All about Sony Ericsson Phones

• 1 month later...
i tried to update my firmware using Sony Ericsson Update Service (SEUS), but it told me that my R1N035 is the latest version. how do you update firmware?

anybody here into hacking the k750i?

maybe yours is a different CDA,

my CDA is for APAC..

if its a CID49 phone.. you cant hack it..(no tools available)

but for CID36 phones.. theres FAR Manager with SEPP plugin..

you can convert it to a w800 if you like..

maybe yours is a different CDA,

my CDA is for APAC..

if its a CID49 phone.. you cant hack it..(no tools available)

but for CID36 phones.. theres FAR Manager with SEPP plugin..

you can convert it to a w800 if you like..

i have a cid 36 brown phone. been playing around with far manager, changed the fonts on my k750i. been reading about flashing with w800i firmware, but its just too much hassle for me, or too complicated. don't want to fry my phone.

i have a cid 36 brown phone. been playing around with far manager, changed the fonts on my k750i. been reading about flashing with w800i firmware, but its just too much hassle for me, or too complicated. don't want to fry my phone.

I've flashed my k750i to w800i.. you should try it..

:) ,mine is 36 red.. if you want to do test-flash a phone

you could probably borrow from a friend.. hehehehe..

so your phone will be safe.. :) anyway.. happy flashing..

i have both the K750 and the K800. it really depends on you. the K800 is improved in so many ways over the K750, except for the fact that the music player no longer has megabass. BUT the K750 is stil an excellent device.

if you don't plan to use 3G and the 2MP cam is good enough for you, then get a K750 for about half the price. if you want to go all out, state-of-the-art cam phone, then get the K800. both are excellent so you really can't go wrong either way.

@big-sam

worst case scenario if SEUS really doesn't work for you is go to www.topsony.com and download whichever firmware version you want then flash your phone with FAR Manager.

with regards to using W800 firmware, it's a cinch to do with FAR. takes 15 min and works great!

ei guys got a question: i know it's kinda lopsided for you guys to choose but I'm choosing between K750i or should i wait and opt for K800i....tnx =)

no need to wait.. nandito na yan.. but if you're referring to "wait for the prices to go down"

.. you could wait 6 months.. it should go down by that time..

no need to wait.. nandito na yan.. but if you're referring to "wait for the prices to go down"

.. you could wait 6 months.. it should go down by that time..

yeah, i would wait for the prices to come down. unless you really MUST have 3G and 3mp phone and you'll die without them.

i have both the K750 and the K800. it really depends on you. the K800 is improved in so many ways over the K750, except for the fact that the music player no longer has megabass. BUT the K750 is stil an excellent device.

if you don't plan to use 3G and the 2MP cam is good enough for you, then get a K750 for about half the price. if you want to go all out, state-of-the-art cam phone, then get the K800. both are excellent so you really can't go wrong either way.

thanks sir topak..............by the way.....i've forgotten to put in k790 in my list of choices too......actually now i am weighing those three......

my criterias actually are....

1. MP camera (since i want to try photography, i dont want to buy a digicam though, hassle eh, i've tried k750 before i love its 2MP camera, it works just fine for me whenever i need an on the spot image for use on my work...hehehe em a graphic artist.....if im glad to have tried the 2mp what more if its 3.2, ryt?)

2. MP3s.......the best sounds they can offer (that's why em reluctant to be on k800 and k790s side because it dont have megaBass)

3. 3G....uhm don't rilly need it (mahirap na madaling mahuli jan eh heheheeheheh)

4. price......(k750 is far more cheaper than the two.....but i dont really know how much k790 and k800 cost)

anyway, i just want to unload my misery.......thanks.......

Please help me choose.....if only i can buy 3 of them hehehehehehe

if you want to go into photography, don't even think you can do that with ANY cellcam, no matter how many MPs they are.

thanks sir topak..............by the way.....i've forgotten to put in k790 in my list of choices too......actually now i am weighing those three......

my criterias actually are....

1. MP camera (since i want to try photography, i dont want to buy a digicam though, hassle eh, i've tried k750 before i love its 2MP camera, it works just fine for me whenever i need an on the spot image for use on my work...hehehe em a graphic artist.....if im glad to have tried the 2mp what more if its 3.2, ryt?)

2. MP3s.......the best sounds they can offer (that's why em reluctant to be on k800 and k790s side because it dont have megaBass)

3. 3G....uhm don't rilly need it (mahirap na madaling mahuli jan eh heheheeheheh)

4. price......(k750 is far more cheaper than the two.....but i dont really know how much k790 and k800 cost)

anyway, i just want to unload my misery.......thanks.......

Please help me choose.....if only i can buy 3 of them hehehehehehe