Slimmers World

Arki, sa Alabang kse ako on weekends. ;)

Minsan nakakapagod na rin mag-exercise.. hayy. I also tried boxing.. si Peeves nagba-boxing di ba.. I just dont know kung hanggang ngayon pa din. :)

Nakakapagod... dapat bang may cable TV sa treadmill at stairmaster?... sa kabila meron. :D

Baka dapat may guwapo yata, pero yung walang killer na ex. Hehehe

Was with peeves two weekends ago sa Anilao. Kami ang umubos ng bulalo including the good stuff, kaya kailangang mag-gym nga. :P

I guess it helps to mix it up with a sport maybe. Makisali sa mga women's marathon, at hatak ng mga kaibigan sa gym, tulad ng gawa mo, maybe badminton or tennis on the side. Ako, balik basketball and jogging muna ngayon. :)

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand Tagalog well enough to answer the question asked of me above, so I'll share the following:

Someone came into EGI today looking for me specifically. I'm not normally there, so it was chance that I was able to have this conversation instead of my managers relaying it to me:

Him, "I want to train for Slimmers World Bikini Bodies, but I don't want to take steroids to win. Everyone who is in the Top 5 takes steroids. I hope this doesn't offend you that I'm asking you to consider training me for their show."

Me, "Uh...well you came to the right place I suppose....but what made you come to us?"

Him, "You've trained some of my friends, and the results are already showing after 6 weeks. I can tell that you guys don't do roids. I am working out at Adriatico Slimmers right now and everyone is pushing me to join. I was planning on transferring to you guys since I found out about you, but I hope you are not offended that I might consider competing for them."

Me, "This is not the first time a Slimmers World member wanted me to train them for a Slimmers World show. I don't blame you, even though I used to be against this kind of thing. But I know that I wouldn't be able to prepare at Slimmers World even if it was free to train there. When I trained for one of their shows 2 years ago, I joined Gold's to do so. Most of their members don't train at Slimmers for Great Bodies or Bikini Bodies....they join other gyms or work out in a home gym."

Him, "Ha ha ha! Dude, you are SO right! That place is a farce. I joined like 4 years ago and I guit after 3 weeks, even though I bought a lifetime membership. Now I work out at home. Their equipment is so sh!t and old. I just showed up there and the sales rep talked me into thinking about joining. I wanna do it but I don't want to embarrass myself."

Me, "I don't blame you. When I was in high school, I could use the gym for free. But because it sucked, I sold candy to my friends to earn enough money to join the YMCA in Rockford, Illinois. It wasn't the best, but at least I had the ability to train properly."

Him, "Yea, Slimmers is so 3rd World...I wish more people wouldn't make the same mistake."

The conversation continued as I showed him around EGI while we both had a great deal of fun bashing Slimmers World, the ignorance of their average member, and the whole 3rd world mentality surrounding their "aura". Slimmers World has neither the proper equipment nor the the people who work there who can show you how to use what little that they have in a proper manner. Maybe this individual and myself have rediculously high standards with respect to equipment and physical beauty (for men AND women), but I hardly think so. I think it has more to do with the fact that most people set their standards too low. Shoot for the moon. If, over 6 months to a year you hit the stratosphere, you've done damn well for yourself. The problem we see is that most people at Slimmers World look like they've never launched from the launching pad in the first place.

I blame their system...not their members.

mam, ipagpaumanhin nyo po pero meron po ba akong namention na NGENGOT ang mga tao sa slimmer's?

wla pong gym wars mam not that i know of..

ano pong klase ng paghahataw sa pagkain ang ibig nyong sabihin mam?

ung bande-bandehado po ba?

pwede pa rin po un mam ( na kayo'y seSEXY) pero ang tanong kayanin po kya ninyo ang sqauts, deadlifts at bench press na 6x10?

kung OO, try po natin... :lol:

Oh well, yun tone kse ng post na kesyo sinasagot nya pa mga queries ng mga taga-slimmers blah blah blah.. connotes na ngengot kse kaya tatanong tanong pa.

Yes.. hataw as in kain lang ng kain at di iisipin ang figure.. hehehe. Anyways, ayan worshipme ha.. do you think yan squats, deadlifts at bench press hindi pwede gawin sa slimmers? Pwedeng pwede naman ah. So, palpak pala mga trainors sa slimmers? Hmm.. masabi nga sa consultant ko yan.. kse naman gaganda ng katawan nila eh.. di paniwala ako sa binibigay nilang program sa kin.. afterall, ano ba naman pruweba ang dapat ko pang i-ask di ba? ;) Eh sa kabilang thread nga na build a model body.. nirequest kong ipost mga picture ng body nila para makapag-decide ako kanino ako maniniwala. Gets mo ba? Pag kita ko kse na may washboard abs.. tapos firm ang arms at chest at hindi parang legs ng manok ang legs.. aba para sa kin may karapatan yun magrecite ng effective na program. Pero shemps, iba iba kse ang mga katawan natin di ba.. as the program progresses, shempre sa sarili mo.. mas alam mo kung ano na talaga yun program na nagwowork sa yo. ;)

