All about Sony Ericsson Phones

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi guys! i hope this thread isnt dead yet.

i was a nokia user until 2 years ago, when i switched to SE K700i. i did not have much trouble with that phone, for 2 years, but i guess it's time to buy a new one.

since last week, i was deciding which phon e to buy, SE K800i or Motorolla v3x. i read several reviews, the most comprehensive being the one at gsmarna.com, then i saw this thread yesterday morning. by 5:00pm yesterday, i bought one, with the color bronze.

the phone is really cool. i haven't tried many of the features, but one thing that i noticed immediately was the quality of the sound coming from it, even with the fm radio...ang galing!

i hope we can revive this thread, keep it alive and share some tips to each other regarding our K800i phones.

regards to all!

got a champagne gold k800i from globe as their promo for legacy subscribers...the 3.2mp cam rocks...got myself a 1gb m2 card for mp3s and been using a jabra bt300 via bluetooth for handsfree calls...

while am not accustomed to tweaking cell phones because of its tendency to crash and/or hang, am trying to learn more about k800i and its features to better appreciate it...

this is actually my first foray into the higher-end phone spectrum so am quite a noob on these....:P

taken by k800i in severe lighting...without flash...and quickie...

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n233/hitme64/DSC00007.jpg

this one with flash but it bounced back on the glass (forgot about it...) but still crisp and clear...

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n233/hitme64/DSC00003.jpg

Nice pics Bubs!!! :cool:

Hey, koophal! Use the Adobe Photoshop software to edit your pics. It's really helpful ;)

Pics taken from the phone prints well on any Kodak Kiosk. Pramis!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

BTW, maybe you know where I can buy the cheapest 512mb M2. Sabi mura daw sa 168 Mall but I haven't been there. I'm willing to buy kahit pre-owned na basta OK pa rin siya. My budget's around 1-1,400k. Thanks :blush:

Edited by sheila70
i have R1EJ firmware which i got from Wotan Server along with the EROM upgrade.

for themes, go to www.zedge.no and download all you want for free

for java apps, try www.getjar.com and select the W900i as your phone since the K800i is not listed.

hi guys,

how will now the firmware version of my k800i? and if i want to upgrade it, where can i download an update?

i have encountered 1 problem in less than a week of usage. in the calls history, only the "dialed" numbers are stored/recorded, but the "answered" and "missed" numbers are not recorded. is this a problem or do i need to turn on some settings to activate it? please help.

thanks in advanced.

hi guys,

how will now the firmware version of my k800i? and if i want to upgrade it, where can i download an update?

i have encountered 1 problem in less than a week of usage. in the calls history, only the "dialed" numbers are stored/recorded, but the "answered" and "missed" numbers are not recorded. is this a problem or do i need to turn on some settings to activate it? please help.

thanks in advanced.

To check the firmware of your phone, just press Menu then Settings. On Settings, it'll open to the General Tab. Scroll down to Update Service then Software version. Then if you want to update your firmware over-the-air, choose Search for Update :D

On your PC, go to this link:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=ph&lc=en&ver=4000&template=ps1_1_3_1_1&zone=ps&lm=ps1_1&pid=10407&fid=21839&esi=true

Just follow the instructions you'll see on the screen & make sure you have load if you're using a prepaid sim to cover GPRS charges ;-)

Edited by sheila70
To check the firmware of your phone, just press Menu then Settings. On Settings, it'll open to the General Tab. Scroll down to Update Service then Software version. Then if you want to update your firmware over-the-air, choose Search for Update :D

On your PC, go to this link:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=ph&lc=en&ver=4000&template=ps1_1_3_1_1&zone=ps&lm=ps1_1&pid=10407&fid=21839&esi=true

Just follow the instructions you'll see on the screen & make sure you have load if you're using a prepaid sim to cover GPRS charges ;-)

Hi Shiela,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. My phone does not have the "Update Service" and "Software Version" functions in the General Tab. Im not sure if this is because I havent configured the phone to connect to the internet. But I checked the website you posted, downloaded the software and upgraded my phone software thru it. Ang bilis nga e. But still, I dont know the firmware version of my phone.

How about my problem of the phone not registering the "dialed" and "missed" calls, anyone knows about this, or can help me about this problem?

Shiela, on your earlier post about the cheap 512Mb M2 at 168, a cousin is going there today. I will ask her to check it

Hi Shiela,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. My phone does not have the "Update Service" and "Software Version" functions in the General Tab. Im not sure if this is because I havent configured the phone to connect to the internet. But I checked the website you posted, downloaded the software and upgraded my phone software thru it. Ang bilis nga e. But still, I dont know the firmware version of my phone.

How about my problem of the phone not registering the "dialed" and "missed" calls, anyone knows about this, or can help me about this problem?

Shiela, on your earlier post about the cheap 512Mb M2 at 168, a cousin is going there today. I will ask her to check it

Glad to be of help ;) Pero di ko talaga alam kung bakit di mo nakikita yung dialled & missed calls mo :blink:

Thanks also for looking up the price of the M2 for me ;)

@ironshots, sheila70

i used to have this problem when the phone was new. i deleted everything and then it worked fine from there. i think the problem was fixed when i updated the firmware. Menu > Settings > Update service > Software version. Mine is at R1GB001

I bought my 1 gig M2 from www.tipidpc.com for 3600 from a guy named "tomli"

I got mine 3 months ago for 23k, the silver james bond one @ mega exchange. im not sure how much they go for nowadays

haven't updated yet my firmware...does one have to ba?

anyway, i also asked from tipidpc.com for an m2 card for 1gb at a lower price and there's one offering it for php3100.00 will get it this week...

week three and no problems encountered...except that its sometimes a bit slow when toggling the menus (like 2 seconds slower...:P) but okey lang, my brain is also that slow...

:thumbsupsmiley:

firmware updates generally provide some improvements and bug fixes, e.g., a bug fix for the call list problem mentioned above. however, if you're happy with your current setup and don't experience any problems, then there is no rush to do an update.

although one of the K800 updates improves battery management so...