All about Sony Ericsson Phones

help! fellow SE users.

i use gprs on my w960 a lot. last week, whenever i try to connect to the web, "network error" appears. although i can enter Globe's portal (one search), but other than that, "network error" appears.

i've tried formatting the media memory, master reset the phone, and re-installed gprs configurations (manually and automatically), but i still get the same result. i've already contacted globe customer service, but after some stupid suggestions like "have you tried restarting the fone?" or "are you sure you typed the url correctly?", they said that everything is fine in their system and that i have to go to a SE service center to fix the problem.

i am planning to go to a service center, but im just hoping that someone here might be able to help me and save me the trouble of going to manila to visit a service center. :D

any ideas? TIA. ;)

edited:

and BTW, the w960 and P1i has the same configurations and software... so, any P1i users have encountered this?

Edited by Pepeng Manas
help! fellow SE users.

i use gprs on my w960 a lot. last week, whenever i try to connect to the web, "network error" appears. although i can enter Globe's portal (one search), but other than that, "network error" appears.

i've tried formatting the media memory, master reset the phone, and re-installed gprs configurations (manually and automatically), but i still get the same result. i've already contacted globe customer service, but after some stupid suggestions like "have you tried restarting the fone?" or "are you sure you typed the url correctly?", they said that everything is fine in their system and that i have to go to a SE service center to fix the problem.

i am planning to go to a service center, but im just hoping that someone here might be able to help me and save me the trouble of going to manila to visit a service center. :D

any ideas? TIA. ;)

edited:

and BTW, the w960 and P1i has the same configurations and software... so, any P1i users have encountered this?

W960i is a 3G phone

why are you using only GPRS connection?

done that, bro. even restored factory settings and formatted media memory (even irrelevant). ive also downloaded the settings from that site, and even installed it manually. same result. :(

try to bring it to the nearest SE Service Center so they can check it..

anyone have a review for the g900? planning on getting one

Check out www.phonearena.com.

Adding my two cents worth, if you want a smartphone with features similar to the SE P-series but with a regular keypad instead of the difficult to use QWERTY keypad then the G900 is the phone for you. Mind you, the first thing that you'll notice that its a bit slow like the P990i. As I had posted before, this problem is solved by upgrading your firmware online at www.sonyericsson.com/support. Just follow the instructions and upgrading is easy as pie.

One little thing I like about it is that it has a Tagalog dictionary. All you do is set ENGLISH as your primary dictionary and FILIPINO as the secondary dictionary. Of course, you can only reap this benefit if you use the T9 (predictive text mode) when you text. Texting in tagalog or even taglish has become a breeze. Try the T9, once you get the hang of it you'll never go back to the multitap text mode.

Check out www.phonearena.com.

Adding my two cents worth, if you want a smartphone with features similar to the SE P-series but with a regular keypad instead of the difficult to use QWERTY keypad then the G900 is the phone for you. Mind you, the first thing that you'll notice that its a bit slow like the P990i. As I had posted before, this problem is solved by upgrading your firmware online at www.sonyericsson.com/support. Just follow the instructions and upgrading is easy as pie.

One little thing I like about it is that it has a Tagalog dictionary. All you do is set ENGLISH as your primary dictionary and FILIPINO as the secondary dictionary. Of course, you can only reap this benefit if you use the T9 (predictive text mode) when you text. Texting in tagalog or even taglish has become a breeze. Try the T9, once you get the hang of it you'll never go back to the multitap text mode.

thanks dude. will look into the site.

guys which is better for my wife a g900 or c902? ur opinion on this 2 phones pls

The G900 is a smartphone and is the successor of the SE P-series. the C902 is the top of the line model replacing the old SE K-series. It all depends on what one uses the phone for. If you need a PDA/cellphone then get the G900. It's also much easier to use than the P1i. If you are more of the "talk and text" type, then get the C902 since its a bit more user friendly. As for the camera, while both models have a 5.0 megapixel camera, the C902 has a more sophisticated version (note that the "C" stands for cybershot).

All in all, they're both great phones...in my opinion.

The G900 is a smartphone and is the successor of the SE P-series. the C902 is the top of the line model replacing the old SE K-series. It all depends on what one uses the phone for. If you need a PDA/cellphone then get the G900. It's also much easier to use than the P1i. If you are more of the "talk and text" type, then get the C902 since its a bit more user friendly. As for the camera, while both models have a 5.0 megapixel camera, the C902 has a more sophisticated version (note that the "C" stands for cybershot).

All in all, they're both great phones...in my opinion.

but if already have a camera and a pda,what will you choose from the 2?

but if already have a camera and a pda,what will you choose from the 2?

If I understand your post correctly, you already have a PDA and are just looking for a good phone. Then maybe you should go for the C902 which as a cellphone is marginally easier to use than the G900. I would treat the excellent 5 megapixel camera of the phone as a bonus. In my case, I have gone for the G900 because it offers more "bang for the bucks" you have to shell out. Still, you can't go wrong with either phone.