Nakakapagod... dapat bang may cable TV sa treadmill at stairmaster?... sa kabila meron. :D

Baka dapat may guwapo yata, pero yung walang killer na ex. Hehehe

Was with peeves two weekends ago sa Anilao. Kami ang umubos ng bulalo including the good stuff, kaya kailangang mag-gym nga. :P

I guess it helps to mix it up with a sport maybe. Makisali sa mga women's marathon, at hatak ng mga kaibigan sa gym, tulad ng gawa mo, maybe badminton or tennis on the side. Ako, balik basketball and jogging muna ngayon. :)

Ang takaw nyo ah.. di man lang kayo namigay. :P

Ako, other sport ko is dancing.. di ba sport din yun? hehehe.. as in I really love dancing.. kahit mag-isa lang ako nagsasayaw na parang autistic (as in may sariling mundo ako while i dance). :blink: :P I also play badminton kaso wala akong makalaro eh tapos ang hirap pa magpareserve ng court dito sa Makati. :rolleyes:

nakakatawa naman itong forum na ito.

It says na Slimmers World. ...They are still around! :P

Pero nag aaway ung mga tao dito sa mga gym nila. Eh di gumawa sila ng forum nila.

Napaghahalata Tuloy kayo.

Dude, you can have friends anywhere naman.

Kung kilala mo ako then di mo sasabihin yan.

Pero tama ka. Kahit saan pwedeng magkaroon ng kaibigan.

More JUICY facts about Slimmers World:

I went to Makati Med today to visit someone. Lo and behold, a friend of my friend I visited is going to compete in Great Bodies 2006.

The HILARIOUS part? Slimmers World found him 3 months ago at Glorietta and BEGGED him to join Great Bodies and gave him basically a lifetime membership in exchange!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA....this is SOOOOO funny! Slimmers World, you are beyond LOSERS now. Seriously. Sometimes I think God Himself has a hand in this, meaning to put me so that I'd meet this guy and hear about this...and to think that I was really worried about the person I was visiting. We ALL had a laugh about this...including the guy in the hospital bed. I've never seen so many coincedences in my life since being involved in this industry.

Slimmers World, you all are PATHETIC. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

I remember inquiring at Slimmer's a couple of years ago. They gave me a tour around their weight room and I was greeted by several dozen chrome-colored machines.

I asked the guide if they have any plans of investing in some heavy-duty power racks and Olympic plates/bars. They told me that machines are enough and will do the trick in helping me reach my goals.

What? Machines? But I want to reach my goal of squatting 300-plus pounds and deadlifting 350-plus pounds.

I realized that reasoning with the consultant was useless. I just shrugged my shoulders and walked away.

More JUICY facts about Slimmers World:

I went to Makati Med today to visit someone. Lo and behold, a friend of my friend I visited is going to compete in Great Bodies 2006.

The HILARIOUS part? Slimmers World found him 3 months ago at Glorietta and BEGGED him to join Great Bodies and gave him basically a lifetime membership in exchange!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA....this is SOOOOO funny! Slimmers World, you are beyond LOSERS now. Seriously. Sometimes I think God Himself has a hand in this, meaning to put me so that I'd meet this guy and hear about this...and to think that I was really worried about the person I was visiting. We ALL had a laugh about this...including the guy in the hospital bed. I've never seen so many coincedences in my life since being involved in this industry.

Slimmers World, you all are PATHETIC. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

Asus naman! Eh kung gusto gawin ng Slimmers yun eh Strategy nila yun.

Ikaw kaya mo ba yung ginawa ng Slimmers? Kaya mo ba mag-offer ng Lifetime Membership? Kung hindi mo kaya eh silent na lng :rolleyes:

Nalulugi ba yung Gym mo? Kasi bakit puro Reklamo sa ibang Gyms? Yung Gym mo dito ko lang na-basa. As in Never Heard.

Sinisiraan mo ibang gym para pumunta sa Gym mo?

Focus on your Gym to attract future members. Hindi yung sisiraan mo ibang gyms. Ano Nationality mo kasi tataka ako sa marketing strategy mo.

With your attitude hindi ko alam kung magtatagal yang Gym na yan. Baka mapa-aga sara nyan. Mamimiss kita dito sa mtc :unsure:

Edited by edc
Asus naman! Eh kung gusto gawin ng Slimmers yun eh Strategy nila yun.

