Digital Cameras

Here it is. The best point-and-shoot camera that most of us can't buy.

US$2,000.00

post-188-1259913434.jpg

post-188-1259913444.jpg

The Leica X1 is the direct beneficiary of 100-plus years of German engineering experience and it delivers the best picture quality in its class - in the proud Leica tradition. This elegant camera features a professional CMOS image sensor that's as large as those in high-quality SLRs.

Countless iconic images in the history of photography were shot with a fixed focal length of 35 mm. This focal length is considered to be a classic for reportage photography, and has lost none of its timeless charisma today. The Leica Elmarit 24 mm f/2.8 ASPH. is a true Leica lens with terrific optical performance. When seen in terms of 35-mm film format, it has precisely this legendary focal length of 35 mm.

The LEICA X1 offers versatile photography in terms of her numerous automatic functions and manual individual settings. The photographer can choose the easy way and let the camera take the lead over exposure or shutter settings in the automatic mode or switch over to manual controls by using the wheels on top of the camera. Thus the X1 allows the photographer to keep full control for individual creative art work and at the same time provides the automatic mode to ensure the capability for quick response.

The autofocus of the X1 provides fast focusing competence and enables photographers to react in an instant. At the same time, the autofocus mode can be modified to suit the situation. Photographers have a choice of 1 or 11 AF segments and an additional high-speed mode for each. When taking photos of people, face-recognition mode allows complete concentration on the composition and framing of the picture.

• 3 weeks later...
hmmmm... guys im interested if anyone has any experience on the digital cams that are waterproof/shockproof/lifeproof/ etc....

options are the Canon D10, Lumix TS1, Pentax Optio W80 and the Olympus....

any reviews?

thanks

i have an olympus mju 1030... lately, napapasukan siya ng tubig sa battery case, and it's only about a year old... not enough to ruin the camera, but when you bring it up and look at the compartment, there are definitely droplets of water in the battery where they shouldn't be... i was willing to forego the not-so-stellar image quality (i have an slr for that), but the olympus mju was supposed to be water proof... :( that was the only reason i bought it. yet it failed in even that. fail ang oly mjus in my opinion. get others...

i have an olympus mju 1030... lately, napapasukan siya ng tubig sa battery case, and it's only about a year old... not enough to ruin the camera, but when you bring it up and look at the compartment, there are definitely droplets of water in the battery where they shouldn't be... i was willing to forego the not-so-stellar image quality (i have an slr for that), but the olympus mju was supposed to be water proof... :( that was the only reason i bought it. yet it failed in even that. fail ang oly mjus in my opinion. get others...

My sister in law has a Canon D10 and all I can say is that it was built well, but its downside is that the camera is kinda bulky pero when you look at it talagang sasabihin mo na waterproof and shockproof talaga cya kasi solid na solid ung body nya =)

• 1 month later...

hey guys, i have a casio exilim of 2 years now..several months ago it started to have a some sort of lines on the pictures..basta pangit na sya... :thumbsdownsmiley: im planning to let it fix muna before buying a new one.. may alam ba kayong service center ng casio? tnx

and for those who are planning to buy a digicam.. i dont recomend exilim..at first maganda pero madali sya masira...i regret buying... i should have bought a cybershot na lng by sony... ^_^