Digital Cameras

• 2 weeks later...
any reviews yet or makagamit na ng bagong

Canon SX1 ? pls share ... thanks

Personally, I'd go for the S5IS since its price is dropping fast. They're probably getting rid of them to make way for new models.

The SX10IS and SX1IS replace the S5IS, and should be sold really soon, if not already. Judging from the pics on flickr, I'd have to say the S5IS produces sharper images than the new SX1IS/SX10IS. I have a feeling they crammed too many megapixels in the newer sensor and not a good enough lens.

The SX100 IS is the little brother to the S5IS. It's supposed to be replaced by the SX110 IS in the next few weeks. Images are nearly the same from what I can tell, but the SX100 IS removes certain features from the S5IS (rotating screen, flash hot shoe, etc.)

Edited by thirteen
http://i36.tinypic.com/t56bdl.jpg

guys help, i did found this old slr camera, it was my dads camera, found it sa 'baul' :)

need help on which shop to fix/restore this thing. dont know if its still working..

tnx

Along Hidalgo, Quaipo dude.

Marami dun repair store, just be carefull lang...

-------------------

sir gideon, ano advise mo? should i try to restore/fix this thing? may bumibili pba nito?

and what u mean by be careful sa hidalgo? :)

tnx

by all means irestore mo yan pare ...at may bibili niyan...but if i were you ill hold onto it or awhile...though digital na tayo e youll be able to practice the basics of photography with it...maybe what sir gideon means by saying be careul eh some shops might replace the original parts with non-original parts ...so my advice is if theyll gonna fix it dapat nasa tabi ka lang

by all means irestore mo yan pare ...at may bibili niyan...but if i were you ill hold onto it or awhile...though digital na tayo e youll be able to practice the basics of photography with it...maybe what sir gideon means by saying be careul eh some shops might replace the original parts with non-original parts ...so my advice is if theyll gonna fix it dapat nasa tabi ka lang

Yup, care for your camera, dahil bihira na yan...

Maintenance is the key...

BATTERY . Which is better using li-IOn or AA battery ? Considering the cost and longetivity in case of phase out . Li -ion is better in size , more powerful . How about in the long run considering price factor ?

I think the new canon is Canon SX 110 IS . Any comment ? This will replace the Canon SX 100 IS .

am using a canon dSLR camera(40d & 5d) ...so am using a sanyo 2700 ni-mh rechargeable batteries ...rechargeables are more convenient than AAs ...i think they have a lifespan of 1000 charges... some say enloop is good ,havent tried one ...they say you can use it "out of the box" at di mo na kailangan i discharge to charge it again ...

BATTERY . Which is better using li-IOn or AA battery ? Considering the cost and longetivity in case of phase out . Li -ion is better in size , more powerful . How about in the long run considering price factor ?

I think both batteries have there advantages and disadvantages...

Li-Ion is better in terms of power, but it is expensive...

AA, I assume this is the rechargeable ones??? Is cheaper, but the it only goes up to 2700 mah.... I use ANSMANN (Ferrari type) on my Speedlite 430 EX II....

AA, I assume this is the rechargeable ones??? Is cheaper, but the it only goes up to 2700 mah.... I use ANSMANN (Ferrari type) on my Speedlite 430 EX II....

ok ba ansmann pare? saw one yun ferrari type with schumacher n the cover hehehe i use speedlite 550ex and a 580ex II for my cameras ...thinking of buying a battery transistor ...waddayathink?any comment

I'm planning to buy a point and shoot. Specs I would like are:

7 to 8 mp at least (pwede na yun diba?)

lithium ion battery

either Karl Zeiss, Schneider, Leica or any other good lenses?

Here's the big problem - must be under P10K.

Any suggestions?

No way you can get a Zeiss, Schneider, or Vario-Elmar (that's what you call the Leica lens on point and shoots like the Lumix) for P10k. Kahit 2nd hand siguro.

Sir Gideon, how much is your 430 EX II? I'm thinking of buying a 430 EX kasi... may idea kayo sa price of both? TIA

No way you can get a Zeiss, Schneider, or Vario-Elmar (that's what you call the Leica lens on point and shoots like the Lumix) for P10k. Kahit 2nd hand siguro.

yeah i agree.. this guy is dreaming.. unless he manages to snag a camera from someone desperate for cash.. otherwise, no way indeed. :goatee:

Edited by kikmeister