Ikaw kaya mo ba yung ginawa ng Slimmers? Kaya mo ba mag-offer ng Lifetime Membership? Kung hindi mo kaya eh silent na lng :rolleyes:

Nalulugi ba yung Gym mo? Kasi bakit puro Reklamo sa ibang Gyms? Yung Gym mo dito ko lang na-basa. As in Never Heard.

Sinisiraan mo ibang gym para pumunta sa Gym mo?

Focus on your Gym to attract future members. Hindi yung sisiraan mo ibang gyms. Ano Nationality mo kasi tataka ako sa marketing strategy mo.

With your attitude hindi ko alam kung magtatagal yang Gym na yan. Baka mapa-aga sara nyan. Mamimiss kita dito sa mtc :unsure:

Again, I don't understand enough to respond. I stated why earlier, and for anyone who doubts this, show up to Eclipse...and you'll see why my vocabulary is limited.

Also....I've had a burning question, speaking of pirating other athletes to compete for them. Was their headless male model, CLARK BARTRAM, ever paid to be the model of Slimmers World?

http://www.musclememory.com/show.php?a=Bartram,+Clark

Anyone who is familiar with Muscle Media in the 90's is surely familiar with that side shot of him that Slimmers World posts all over their walls. Seeing as how Clark is American and Slimmers World is Australian makes me wonder if those pictures were stolen as well....not to mention that this model IS NOT a member of Slimmers World...since Slimmers doesn't exist in the States.

Integrity anyone?

Whether or not you like me, at least I'll stand up for what is the truth, and I'll take on any challenge with respect to our integrity and honesty towards our members.

THIS IS THE SLIMMERS WORLD THREAD. NOT THE FIGHT CLUB.

I SUGGEST YOU BRING YOUR FIGHTS TO THE FIGHT CLUB. THIS THREAD IS SUPPOSED GIVE PEOPLE INFORMATION ABOUT SLIMMERS WORLD.

IM PRETTY SURE THEY DONT OPEN THIS THREAD TO READ A CATFIGHT BETWEEN TWO MEN.

ANY MORE FIGHTS IN THIS THREAD AND THE PROTAGONISTS WILL GET WARNINGS ON THEIR BARS.

THIS IS ALSO NOT THE THREAD TO PROMOTE OTHER GYMS. I AM SURE THAT YOU CAN EITHER OPEN ANOTHER THREAD FOR THAT, OR THERE IS ALREADY AN EXISTING ONE FOR SAID PLACES.

STOP THE CATFIGHTS BOYS.

Edited by Wyld

well, i guess slimmer's as a gym may not be conducive for people who are on testosterone overload or at least that's how they view themselves...

then again, blackcat is right, it's not the gym...it is the P-E-R-S-O-N who determines whether or not he/she will get the results he/she wants.

i could go to best gym in this f#&king world and still be a skinny boy on supplements...or a ripped dude on juice....

in the end, it doesn't really matter where u lift...as u long as u lift and hopefully u lift smart.

Thank you Jourdan. I agree with you....

Now on this note, can we all move on . ;)

Edited by Wyld
Oh well, yun tone kse ng post na kesyo sinasagot nya pa mga queries ng mga taga-slimmers blah blah blah.. connotes na ngengot kse kaya tatanong tanong pa.

mayba it is, maybe it isn't nasa pagkakaintindi ng tao yan e..

kung mashadong sensitive ung nakakabasa, he/she would definitely assume na ganun nga ang sinasabi di po ba? :D

Yes.. hataw as in kain lang ng kain at di iisipin ang figure.. hehehe. Anyways, ayan worshipme ha.. do you think yan squats, deadlifts at bench press hindi pwede gawin sa slimmers? Pwedeng pwede naman ah. So, palpak pala mga trainors sa slimmers? Hmm.. masabi nga sa consultant ko yan.. kse naman gaganda ng katawan nila eh.. di paniwala ako sa binibigay nilang program sa kin.. afterall, ano ba naman pruweba ang dapat ko pang i-ask di ba? ;) Eh sa kabilang thread nga na build a model body.. nirequest kong ipost mga picture ng body nila para makapag-decide ako kanino ako maniniwala. Gets mo ba? Pag kita ko kse na may washboard abs.. tapos firm ang arms at chest at hindi parang legs ng manok ang legs.. aba para sa kin may karapatan yun magrecite ng effective na program. Pero shemps, iba iba kse ang mga katawan natin di ba.. as the program progresses, shempre sa sarili mo.. mas alam mo kung ano na talaga yun program na nagwowork sa yo. ;)

!) mam ako po kain ng kain as in 5-6 meals a day pero sa awa ng Dios nagagawa ko pa nman ung nakasaad sa program ko khit na evry wik e pabigat ng pbigat ang binubuhat ko..

2) tama kau mam khit nman sa slimmers pwede mag squats, deadlifts at bench press in fact khit san gym nman e pero parehong equipment kya ang gmit like free weights, olympic barbell and cages? and, ung barbell ba na gamit ay exact weight of 45lbs.?

