• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

1983 first time ko makahawak ng computer, guess what Apple II pa yon :cool:

ngayon trabaho ko tech support ng mac, naku magexpire na pla certification ko next month kailangan na magexam uli.

d naman totoo na walang virus ang macs, meron din kaya lng d kasing dami ng windows at d kasing dreadful ng viruses ng windows.

tama c si MIg competitive na ang pricing ng Macs ngaun.

1983 first time ko makahawak ng computer, guess what Apple II pa yon :cool:

ngayon trabaho ko tech support ng mac, naku magexpire na pla certification ko next month kailangan na magexam uli.

d naman totoo na walang virus ang macs, meron din kaya lng d kasing dami ng windows at d kasing dreadful ng viruses ng windows.

tama c si MIg competitive na ang pricing ng Macs ngaun.

Yeah, you're correct. While it's true there are also viruses that attack the Mac, they're more of a commonplace in the Windows world because these viruses, worms and trojans were made to attack computers running on a Windows-based platform. Most of these viruses were usually spread thru MS-Office documents like Word, PowerPoint and Excel files. I once checked out some link and online research led me to the following infos:

1. There are 71,000 worms, trojans and viruses out there waiting for you if you're a Windows PC user.

2. There are 671 worms, trojans and viruses that specifically target Macs.

These figures may change as time goes but I'd say a 671 : 71,000 ratio in favor of the Mac is still a good batting average. I'll be making the big switch to Mac OS X Tiger soon and will be buying a MacBook 2.0GHz. Since I'll be using Windows XP occasionally (thru Boot Camp and Parallels Desktop) to run some Windows-based applications that are inexistent in the Mac, I figured it might be a great idea to install Norton Anti-Virus 10.0 (for Mac OS X) for good measure. Better safe than sorry.

My advise is to buy from someone else! mwehehehehe

Seriously though, I'm not sure how the weroam will work with the internal wifi connection of Mac products...I'm surprised Erwin (the head tech guy at Sengco) didn't know the answer to this one...maybe you should ask other suppliers like Liteware/LMK/Ynzal if they've dealt with this problem...I'm sure there's a way to fix it. :)

Maybe you can contact PLDT and ask.

All new models of Laptops or Macbooks/pro are built in with WIFI. Maybe they have another way to connect this.

PCMCIAis already a thing of the past. Its stupid of PLDT if thats the only way to connect thru their service

well, most (if not all) macs come with all the SW you need... as in word processing, internet browsing, music, video, photo (iSuite)...

yung hahanapin mo n lang would be the high end editors, i think ... like adobe and corel.... also games...

but as for basics, should all be in there, all orig, all lisenced...

and as for pirated... well, i \'m not recommending it, but as many have said... you just have to know where to look

Macs run everything windows can... even pirated software....

hehehe... clue, i never buy softwares.... just download from legit sources then its a matter of where to look for the serials..

wow... nice iMacs

my roommate just got himself n old iBook G4!! way cool!! kahit second hand, ayus pa yung condition... no defects whatsoever... may airport express pa...

i wanna get myself one tuloy (nkakahiya noh? thred starter pa naman ako, pero wala akong mac... hehehehe)

how much ang mga Mac mini ngayon? this is what im planning to get this xmas... (wala pa nga yung holiday pay eh may paglalaanan na... hehehehe)

heheh i am planning to buy a mac mini this christmas selling market price is 30k+

Ibook G5 is about 70k with wifi, bluetooth, OSX pather, with cam and DVD RW its a wow package how do i know my boss just got one hehehe and pag umuwi na sya i get my hand on those hehehe joke lang

Edited by beelee
heheh i am planning to buy a mac mini this christmas selling market price is 30k+

Ibook G5 is about 70k with wifi, bluetooth, OSX pather, with cam and DVD RW its a wow package how do i know my boss just got one hehehe and pag umuwi na sya i get my hand on those hehehe joke lang

its probably a macbook coz there is no ibook G5