple told them he wanted the new ones ... and complained that whoever sold him the computer shldve told him they were about to come out so he wouldve waited .. end of story they told him to send the mac back and theyll send him the new imac same price... lucky bastard

That is why it costs quite a bit more to deal with a classy company like Apple. Try doing that with a windows laptop dealer in virra mall.

I agree. For the same reason I did not get a 12-inch and prefer a 15-inch. The latter feels right on my wider lap. I imagine the 12-inch makes less of an "overhang" on yours. Although weight-wise, only 350 grams separate the 12-inch from the 2.45 kg heft of the 15-inch.

You know what? Send Apple an email. They just might see value in selling a 12-inch if they realize there is a large enough niche for it. Certainly mac fans with petite laps are a large enough market segment.

I'm not much of a fan to go through the length of convincing Steve that size does matter. :hypocritesmiley: I'm just waiting for the release of Leopard this year and wait for the prices of MBP to "settle" down a bit.

That is why it costs quite a bit more to deal with a classy company like Apple. Try doing that with a windows laptop dealer in virra mall.

a bit more but an Apple is an Apple. you're buying a lifestyle as well. not to mention, the sophisticated interface.

rumor: 12" Macbook Pro

MacScoop claims that according to "trusted sources" Apple is planning on releasing "a notebook that is so small and light that it could redefine the standards of ultra-portable computing."

The upcoming Apple notebook is said to feature a 12" display, 0.6-0.7 inches thick, and weigh less than 3 pounds. MacScoop's sources are unclear if an optical drive will accompany this ultra-portable notebook, but do feel it is likely to come by year's end (2007).

For reference, Apple's current 15" MacBook Pro weighs 5.4lbs with a 1 inch thickness.

Rumors of a ultra-portable Apple laptop have been ongoing since late 2006. MacScoop reported in December 2006 about the upcoming 12" ultra-portable MacBook Pro with additional details provided by Appleinsider in February. There are some conflicting reports with one summary that believed the ultra-portable would carry a 13" LED display.

taken from Macrumors

Can anyone comment on the lcd screen of the newer macbooks? How's the viewing angle and the brightness? I was checking my friend's first gen macbook and I wasn't impressed with the viewing angle...move your eyes a few inches and the colors noticeably change. the brightness wasn't that uniform either.

I don't know if its just me, but somehow the last gen G4 powerbooks have a better LCD screen than the current macbook. Is it just me?

I'm seriously thinking of getting a laptop, but I don't know if i want to spend another 50k for a macbook pro when a macbook can suffice. I'll be using it primarily with indesign, illustrator and some photoshop.

According to this article the computer virus is now 25 years old....

"Prank starts 25 years of security woes"

Why am I posting this on the Mac thread....

Well, according to the article, what was considered a the first virus to ever be released in the "wild" was written for Macs on an Apple II computer. It was called "Elk Cloner" and was a boot sector virus.

Interesting isn't it.

:goatee:

and then of course, Microsoft felt left out and got that "me too!" thing going. Now, it's almost an exclusively MS problem.

:lol:

iPod Touch

Features:

- 3.5 widescreen display

- Multi-touch interface

- Cover Flow

- Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)

- Safari browser

- YouTube

- iTunes WiFi music store

- Photos

- Videos

Just like an iPhone sans the camera and phone features.

8GB = $299

16GB = $399

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/09/dsc_7639.jpg

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/09/dsc_7640.jpg