3) mam naitanong nyo po ba sa consultant/trainer ninyo kung did they ever used steroids dun sa discipline nila bago nila na achieve ung ganon kagandang katawan? if they didn't ever used nor even try then Kudos to them.

4) mam kung mapapansin nyo po ung madalas mag display ng katawan nila (whoever they are) sa signature, are mostly those who do not have the "K", wla nman masama dun sa request nyo di ba pero they also hev the right not to do so, mas maganda po cguro if we all EB para makapag exchange po ng useful ideas and help each other achieve the best looking bodies. :D

:lol:

sali ako Dito.

Musta pareng space?

Musta na.

Long time no see.

4) mam kung mapapansin nyo po ung madalas mag display ng katawan nila (whoever they are) sa signature, are mostly those who do not have the "K", wla nman masama dun sa request nyo di ba pero they also hev the right not to do so, mas maganda po cguro if we all EB para makapag exchange po ng useful ideas and help each other achieve the best looking bodies. :D

mas maganda po cguro if we all EB para makapag exchange po ng useful ideas and help each other achieve the best looking bodies. :D

Hehehehehehehehehhe

Ano oorganize na ba ng EB.

Para magkaalaman na.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Para malaman ko sino nag ggym sa gym ko.

May maging friend naman ako,

Hihihihihi

How are you Fellow Slimmers World Members?

Ilan years na nyo ginagamit yung Lifetime Membership nyo. Ang saya-saya talaga, Imagine for 30thou Lifetime na Gym ko.

Example kung naka 5 years mo na nagagamit yung Lifetime Membership mo tapos 30thou lang binayad mo. Grabe Bargain ito.

Ewan ko nga paano nagawa ng Slimmers yang ganyan diskarte kasi ang tagal na nila at Bukas pa rin sila.

Kung gusto nyo ng Value for money mag-isip kayo. Do the math nung example ko sa taas. Kahit gawin nyo pa 50 thou ang Lifetime Membership eh bargain pa din.

*******Magbabayad lang ako ng 2thou a month sa ibang gym kung lalaki lang katawan ko na hindi na kailangan ng Effort. Imagine 2thou a month tapos in a year eh 24 thou na babayaran mo!!!! In 5 years 120thousand!!! Lugi yun.

Ganun din naman gagawin nyo. Parepareha lng tayo magbubuhat. Mas Mahal lang binayad nyo.

Edited by edc
  • 4 weeks later...
slimmer's world over all is pretty good.. a real bargain for your money. though they lack in some facilities such as sauna and steam rooms, an advantage that fitness first has over them. <_<

Ok na din walang Steam Room and Sauna kasi for 30thou sa lifetime eh masyado ng bargain yun. Baka bumaho dun sa dami ng tao.

Ok na din walang Steam Room and Sauna kasi for 30thou sa lifetime eh masyado ng bargain yun. Baka bumaho dun sa dami ng tao.

hahah. i guess. :D well one of my buddies told me they used to have these facilities, until one of the branches almost burned because of the sauna. must be poor maintance. since then they pulled it out on all their branches..

hahah. i guess. :D well one of my buddies told me they used to have these facilities, until one of the branches almost burned because of the sauna. must be poor maintance. since then they pulled it out on all their branches..

Naiinis ako dun sa mga matatanda pag gumamit ng Equipment hindi pinupunasan yung pawis nila after gamitn.

What more pa pag nagkaroon ng Sauna and Jacuzzi. Kumpulan ng mga Gurang dun sigurado. Labasan ng mga Singaw ng Katawan yun. Bango sigurado nun.

Nakakainis pa minsan sinasamantala yung pag ka Senior Citizen para mas matagal makagamit.

Naiinis ako dun sa mga matatanda pag gumamit ng Equipment hindi pinupunasan yung pawis nila after gamitn.

What more pa pag nagkaroon ng Sauna and Jacuzzi. Kumpulan ng mga Gurang dun sigurado. Labasan ng mga Singaw ng Katawan yun. Bango sigurado nun.

Nakakainis pa minsan sinasamantala yung pag ka Senior Citizen para mas matagal makagamit.

yeah! hate that bro.. :grr: anyway i don't really mind the old people.. i even help some of them put up the plates and stuff. funny thing, once there was this lady (maybe 30yrs older than me) who was really grateful and even brushed her hand across my shoulder.. giggled and said ohhhh, thank you.. <_< maybe she thought i was hitting on her. :lol:

the annoying part is at peak hours, when the gym is crowded.. those who stay at the equipment to rest and do other stuff like chat up their old buddies or yap on the phone. what i do is go "excuse me SIR, do you mind if i alternate?" they give way but u can tell their kinda pissed off by how they look.. hahah :D